“Nice place!”
Review of Gasthof Traube

Gasthof Traube
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sigmaringen
Gasthof Traube
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sigmaringen
Yamhill County Oregon
“Nice place!”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

This hotel was just fine! I see some very negative reviews and I'm not sure why. My husband and I stayed here 2 nights in late April 2013. My husband's cousin and his wife were with us as well. Both rooms were very nice and comfortable - quite roomy, and very clean. Our room faced the courtyard and was very quiet. Cousin's room faced the street, and on Saturday night they had some noise from partying youth outside, but not intolerable. I see some reviews are concerned about parking, and I can't address that because we came on the train. The hotel was a convenient walk from the train station. We also had bikes, and the hotel was very accommodating in having a room to keep the bikes in. Some reviews are also complaining because they did not accept credit cards. We were told when we made the reservation that we would have to pay in cash, and we found that was not unusual in Germany for small hotels and bed and breakfasts, so were not surprised or upset. Breakfast was good! We ate dinner there one night and it was also good. This hotel is very conveniently located - right by the castle, and many shops and restaurants close by. We enjoyed our stay here, and would return if we ever go back to Sigmaringen.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I came here during my bike-trip through Germany. The hotel was mentioned in my guide as being a bikers-friendly one. And that was certainly true. They had a special room where everyone could safely stall their bikes. I also met other bikers and had a good time with them. My room was tiny but perfect for one night with a very comfortable bed, a good shower,
and a huge mirror. Only disadvantage was that the person before me had smoked in the room, even though it's forbidden. I would have appreciated if the staff would have offered me some discount, a coffee, or whatever for that, just to show a good service.

Room Tip: If you're alone, take the cheapest room on the list, it's good value.