“Costa Rica amazing!”

Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in El Roble
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Had a great time and excellent stay at Doubletree Resort in Puntarenas! Excellent weather and great site seeing tours, made Costa Rica a great place to travel to. Enjoyed the scenery, food, room, service and the pools.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Marguerite B

Reviewed 1 August 2014

The experience is very good, not complaints about food and hotel benefits, but the activities for people which is hosted during weekdays decrease a little bit, so my feedback is not make differences and have a full activities itinerary for non weekend days.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I just came back from our stay that the DoubleTree in Puntarenas and our experience was amazing! The grounds are just beautiful, the pools, the food, the staff were all great. Especially the staff they are so kind and the nightly shows/entertainment were awesome.We stayed in building 1 and it was very clean. I can't understand why people give this place a bad review so I suggest people to come see it for yourself. My husband and I will definitely be back many many times :-)

Room Tip: The wifi is free when you are in the public areas of the hotel, but if you are a Hilton Honnors memb...
2  Thank Melissa L
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Now I will leave this disclaimer, I have stayed at various all inclusive resorts so this experience is based on past ones. The hotel is great, they have security at the gate and the entrance is huge and spectacular. Check in was a breeze and they handed us our rooms and wristbands without any hassles. Now being this is all inclusive you have to wear the wristbands at all times so they know you belong there and also helps tell the teens from the adults. The food was pretty good for a buffet, plus the menu changes nightly, and the latin a la carte restaurant they had was very good and filling. The beach is slightly rocky and given that its on the pacific I would not recommend swimming due to the fact the ocean shelfs and the waves are very strong, we also did not see anyone swimming. They offer beach kayaking and boogie boarding with your stay, but the surfing is done by an outside company. My only complaint with this place was the lack of an energetic atmosphere Ive been used too. The poolside entertainment is kinda just there and at night you have to search for the fun and its only like a small group of people dancing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ry5838
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I'm currently on my 3rd day of my 5 night stay and I must say how great my stay has been so far. I called ahead to inform staff about my concerns (reading other reviews) and they were very helpful and understanding. As an American, staying out the country can be terrifying being so far away from home. The food has been great, staff is friendly and helpful and we we're upgrade to a better room (HHoners Members) the next day with no problem once rooms were available. I plan on writing a full review once I leave, my email is t90@sbcglobal.net, if you have specific questions.

Room Tip: Enroll in Hilton Honors for free wifi, free upgrades etc
3  Thank CountryWife J
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was shocked to know that this was a Doubletree. This hotel is located in a bad area and the hotel warns you about it when you arrive. It would have been nice to know this before I booked a trip. The water that came out of the faucet was black. There was poop floating in the pool and they didn't inform guest to get out of the pool when they were told about it. Good luck eating in the specialty restaurants because they will either be closed or all booked up. Buffet is all you be able to eat. Don't expect much for customer service from the staff. The rooms are old and worn out. It's very obvious that this is an old hotel that is headed down the toilet. The beach is horrific and be prepared to be approached by locals that might rob you. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms were not nice. They have no concern for guest and begin working very early with motorized...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Aquidneck8585
DoubletreePuntarenas, General Manager at Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2014

Dear Aquidneck8585:

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback and please accept our sincere apology for all the inconvenience you experienced.

We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve.

We assure you that if you give us another opportunity, you won't be disappointed in the future.

Ricardo Rodríguez Gil

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here with my husband and a group of friends. The staff was great and very helpful. They always went the extra mile to help. The food and drinks were wonderful. Recommend you try the cocktail called "Chiquita banana". The place needs a little up keeping though, softer beds maybe and replacement of floor tiles in the rooms. There could also be a stronger cooling system in the dining rooms...it gets a little hot while eating, to the point where you are literally sweating. Otherwise, everything was good.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
#6 of 21 in Punta Arenas
Alamar Aparthotel
Alamar Aparthotel
#10 of 21 in Punta Arenas

Been to Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica

Address: El Roble 171-400 Puntarenas, El Roble, Punta Arenas 5400, Costa Rica (Formerly Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Costa Rica - Puntarenas)
Region: Costa Rica > Province of Puntarenas > Punta Arenas > El Roble
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in El Roble
Price Range: £140 - £264 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica 3.5*
The closest all-inclusive resort to San Jose! Doubletree Resort by Hilton Costa Rica - Central Pacific is a modern, full-amenity, all-inclusive resort hotel. This beachfront Costa Rica Hilton hotel is perfectly situated on the Central Pacific region outside the port city of Puntarenas, Costa Rica. Located only 50 minutes West of Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO) and the Costa Rican capital city of San Jose, and two hours south of Liberia International Airport (LIR). Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner served daily. Snacks and drinks available all day long. Two a-la-carte restaurants open for dinner. All-day activities for adults, teenagers or children, nightly entertainment and lounge. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Doubletree Resort by Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Hotel El Roble
Doubletree El Roble
Doubletree Hotel By
Hilton El Roble
El Roble Hilton
Doubletree Resort By Hilton, Central Pacific - Costa Rica Province Of Puntarenas