The Copper House - Portreath
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Portreath
See available hotels
Tyacks Hotel(Camborne)
  • Restaurant
Lowenac Hotel(Camborne)
Trenerry Farm(Mingoose)
View Hotel
St. Agnes Hotel(St Agnes)
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate terraceb bwooded valleydeep bathfluffy robesbiscuitshome made cakesmarmaladefreshly laid eggsfresh homemadeon arrivalwalking the sw coast pathsmaller roomluxurious stayweather permittingcomfiest bedbed and breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 October 2012

My husband and I decided on a night away and wanted a touch of luxury ... this is exactly what we got at the Copper House. The house is set in the most of beautiful of locations, with this new build property blending effortlessly with the surroundings. We were in room 1, which is just amazing! This is not like any other b&b I have ever seen, it is more like a boutique hotel ... every detail is perfect from the stylish decor, the little extras, fluffy towels, proper coffee, luxurious bed ... I just can not praise this place enough!

Linda and Andy are excellent hosts, absolutely attentive whilst not in the slightest in your face.

The breakfast, served in your room ... what a fabulous idea .... is mouth watering, we are both real foodies, and this delivered!

The room was exceptionally clean, i mean there was not a spec of dust to be seen!

Truely a different kind of bed and breakfast entirley, if you are staying in Cornwall stay here ... you will love it!

Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Both rooms are really stylish ... but the bed in room 1 is worth the journey alone!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Linda G, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Hello there,
Thank you so much for loving the house and Room 1. I am so pleased you didn't think us run of the mill and that you appreciated all the little things we provide that we think makes for a great stay rather than just a pleasant stay. I knew you were 'foodies' and I was nervous about whether my breakfasts would come up to scratch so I am very happy you like them

Reviewed 1 October 2012

A snap decision to visit Cornwall resulted in the inevitable 'OK, where do we stay' problem. We are picky. We like our money to go to local businesses. We like small especially quiet places. So we stumbled upon the Copper House in Portreath. We all know the tired British B&B experience forget it this place is the complete antitheses. After a 4hr drive we were warmly greeted by the owners Linda & Andy who took our bags to our room (no1), plied us with coffee and home made cake and left us to sink into the luxury of our space. Our room was spacious, fresh, quirky modern, with a great bed, en suite bathroom and meticulously clean. We had an excellent terrace with soothing views which sadly due to the rainy british summer prevented its full use. The location is very quite and is a perfect base to relax and explore the area. Talking with the owners we learned that this was a personal project to build from scratch a new home sympathetic to its location with a quality B&B 2 room service, using environmentally friendly technologies, products and B&B routines. And that they built it all themselves! This is a great place to stay and we look forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: Room 1 is the larger of the two rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Linda G, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

What a great review! Yes, we did build it all ourselves and it took over 5 years of extremely hard work. It all seems worthwhile now when people, like yourselves, comment on it and like the design and appreciate the concept behind it. Even better, you say you would come back and that is a great compliment, thank you. We would love to see you again. This is a work in progress as you know, and hopefully on further visits you will see the woodland garden taking shape which I hope our guests will be able to enjoy in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

We stayed at The Copper House during the August bank holiday weekend and even though it rained the entire weekend, Linda and Andy went the whole way to ensuring that we had an excellent stay. The standard of the rooms is brilliant, with all mod cons and personal touches such as treats in the fridge, proper coffee and tea and a cookie jar! The breakfasts were lovely and service was fantastic. We also particularly liked the fantastic selection of LoveFilms downloadable through the TV. Unfortunately, we did not get the use the attractive outside balcony because of the weather, but we will make sure we do (weather permitting) next time we visit!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so happy that you found the room to be to your taste and the service good. I love doing what I'm doing and it is because of the lovely people I get to meet and their enthusiasm and kind remarks for what we are doing. How many other jobs get this kind of feedback?! I really appreciate that you took the time and trouble to write your review and thank you so much for all your very positive remarks. I do hope we see you again soon

Reviewed 10 September 2012

It was just what I needed for my second week in Portreath in August leading up to a family wedding on the Bank Holiday Monday.

The location, welcome and accommodation were all excellent. Linda and Andy could not have been more friendly and helpful. Those breakfasts served in my room gave a real touch of luxury and prepared me for the day when I would meet up with some of the family for some jobs in preparation for the wedding, sight seeing or relaxing on the beach.

The beautiful view from the bedroom and the accessibility to the terrace added to the appeal of the room for me. That shower room....mmm what more could anyone want!
Everything was A1 standard. I'm sure that many people, myself included, will put Copper House on their list for a return visit!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

I am so pleased you had a good week here Pat. You were a lovely guest and it was a pleasure to have you here. Better still, you say you would return and that is the greatest compliment you could give. The views from the terrace are just as beautiful now with the woodland showing its autumn colours.I hope the wedding went well and we would love to see you again. Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Ed Bassett's review says it all!

My daughter and I also went to walk The South West coast path and chose the Copper House because it looked to be exactly the little piece of tranquility and luxury we were searching for. We hit gold, not copper: this is one of the best B&B's we've stayed in.

Beautiful, spacious and with a feeling of being many miles from the stresses of everyday life, the Copper House is a real find. Linda and Andy couldn't do enough to make us feel welcomed and relaxed. Nothing was too much trouble, including the gluten-free bread and treats for my daughter.

Neither of us wanted to leave, which is probably the best recommendation we can give. We will definitely be back next year. Oh, that Copper House special breakfast? ..... delicious!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Linda G, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

What a fantastic review - thank you so much. It was absolutely delightful to have you stay and I want to use your 'gold not copper' as a slogan of some kind. How clever of you! I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you felt relaxed and tranquil here. That is exactly what we want our guests to feel. I would love to see you both again and look forward to it very much. It was an absolute pleasure to meet both of you.