“Yoga place near the river”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mandrem
Ashiyana Yoga Resort Goa
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yoga place near the river”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My friends and I stayed there for two weeks. We were very lucky with yoga teachers, but I would not recommend this place for those who seek an 'ashram experience' or a serious yoga training. This place is a little 'commercial'... It is better to come here with a good teacher and/or as a part of a yoga tour. The beach is ok, but not perfect.
Staff is friendly. Meals are good.

Room Tip: Find out what kind of yoga retreats are scheduled before going. It takes about 1.30 or 2 h. to get...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
denver
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here for a week with a group for a yoga retreat. I cannot say enough about this place! After the long flights and crazy cab ride to get there, this place enveloped me in it's beauty and peacefulness. I am not a vegetarian so I was concerned about the meals however I found them to be absolutely filling and there was lots to chose from. Our rooms were simple but clean (my single complaint would be that the beds are very hard) and well ventilated with the ceiling fans. The staff are friendly and courteous as is the owner. The grounds were immaculately kept. The beach is amazing - I loved swimming in the waves and reading under the cabana's available for shade. Our yoga classes were held in a beautiful area which was mosquito netted/fans so it was comfortable and cool in the evenings. I had 2 spa treatments which were wonderful (maybe a little pricier than other local places but you are in a clean, beautiful setting with professionals). The pool was very refreshing after a salty and sandy day at the beach. The friends and I felt very safe here, with security at the entrances. All in all, I would highly recommend this place to anyone seeking a laid-back, yoga/beach vacation. I will be back! Namaste

Room Tip: We had the upper Lake House room - 3 beds and 2 bathrooms. Was very quiet, easily accessible (althou...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank inluvinborabora
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Very good instructors, fantastic place and surroundings, pure beauty. We took classes 2 hours every morning, more or less beginners. I long for coming back. I have nothing more to add to this review, which should include 200 letters.

Room Tip: We did not stay there, just took yoga classes.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank annamarie2014
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I stayed for a week here over Christmas. It was a little difficult to find, but that adds to its amazing feeling of calm and tranquility. You cannot see it from the beach so people don't just wander in. The staff were really friendly and helpful. Everybody smiles. We loved our accommodation in an Eco lodge in the palm grove. The gardens are really lovely with plenty of places to sit quietly or lie in a hammock or practice yoga! The classes were great. Teachers were different and we picked up different things from them all. They also accommodated everybody, though a complete beginner would struggle I think. Some of the classes were a bit full( you can drop in) and people did not seem to take up or did not know when there was an alternative class running. The evening activities were a bit lacking in organisation sometimes but were in any case an extra we had not expected. The food was absolutely fantastic. There were a variety of seating areas so different groups could sit together or you could join the party on the large communal table. I cannot imagine doing one of their detoxes because I could not bear to miss out on the feasting. I did have a great massage. We would both go again. We did drop in on New Year's Day before our flight home. It had been a busier week and seemed a bit less relaxed. I will check no groups or special retreats booked in before I book next time. But there will be a next time.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mesapolonica
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I went to Ashiyana the first time end of 2012 for a Yoga holiday and I enjoyed place, people, food & Yoga so much that I decided to come back for a teacher training a year later.

The place…
… really is a true sanctuary, no way not to relax here. Green wherever you look and loads of "chill-out" places. Sitting in the silence area just being on your own with your porridge, taking a swim under the gentle eyes of the Buddha, having dinner at the large table chatting to people from allover the world, taking a walk to the nearly empty beach with the dogs keeping you company… I really miss this a lot.

The food…
… is delicious, healthy and nourishing, I was happy to get loads of salad, which I would have expected having to skip in India. I really miss to start the day with delicious porridge, fruit salad and the view of paddy field & hills.

The staff…
… is very friendly and helpful, rooms are always maintained perfectly well.

The training…
… was an amazing experience, I have never encountered so much positive energy at any place or with any other people. I really felt like part of a little family, so lovingly taken care of by our teachers. It was a very good and balanced mix of practicing Yoga (Iyengar as well as Flow), learning to teach, Philosophy, Sanskrit and Anatomy lessons. Last but not least every day ended with a session of Bakhti, chanting Mantras and feeling the loving energy of the group. The structure was very good, lessons were always very interesting and the teachers are just perfect matches to the subjects they take care of. I learned so much in this one month, only negative thing was having to go back home to real life.

If you are looking for a place to truly relax, pamper yourself with daily Yoga and good food and meet nice people this is the place to go!

If you want to do a teacher training I can highly recommend to do it with Ashiyana. Though it is a lot of work I enjoyed every bit and this remains one of the best experiences I ever made!

2 Thank Julia L
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 19 December 2013

The yoga teacher training at Ashyiana is an amazing experience that cannot be expressed enough in words alone. From the minute you drive down the winding driveway to the beautiful location you know you are in a special place. the warm welcome from Chandra and staff, offering you tea and an introduction to the property. The eco- lodging was good, the rooms clean and the food was delicious. I miss the desserts (mango pie) and masala chai :). I went to India to study yoga and obtain my yoga teacher certificate. I gained so much more as the training was not just learning the asanas and surya namaskars from Akilesh or the Anatomy from inspiring Chloe. It was learning to believe in yourself and go within to find the teacher, your love of yoga and everything it is meant to be for you. Yamuna's Bhakti sessions are so beautiful just like her and I take those teachigs and all the others wih me everday in everything I do. Beautiful students, amazing teachers and serene surroundings made for a wonderful place to learn. This was a trip of a lifetime that I will cherish forever.

1 Thank Eileen E
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 16 December 2013

What can I share that fully represents the experience of a TTC at Ashiyana. Most importantly it is something that you have to experience yourself. I did the teacher training last October and I still feel its loving light radiating from inside of me. It is as if I’m walking around with an inner treasure, that only my teachers there and other beautiful yogi students I shared this with, know about. What Ashiyana offers is a wonderful base and growing experience where you can lift of as a new yoga teacher, being completely unique and asked to really live from within your heart to share your love of life and yoga. The place is beautiful with lots of quiet places where you can feel one with nature, a real sanctuary. I felt really safe and at home. It is like creating a yogi family there. There is a high quality of teaching and all teachers are such positive and open beautiful different unique beings. They all add on to the knowledge you need to elevate your yoga experience to a new level. Akhilesh as an asana and philosophy teacher gives you the fundamental grounds on which you can build your experience as a yoga teacher. His laughter and positivity is famous and contagious. His focus on alignment and strength building still helps me today. Yamuna with her divine feminine (acro) flow fills you with love and light. She is such an inspiration and she does not only teach you about Bhakti but in fact is Bhakti Yoga. Chloe, our soft spoken beautiful always being positive anatomy teaching yoga bum. Her love for yoga, anatomy and beach fun has helped me through lots of difficult anatomy classes.
Chandra and all others make everyone feel so at home with a wonderful open presence. I treasure all of the experiences and people I met there! I went to Ashiyana without expectations, of course I did have the hope that it would be what I needed to learn and inspire me to share my light, but being open to all is I think the only option in that way you can experience and make that experience an unique way to grow. I wouldn’t have wanted to do my training anywhere else. Ashiyana was the perfect place for me! I had so much fun during all the hard work!
If anyone wants a loving life changing experience while learning to teach giving yoga Ashiyana is the place to be. Oh and as mentioned many times by others, the food is so good!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Eco Lodge near the reception place which was really good and central. Beach huts are...
3 Thank Yogalana S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mandrem
Jivana
#2 of 12 in Mandrem
Leela Cottages
Leela Cottages
#8 of 39 in Mandrem

Been to Ashiyana Yoga Resort Goa? Share your experiences!