“Ashiyana Teacher Training Course 2013”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mandrem
Ashiyana Yoga Resort Goa
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Ashiyana Teacher Training Course 2013”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

What can I share that fully represents the experience of a TTC at Ashiyana. Most importantly it is something that you have to experience yourself. I did the teacher training last October and I still feel its loving light radiating from inside of me. It is as if I’m walking around with an inner treasure, that only my teachers there and other beautiful yogi students I shared this with, know about. What Ashiyana offers is a wonderful base and growing experience where you can lift of as a new yoga teacher, being completely unique and asked to really live from within your heart to share your love of life and yoga. The place is beautiful with lots of quiet places where you can feel one with nature, a real sanctuary. I felt really safe and at home. It is like creating a yogi family there. There is a high quality of teaching and all teachers are such positive and open beautiful different unique beings. They all add on to the knowledge you need to elevate your yoga experience to a new level. Akhilesh as an asana and philosophy teacher gives you the fundamental grounds on which you can build your experience as a yoga teacher. His laughter and positivity is famous and contagious. His focus on alignment and strength building still helps me today. Yamuna with her divine feminine (acro) flow fills you with love and light. She is such an inspiration and she does not only teach you about Bhakti but in fact is Bhakti Yoga. Chloe, our soft spoken beautiful always being positive anatomy teaching yoga bum. Her love for yoga, anatomy and beach fun has helped me through lots of difficult anatomy classes.
Chandra and all others make everyone feel so at home with a wonderful open presence. I treasure all of the experiences and people I met there! I went to Ashiyana without expectations, of course I did have the hope that it would be what I needed to learn and inspire me to share my light, but being open to all is I think the only option in that way you can experience and make that experience an unique way to grow. I wouldn’t have wanted to do my training anywhere else. Ashiyana was the perfect place for me! I had so much fun during all the hard work!
If anyone wants a loving life changing experience while learning to teach giving yoga Ashiyana is the place to be. Oh and as mentioned many times by others, the food is so good!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Eco Lodge near the reception place which was really good and central. Beach huts are...
3 Thank Yogalana S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I attended the teacher training last October 4th to November 3rd 2013 at Ashiyana. I really feel blessed to have this opportunity. I'd like to outline the quality of the training, with very professional and loving teachers, Akhilesh, Yamuna and Chloe. The content and timetable of the training was very good and so well organized. Intense, but we learned so much. Yoga practice with Akhilesh was demanding but excellent, learning how to teach was really good, enabling us to train to give yoga lessons, and build our own style. Bakhti sessions with Yam were blissful, very loving, singing beautiful mantras every night, falling into silence with a big smile, bringing us to know each other and oneself more...Anatomy with Chloe was excellent too, intense program, but necessary to understand better the body and asanas. Philosophy classes with Akhilesh, meditation sessions every day, took us in a very interesting "space", authentic yoga culture... So the whole program was excellent and intense and this is part of the process. You are fully living this unique experience. The place is also part of the uniqueness: Ashiyana is in the heart of a beautiful nature, ricefields, palmtrees, beach and ocean... I was in a nice beach hut close to the river. Food was very good and healthy. Staff was really nice. The group was so kind, and we all got our 200 hours certificate at the end of the training.... as we worked so hard... I think we deserved it!! Blissful and unique experience that I would recommend.

3 Thank elodieb76
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

In October 2013 I joined the one month Yoga teacher Training in beatifull Ashiyana Resort. I am so gratefull to our excellent and devoted teachers Yamuna, Chloe and Akhilesh. It was a hard work, but with the support of teachers, school mates and all the kindly staff in Ashiyana we managed. Staying in this beatifull resort, in tastefull furnished rooms and green gardens was really a great experience. Also food was delicious. i recommend the yoga teacher traing or just yoga retreat in ashiyana.Ii will come back again.

3 Thank Polona Z
Cabarita Beach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed a week at ashiyana and I couldn't imagine anyone not being happy there. It is situated just back from a beautiful Goa beach, and close to a village. All the staff are helpful, there was a problem with my international payment transfer and they were really good about it. the food is sensational and the yoga teachers are beautiful warm caring people. I don't think anyone could give it a bad review, I will definitely go back there.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank ron0266
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I completed the Ashiyana's YTT in feb-march 2012, and must say that it was a magical experience.. The staff were so kind and thoughtful, Mukesh and Chandra - so supportive, helpful, and lovely. I was one of the trainees that was ill for a few days when i was there (not anything to do with the food at ashiyana - just 'delhi belly' as they call it) - Mukesh organised a doctor for me straight away (whom treated me in my room, and he was also very loving, caring, and a fantastic doctor) ..i recovered in a couple of days..the service was so efficent..
As for the training, i felt as though it was very 'real'..none of this yoga fluff/dogma/jealousy/competition that one may experience in many other centres. Katie, the anatomy teacher, was wonderful - i had previously studied anatomy and physiology and have never grasped it as well as when katie was teaching. She is very visual and hands-on (which was so helpful for me, as i am also a visual learner) - katie also made time after class/during dinner to discuss anything that we may need help with. Yam was also a wonderful teacher - a real 'bhakta' yogini..taught with so much love and authenticity..the real yoga...i enjoyed Chris' philosophy lessons as well, as he often touched on stories of his guru/ and ashram life..things you dont get to hear about in everyday life. He also posed some interesting questions...allowing you to question your already-decided beliefs. Linda was the main asana teacher. She taught with so much grace, and it was obvious that she lives and breathes the true teachings of yoga.
Dont do this training if you want really western 'exercise' yoga..as the training was the opposite.

Amazing experience, beautiful accommodation, delicious food, and many lifelong friends :)..

Namaste,
Tali Merrick

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank talizen
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

We, two women in their best age (47 and 51), stayed at Ashiyana for two weeks. One of us stayed there for the second time. We can really recommend the place, which is quite unique in Goa if you like the following features: Very skilful and highly professional daily yoga practice in wonderful surroundings (inside and outside), beautifully arranged garden areas with a quiet and peaceful atmosphere, sandy and unpretentious yet beautiful long beach at five minutes walk from the resort, including the passing of an extremely romantic pedestrian bridge, healthy food and wonderful teas and drinking water (beverages available throughout the day), delicious fresh fruits for breakfast, open air eating areas, very nice and friendly staff, down-to-earth handling of issues, very helpful hotel management, spacious rooms, individually decorated and shaped, some of which are very comfy and very much aesthetically pleasing. During our last stay at the resort, we booked one of the newly launched luxury suites and very much appreciated the huge rooms we had for ourselves in total privacy. We also very much appreciated the fact that the tap water was clean (we brushed our teeth with it without any problems). Last but not least we would like to especially mention the nice massage and treatments available at the resort, which we enjoyed almost every day. Although more expensive than outside the resort, the treatments in our view were worth the money as they definitely were more professional than the ones you can get in the neighbourhood. All in all, we would recommend staying at Ashiyana if you wish to have a nice, restorative and totally relaxed stay without having to worry about anything. Just go there, get accustomed to the beauty of the place, the sweet scent in the air and allow yourself to enjoy that little corner of paradise! We will definitely go there again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank bettinazuppinger
Masinagudi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I spent 8 nights in Ashiyana in early October and by the 8th day, I had decided that I would definitely come back for a much longer period.

Ashiyana felt like home. The hosts were wonderful and warm, the staff considerate and thoughtful. The food was delicious in addition to being healthy and some of the best times were spent around the dining table having incredibly interesting conversations with the teachers and fellow residents.

The room I stayed in (the Garden Room) was absolutely stunning.

I have to mention that as someone with not too much Yoga experience, I was apprehensive at first about being able to keep up. All my apprehensions were dispelled from day 1. Every teacher was wonderful in his/her own right. We were able to keep our own pace, even though we had beginners such as myself, as well as accomplished yogis in the same session. I learnt more about yoga and experienced its benefits in these 8 days than I have ever before. And being an Indian, I have to say, that is a really big deal to me.

Access to an absolutely stunning beach is just another feather in Ashiyana's cap. Oh, and of course, the whole experience would just not be the same without all the gorgeous, super friendly dogs there. :)

Thank you very much Chris, Chandra, Nicole, Vicky, Noor, Yam, Chloe, Christian and all the others at Ashiyana. I hope to come back and spend a lot more time with all of you one day.

4 Thank Mathias96