As much as I'd to stay and explore another resort, I will definitely make it a point to come back to the Hilton Doubletree Resort. The customer service was spectacular. We were greeted with warmth and respect from the guards at the front gate, to the front desk personnel, our bellhop (Marco), the housekeepers, food service personnel, the guards on the beach and the pier. EVERYONE was great. I LOVED the food and the variety of the selection every single night. Even my Costa-Rican American boyfriend, who's an extremely picky eater, LOVED the food. We stayed in a garden view room in building one, which I was nervous about considering building 1 had rec'd multiple negative reviews on tripadvisor. Now I know not to rely on these "nit-pickers" as I had a wonderful experience in building one! We had a patio, that led you straight to the pool and was very near the buffet area (how convenient!). The resort itself was beautiful and very well maintained. I can't believe a resort as small as this one had THAT many swimming pools!
The landscaping, the views were beautiful (as shown on my pictures), although the beach was not swimming friendly. But WHO CARES?? You're in Costa Rica! I loved every minute of it.
The resort offered day and evening activities and entertainment. I LOVED the coral reef group and the comedian whom they call "Senor Noni". I will definitely be coming back!
Oh yeah, say hi to the little iguanas roaming around the resort. I'm afraid of reptiles, but they started to grow on me after a while.
This is a resort that mostly have Costa Rican patrons. I find that Americans and other international visitors frequent the northern pacific side of Costa Rica more. This place (Puntarenas) is where people from San Jose go for a getaway/vacation. You'll probably hear a lot of complaints from American and Canadian tourist complaining about the spanish speaking, and lack of American food. But they need to understand this fact as well. I, personally, wanted to be closer to Costa Rican culture, so I am very happy and content that i chose to stay here.
- Maxi Pali close by (costa rican walmart)
- One night it had rained very hard and the buffet dining area was flooded. I witnessed the staff (from waiters, to Matre D's, to managers) cleaning up, mopping the floors as best as they could as the dinner was to start in 30 minutes. Within 30 minutes the dining room was spic and span!
- Beautiful, simple gym! Three very updated treadmills, ellipticals and decent sized weights for a good vacation workout!
- AWESOME, AWESOME STAFF! The staff couldn't have been more polite and attentive. I am from New York City area, I'm very well traveled, and by far, i've received the best customer service here. From the moment I walked in, I've been greeted by smiles. They were spanish speaking, but well proficient in English as well. I spoke Spanish to pay my respect for the country and I've got to say, my Spanish has gotten better during my stay here.
- Again, AWESOME staff!! They remember things about you. One housekeeper who we had a small talk with asked us three days later, "Oh, how was Tortuga Island?" I felt appreciated that they actually remembered!
- Food?? AWESOMMMEEE. Tamales and empanadas every night? Yes, please! The food was generally costa rican/ central-american food. Very delicious and prepared with great care. The cooks/staff were more than happy to prepare the food to your liking.
- Liquour was not your typical, watered down club/all-inclusive liquor. They hook you up!
- Bar staff was extremely friendly and attentive, you need not wait for your drink, they come over and make your drink for you within moments.
- Towel animals every day!
CONS: If I had to nitpick here goes:
- there's really nothing within walking distance outside of the resort (although there is a Maxi Pali [a costa rican 'walmart'] which is about a 10 minute walk from the resort).
- it rained every day in the early evening (so make sure you're up and about as soon as the sun comes out!) Sometimes it rains for a few minutes, one night it rained all night. After all, this is Costa Rica.
- Beach is not the prettiest for swimming, but the resort swimming pools and excursions make up for it. (PRO: It's still pretty enough, I took lots of gorgeous pictures)
- I wish the Air Conditioner was stronger! We had it on full blast, and still needed the ceiling fan on. No biggie. We understood we were in a very humid climate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The closest all-inclusive resort to San Jose! Doubletree Resort by Hilton Costa Rica - Central Pacific is a modern, full-amenity, all-inclusive resort hotel. This beachfront Costa Rica Hilton hotel is perfectly situated on the Central Pacific region outside the port city of Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Located only 50 minutes West of Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) and the Costa Rican capital city of San Jose, and two hours south of Liberia International Airport (LIR). Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Snacks and drinks available all day long. Two a-la-carte restaurants open for dinner. All-day activities for adults, teenagers or children, nightly entertainment and lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Hotel El Roble
- Doubletree El Roble
- Doubletree Hotel By
- Hilton El Roble
- El Roble Hilton
- Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Province Of Puntarenas