“I was expecting something different from a Hilton location.”

Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in El Roble
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Costa Rica is a beautiful place, but the hotel lanscape surprised me. I have never seen black sand before my visit here. It is an interesting look. Different, but still beautiful. However the beach has trash everywhere and it is absolutely one of the dirtiest I've ever seen.

The common areas of the resort are well kept, covered with tile, brick and artificial grass, probably to handle the wear and tear from so many children running about :) as this is a family resort. Hearing the little ones play and laugh made sitting outside enjoyable. The staff is friendly, and with the exception of the the seafood restaurant, the food is just ok.

Since this is supposed to be an all-inclusive resort, I'm not exactly thrilled about the fact that there is a charge to use wi-fi in my room, while the open areas of the resort are free. The tv signal was not great, and there were only two english channels available. HBO and the WB.

I will not be coming back to this resort, and I don't recommend it...unless you enjoy a lot of time in or near the pool.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank KatrenaNP
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Mrs. KPatterso:

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip.

I was thrilled to read from your review that you enjoyed our beaches and that our staff was friendly and attentive toward you; however reading some of your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. By the other hand I´d like you to know that our grass is not artificial, we have a full time Team dedicated to take care of our gardens.

Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.

We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Did not really enjoy the experience here, room were as nice, not well maintained and bad quality implements, the food service was good and the Staff was kind of rude, except for the one for Customer Service and the executive agent for the travel agency that I work for, she when out of her way to be always helpful. Pool and Bar were very nice. The fact that this hotel is a mayor beach destination for Costa Ricans, I will suggest avoiding staying here on the weekends… Too busy of a hotel!!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Erick R

Dear Erick R:

Thank you very much for your comments , it was a pleasure to have you here. Although we are very happy that you enjoyed or food selection, that you found our rooms to be nice and our staff was accommodating with you.

Your comments are always very helpful and valuable for us, you can be sure that we are always looking for ways to update our property to give the best quality of facilities and service as well, in order to achieve full guest satisfaction as our major goal, and we do appreciate your time to write this review to us.

Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. We value your business and will continue to work hard to exceed your expectations

Best Regards,

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This is a resort that badly needs to renovate its regular rooms to raise them to the standards expected by a Hilton hotel. Poor type of pillows with de luxe rooms that just meet Hilton standards. Excellent food, location and amenities. Clean resort with very good service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
3  Thank Washington M

Dear Washington M:

We are so happy to read that you truly enjoyed our food selection, location and that you have found our staff to be helpful.

Your feedback is really important for us and you can be sure that our mission is to offer the highest quality of service and convenience to all our guests during each visit. We deeply regret that we did not meet your expectations, I have shared your comments with my team in order to improve those areas you mentioned.

I would like to thank you for sharing your comments with us and with the Trip Advisor Comunity,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Great place to stay and relax, the beach was not as beautiful as I could imagine but the hotel facilities are great, its all inclusive and the town is close by to get some souvenirs and walk around the coast, the people nice and friendly, maybe the beach looks better in spring or summer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Javier D
DoubletreePuntarenas, General Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2013

Dear Javier:

Greetings from the Doubletree Resort by Hilton Central Pacific Costa Rica.

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor such a wonderful review regarding your impressions of your stay with us.

We would also want to thank you for your nice words regarding our facilities and location for doing some activities as walk around the coast, which make your stay an unforgettable experience.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future in order to ensure you another memorable stay between us.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Overall the hotel was adequate. You are in CR so don't expect the hotel to be in the same class as a DoubleTree you might be familiar with in the US. I arrived late so I did not have a long wait for check in as some others have mentioned. The front desk workers were always friendly, even if they did not understand me. I had to laugh since I read in another review that the hotel employees and front desk workers looked clueless when asked a question... It was probably because they did not understand you. Do brush up on your Spanish speaking skills prior to your visit and you might receive better service! The one well-spoken employee, Adolfo, was working at the tour desk so he might not have even been a hotel employee. We actually learned more about the hotel and area from him than any other person at the hotel. I'm glad I was not asked to sit in on a timeshare presentation or I would have had to laugh in their face...I don't know why anyone would want to buy a timeshare here!

I was escorted to my "upgraded" room since I am a Hilton Diamond Member and I had a bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for me in my room. This was a nice touch! The room was very sparse and I am not sure what the upgrade is - could be possibly since I had a balcony. The rooms were very noisy from outside people walking by and from the room overhead. Don't expect any luxurious furniture. The room was mostly clean. I did notice in the bathroom that it looked like blood on the baseboard tile opposite the toilet. The clothe line across the shower did not retract so watch out if you are tall!

The beverage selection was great when you could get to the bar. The pool next to our building 3 was supposed to be the "adult" pool. However there were quite a few children in this pool A child, or two, was also always taking up a seat at the swim up bar so my friends and I could not enjoy this amenity. They were also working on plumbing near this pool bar and would start working before 8am in the morning which was not conducive to sleeping in late or relaxing by the pool.

Food and drinks were all inclusive so I hate to complain. The food was very bland and the bacon was undercooked. The restaurant out by the beach was closed for remodeling so this was disappointing. I did eat two nights in the "special" restaurant which was a step up from the regular café food selection.

I can not speak to the nightly entertainment but others seemed to enjoy it. The one night I stopped by it was Costa Rican Idol but since it was in Spanish it did not make much sense to me.

The hotel seemed to have a very nice children's program so this would be a good choice for families. The hotel is not really close to any other things to do and I would not recommend swimming in the bay at the hotel. The sand is dark volcanic sand and rocky. Security did not recommend guests traveling too far down the beach out of sight of the security guard since he could not guarantee your safety from robbers out on the beach. You will definitely need to rent a car or take tours in order to get around and see other places while in CR.

The hotel was not bad but I would not stay there again unless it was my only choice available or if it was free.

Room Tip: Building 3 is supposed to be the best "upgraded" building, but not sure what the upgrades...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Mel A

Dear Mel A:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. As a Hilton HHonors Member we sincerely appreciate your business.

Our main priority is for our guests to feel welcome and have comfortable stay. I do however understand from your review that you were not completely satisfied with our property and I sincerely apologize if we fell short of your expectations. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize if we feel below your expectations.

Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

Again I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I do hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Not too many changes came with the new brand .
Bigger restaurant, just more of the same.
Evening shows so much better than the past.
Very warm welcome at front desk, not the same with the rest of the staff in the differet areas
,not bad, but just poor ,specially near swimming pool áreas or at the show "rancho" bar.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank depasar
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear depasar:

Thank you for feedback and I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our shows and the attentive service from the front desk staff, as well. I do appreciate all comments because those are extremely useful when it comes to evaluate the quality of product and the levels of service we provide from all the different perspective of our Guest.

We regret to know that you did not thoroughly enjoy our resort. I will share all your comments with each department head. For us, the opinion of our guests is always a challenge in order to keep up with all the different expectations from each Guest.

I value your patronage and I appreciate the time you took to share your comments and experience. We will continue striving to make each guest experience, a special one.

Regards,

Gerente General

Reviewed 6 October 2013

No towels, No hot water, A/C didn't work, power went off for 3 hours. Workers making noises next to the window of our room at 6am on a Saturday and a Sunday. After complaining and talking to the Manager on duty, it got worst, he just said he couldn't do anything and we just more than $500 to stay here, he didn't even care about the situation. (No customer service and a total disrespectful attitude towards the guest,) It is really sad to come to a place like this with your family and find the service and treatment we received in this Hotel. This is totally unacceptable and disrespectful to guests like us. And additional to everything I just said, the food is not even acceptable, is really bad, as everything in this hotel, I will never come back and will make sure to spread the word as much as I can about this experience.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ROBERTO D
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear ROBERTO D:

I deeply regret that your experience at our resort was disappointing. Your feedback is truly appreciated for it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our product and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

I would very much like the opportunity to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you.

I would like to have the opportunity to earn your business and have you stay with us again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Roble
#6 of 21 in Punta Arenas
Alamar Aparthotel
Alamar Aparthotel
#10 of 21 in Punta Arenas

Been to Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica? Share your experiences!