“Excellent destination”

Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in El Roble
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Since I got to the reception and up to my departure date, I personally recommend it! The food is incredible and the quiteness and calmness is amazing! Also the sea dock is an excellent place to be with your love one, chilling and relaxing.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
2  Thank Fernando R
DoubletreePuntarenas, General Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Dear Fernando

Thank you very much for sharing with us and the Trip Advisor community your experience at our Resort.

It is our pleasure to know that we have met your expectations during your stay and that you enjoyed our food selection, the quietness and service from our staff. I am also glad to know that you liked the romantic ambience that our pier offers.

Thank you for recommending us, we hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

When we first arrived at the hotel we were quite impressed, the outside pool and bar areas which led straight on to the beach were beautiful and we thought we were in for a wonderful holiday. Unfortunately things went downhill from there. The room we had was in block 1 on the second floor, it was large enough and appeared very clean, unfortunately when we came to use the shower we found we had no hot water and the toilet seemed to be permanently flushing, when we went to reception the queues were so long we decided to leave it till the next morning to see if the position improved - it didn't. We reported the lack of hot water at 8 am the following morning and again at 1pm as nothing appeared to have been done. At 4pm we went to the customer services desk and reported it again. This produced a maintainance man who managed to get hot water through the taps and advised it was something to do with the water pipes and air con pipes being side by side!
The following morning there was no hot water again but foolishly we decided to leave it until later in the day to see if it rectified itself, it didn't. I then phone the Customer Care Line to ask for a room where we could shower as I didn't really want to move rooms. She sent the same maintenance man who wasn't able to fix it this time, and we were offered a room across the corridor, this room is slightly smaller and doesn't have the beach view we had before, so obviously not an upgrade !
As I am typing this the corridor outside is full of screaming school children who appear to be allowed to roam around the hotel without any supervision.
The food is adequate at best, with food at lunch time being better than that in the evenings. The Costa Rican speciality restaurant is ok but appeared to have the same menu on the two nights we were there.
All in all a disappointing hotel which promised so much, I can't see myself coming back although I would come back to Costa Rica.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank lindalI8890NE

Dear Linda L:

The opinion of each of our guests is the engine that drives us to continue with improvement process. I was glad to read from your review that you enjoyed our pool areas and bars.

By this time of the year many families, including children visit us to celebrate the end of the school year. All our guests are valuable for us, I am so sorry if you found some children disruptive. I truly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our security team regarding your comments.

We appreciate your feedback, our mission is to offer the highest quality of service and convenience to all our guests during each visit. I apologize for any inconveniences you went through with the hot water situation and I have shared this information with our Maintenance department to take corrective actions.

Once again, we thank you for expressing your opinion and let us being part of your vacation.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

On my way back to Tamarindo coming from San Jose I stopped for
A night at the Hilton the bedroom and bedding were ok in the new hale of the hotel
Mostly Nationals come there
The beach is Ugly the food ok
The funny thing at the buffet I saw a Chinese Tico eating a steak without
A fork and knife
Gross ...

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jcbga

Dear Jcbga:

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I was glad to read from your review that you found our rooms to be comfortable and that you found our food selection to be good.

Our dark brown volcanic sand beach is a typical characteristic of our central pacific coast, and part of the tropical attractions of Costa Rica.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in Costa Rica.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We went to Costa Rica for a 5 night stay over the summer and wanted a choose a resort that was central to everything we had planned to do (Isla Tortuga, Carara National Park, Curu WIldlife Park, Jaco Beach, etc.). The first night we stayed we were not so sure about how everything was going to go. We had trouble with our car reservation at the airport and then arrived at the resort late. We were put in a decent room the first night that seemed very well. Throughout the night though, there were fireworks being set off at all hours right in front of our room on the beach. The following morning we went to take a shower to just find out that there was no hot water.

After getting ready and explaining this to the staff, a very friendly man gave us a complimentary upgraded room. We now were staying the rest of our trip in the newest wing of this resort on the 3rd floor with 2 beach-view balconies. I wish I could remember the name of the employee because he went out of his way to make sure we had been taken care of. We didn't spend much of our days at the resort because we were out exploring Costa Rica, but from the nights and morning we were there we had great experiences. The all-inclusive part of the resort was great. The wait staff had introduced us to the Micheladas (a common drink in Costa Rica) and once we had them we kept on ordering them. I definitely plan on making a trip back and would definitely stay in this resort again. Sorry to see some bad experiences that people have had, but we had what is expected in a Costa Rican get-a-way.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marty B
DoubletreePuntarenas, General Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Dear Marty B:

Thank you for your review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your time in Costa Rica and your stay with us.

It is a great pleasure to hear that you had a great time and enjoyed very much our accommodations as well as the service of our staff.

Your kind words truly encourage us, even more in order to continue working even harder to provide the most comfortable and wonderful experiences to all our guests.

We hope to welcome you back to Doubletree Resort by Hilton Central Pacific in the future!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We had to change room because the room was too smelly...mold, humid...etc...
After we slept like babies...

the buffet is descent but not great at all.. The beef serve was so hard that many customer left it. A decent cook would have never serve that, trust me on that!!! really impossible to chew!!! NOT A JOKE!!! Hope they will keep the ceviche recipe... was great!!!! the rest, buffet standard...

Breakfast has plenty of choices...can't complaint!

Room Tip: Skip the first floor since the have more humidity... {staff"s words...}
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lapequenia
DoubletreePuntarenas, General Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Lapequeni:

Thank you very much for having chosen us and for sharing your experience with all of us and with the Trip Advisor community.

We are so happy to know that you have plenty enjoy our food selection during your stay specially the ceviche. We are always listening to our guests and I will definitely keep in mind your comment about beef and room smell to improve the quality.

Again, I thank you for your review and we sincerely hope you give us an opportunity to stay with us next time you are in Costa Rica.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My experience was less than satisfactory with respect to the reception area staff. First, when I attempted to get an upgrade on my reservation, the computer system did not allow me to do it. I phoned the location in Costa Rica from Canada and got an incompetent on the phone who did not know what I was talking about. Her supervisor (someone who identified herself as "Tatiana" whose English was atrocious, her accent thick and incomprehensible, refused to speak Spanish so we could communicate, was rude, arrogant and unhelpful. I could not make the upgrade despite spending over 20 minutes on the phone on a long distance call. Other than that, I have no other complaints. The reservations desk area does need improvement. It is beyond me how staff such as "Tatiana" are hired and remain at work.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear Robert K:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a comment about your stay at our resort, and we are so happy that you have had a nice experience as you highlighted in the review´s rating.

We really appreciate feedback , even when it does not praise our product or service , as we understand it’s a valuable source of learning for enhancing our program of continuous improvement.

We focus our recruitment efforts on a select group of hard-working people , mostly from our community , showing commitment and professionalism in their service, hired through a rigorous selection process and trained initial and ongoing way to maximize their potential , and of course with a genuine attitude of kindness that occurs naturally in the interaction with our visitors. Our staff makes a great effort to communicate in foreign languages and this is an ongoing training priorities.

Once again, thank you for your comments which will allow us to provide a better experience to each of our guests, every day.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Service is ok. No one really speaks English, mostly a Tica/Family destination. The place is overrun with kids. Don't eat the seafood, I got food poisoning. Sleeping in is not an option, as the crew starts lawn care at 5 am. The walls and doors are also paper thin and you can hear everything. Drink lines are not cleaned. Doors slam shut. There is no place, locally, to which you can really go out and explore without hiring a guide. You're lucky if any of the toilets work.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ToriaMN
DoubletreePuntarenas, Director General at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear ToriaMN:

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve.

This is not typical of our hotel, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

We again apologize for the inconveniences that you endured, if there is anything we can do to correct this please let us know. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Best regards,

#2 of 3 in Punta Leona
Hotel Tioga
Hotel Tioga
#13 of 21 in Punta Arenas

Been to Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica? Share your experiences!