“Still high quality”

Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Doune
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Scottish, Contemporary, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Taste of Scotland awarded cafe boasting a varied menu of freshly prepared, local produce. Breakfast, lunch, Award winning home baking & Italian coffee. Fantastic Gluten free choices. Situated next to The Scottish Antique Centre and with an alfresco dinning area, it's a great venue rain or shine. Dog friendly too.
Reviewed 6 September 2018

We took my 80yr old father in law for lunch as we have been here many times before. Up to the high standard previously set. Food and staff excellent.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Good food. Friendly and efficient service. OK size menu. Some outdoor seating. Salad with honey mustard was yummy.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

My family and I decided to go back to Cafe Circa as they have a wonderful menu, especially the separate Gluten Free menu. We were celebrating my birthday and my mum. I had the GF Haddock and Chips which was delicious, my mum had the chowder and my dad had the Haddock and Chips.

For pudding I had the Gf Sticky Toffee pudding with icecream and butterscoth sauce which I have had before and can honestly say that it is the best GF sticky toffee pudding that I have ever had.

My parents had the pudding of the day which was a cheescake and they told me that it was very delicious and that they would recommend it.

The staff were all wonderful as usual and we will definitely be going back again.

I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone that is in Scotland or those who are on holiday to visit here for delicious food.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

The restaurant is part of the antiques centre complex, but has its own building, a pleasant space. It was busy when we visited, but very well organised, and we were served promptly. Staff were cheerful and accommodating, happy to remember slight variations we requested.
The menu has a good choice of hot and cold lunches, including a few daily 'specials'. We felt that the pricing was a bit ambitious - but our when our dishes arrived we all agreed that portions were very generous. My chicken, bacon and avocado open sandwich must have had a whole chicken breast in total, and the accompanying salad was crisp and fresh, with more variety than the usual side salad.
Very much better than most antiques centre cafés, and recommended as a lunch venue even if you aren't intending to browse

1  Thank G_M_NGlasgow
Reviewed 9 August 2018

Really surprised at the quality of the food, presentation and choice! A little gem. Even better after having a terrific find in the antique centre!! Will definitely go back, even if just for food!

1  Thank Tazgraz