“Super dog friendly with amazing food.”
Review of Board Inn

Board Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Lealholm
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

If your in the area you have to go here. The food was amazing we had beautiful steaks(£18 huge main meal)perfectly cooked, homemade chips, lovely fresh salad and vegetables. We also had hand dived scallops with bacon( main meal £18) fresh haddock with prawn butter(main meal £15). The desserts where just as good chocolate brownie with handmade ice cream. We took our dobie with us and we couldn't have been made more welcome. A really friendly pub in a beautiful setting make sure you have a look around the pretty village after dinner. I would advise booking to avoid disappointment as very popular. No phone service but free wifi.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Good menu with lots of variety and reasonable prices - though not cheap. We have a lovely starter of tomatoes and goats cheese. Main courses were very generous - a huge piece of gammon and enough delicious chips for 4 rather than 2! Food was definitely good - but perhaps a little too much. Friendly service. Good espresso afterwards.

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Over the past three years I have frequented this Pub and have never had a bad meal or pint. The food is generous, made to order from fresh quality ingredients with an emphasis on local produce. The local Highland Beef steak is superb. The Ales are always good, usually Black Sheep plus two guests. The atmosphere is good, quite a few locals frequent and the pub is very dog friendly.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The board inn is what a country pub should be. Warm, welcoming, great food and great beer.. Second time we have eaten here and high expectations were met. Possibly the biggest steak I have ever eaten. Food is locally sourced and cooked by a 'chef'. Nothing seemed to be too much trouble and slight variations on the menu to meet your taste were welcomed. Have tried to dine here on several occasions at last minute but it was full so book your table in advance. You won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

After a superb midweek lunch (reviewed 13/10/13) my wife and I decided to book the Board Inn for Sunday lunch and also invited my mother and father-in-law but what a disaster! After placing our orders we waited with great anticipation for our lunch to be served. Initially, we were served a huge bowl of what were supposed to be roast potatoes but unfortunately they were totally cremated and almost inedible - they were so hard that we had to leave them. The meat, lamb and beef, ordered by my wife, mother and father in law was so tough that they could not cut it. They requested steak knives however these made little difference and in the end at to admit defeat and leave it. My son and I ordered steak pie which was overcooked but reasonable. Our Yorkshire puddings seemed more like pancakes and were obviously warmed up from some hours before.The range, quality and quantity of vegetables served was poor - we did not have enough for a decent portion each. I felt very embarassed particularly after telling my in-laws what a great place it was. I wanted to express my disappointment to the landlady however she seemed pre-occupied with a group of her friends and in the end I chose not to create a scene especially in the company of my family. We will not be returning to the Board Inn again - we will continue to frequent the nearby Forge Inn at Aislaby and Jolly Sailors on the moors road where we know that quantity, quality and value for money is guaranteed.

2  Thank Alan T