The Copper House - Portreath
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Portreath
See available hotels
Tyacks Hotel(Camborne)
  • Restaurant
Lowenac Hotel(Camborne)
Trenerry Farm(Mingoose)
Great 4.5/5
St. Agnes Hotel(St Agnes)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsprivate terraceb bwooded valleydeep bathfluffy robesbiscuitshome made cakesmarmaladefreshly laid eggsfresh homemadeon arrivalwalking the sw coast pathsmaller roomluxurious stayweather permittingcomfiest bedbed and breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This is one of the best, if not the best, B and B we have ever had the pleasure to visit. The room was refreshingly modern, spacious and tastefully decorated. We had our own balcony terrace overlooking a gorgeous valley. The attention to detail, from the delicious and beautifully presented breakfasts to the comfortable king size bed, to the luxurious shower was remarkable. Linda and Andy have thought of everything and ensured that we were comfortable. We have friends in Portreath and so we plan on staying here every time we visit. That little bit extra is the secret to this superb hideaway. Linda and Andy take perfect, unobtrusive service to a new level.

Room Tip: We had friends staying in the other room and it was every bit as nice. You really can't go wrong here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dodgebrothers
Laughter L, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind words. I am always so pleased when a guest notices the details and appreciates them. We have put a lot of thought into the beds and linens and bathrooms as they are so important. I think too, that breakfast in your room at the time you choose is an added component that gives just that little bit extra luxury. We want our guests to depart feeling a little more relaxed then when they came. Perfect, unobtrusive service is a marvellous compliment and that is what we are constantly striving for. My relief when we get it right is enormous. We would love to see you again and knowing you want to return is praise enough for anyone. Many thanks

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Spent the last night of our coastal path walk here with another couple. Just the place to rest tired legs and blistered feet. The rooms were superb, very modern, large and the beds very comfortable. Fresh milk and chocs were in the fridge. The breakfast was very good and brought to the room or balcony. The poached egg from the house chickens, on a bed of rocket on home baked bread with a sprinkling of ground chilli was delicious and my friend rated his full cornish (8 items) as the best of the week. Walked the breakfast off by taking a circular stroll up through Illogan woods and back to Portreath.

Room Tip: No 1 is the biggest room with a great bath/shower arrangement
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Hi there,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. You and your friends stayed the one night and it is often difficult to get an idea of a place in such a short period of time. I am very pleased then that you enjoyed your stay and felt the rooms were spacious and comfortable and provided all that you needed. Thank you too for your compliments on the breakfasts. It is hard to go wrong with a breakfast if you have excellent ingredients, a wonderful terrace, to eat said breakfast on, and the weather to enjoy it. You were lovely guests and I hope to see you another time.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I chose The Copper House for the weekend of my wedding as a place to relax and prepare with my bridesmaid for the big day. It was the best decision ever! We were greeted with the warmest of welcomes and a freshly baked cream tea which was superb! Linda and Andy were amazing hosts and made sure that we had everything we needed. She even made sure all our wedding flowers were kept cool and watered.

I don't really know where to start as there was so much brilliance about this place. The bed was giant and the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, the bedding was fabulous and the room stated cool even though it was the hottest weekend of the year. The place has a natural calmness and the decor is really cool :) It was wonderful to sit out on the terrace and see the chickens and the beautiful gardens.

The breakfast was mind blowing - you have to try the Copper House special! Cooked to perfection - it would not have been out of place in a top London restaurant. I felt like royalty :)

The service was immaculate and when my new husband and I returned on our wedding night Linda had left a card and a bottle of bubbly for us. So many thoughtful touches. She was a massive support with my pre wedding nerves too!! I hope we can return on our anniversaries :) The attention to detail was wonderful - from the chilled water and chocolates in the fridge to the range of tea and coffee and scrumptious biscuits on the room, the room was spotlessly clean and the shower was totally awesome.

Thank you both so much - I would definitely recommened this to any bride to be as a perfect place to pamper and relax. You cannot forget such a wonderful experience.

Thank you so, so much.

Mr and Mrs Latham xx

Room Tip: Room 1 is the bomb!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Laughter L, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Hi Emma & Chris,
Thank you so much for your lovely review and it was an absolute pleasure to have you, your bridesmaid and eventually, your new husband stay here. You gave me a very exciting day and I really enjoyed it. I just loved seeing you all off in that pretty VW van. The whole street was out waving you off!
I'm very pleased you loved the house and the decor and especially the terraces. What amazing weather you were lucky enough to have here. Also, I am so chuffed you thought the breakfasts were up to hotel standards. I think it is very important to pay attention to the details, because that is what makes a guests stay more comfortable.
I would love to see you both again one day - on your anniversary or any other time. You would be most welcome.
I wish you both a wonderful and fulfilling life together.

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The Copper House B & B is a find in a million!! It combines style, comfort and good old fashioned surpurb service in the most peaceful, beautiful and serene surroundings in the countryside setting on the side of a valley in Portreath. Linda's breakfasts....personally served in your room or on your own private terrace, are likely to become legendary! (try the poached egg with chilli oil...sublime!!) Built personally by the owner's over a period of 5 years, the house is a stunner! It offers 2 x B&B letting rooms and is fabulous value for money. Stunning scenery, amazing coastline and lots of places to visit - a fantastic base for a multitude of activities.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Imogen K
Laughter L, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

Dear Imogen,
Thank you so much for saying The Copper House is a find in a million and that you enjoyed my breakfasts. The Copper House is in a perfect location as a base for visiting all the amazing places in Cornwall. St. Ives, Falmouth, Truro, Penzance etc are all close by and most attractions such as Lands End, The Minack Theatre and The Eden project are easily reachable. If you want lovely beaches, there are many to choose from with Portreath having a very family friendly beach but with good surfing and the wonderful beach of Godrevy only a few miles away. We don't have a sea view from our windows, although it is just minutes away, but you are right, the view of the valley is stunning and we are very lucky to have such a sylvan aspect backing on to the ancient woods of Illogan. Many, many thanks for your review and I do hope we see you both again.
Linda

Reviewed 3 July 2013

Spent a weekend at Copper House and across the board it was great. I was lucky to get in due to a cancellation at the last minute. Linda and Andy were super friendly and accommodating especially with my likely late evening arrival having driven out on a Friday afternoon.

The accommodations are first rate. I stayed in the larger of the 2 rooms, and it is indeed huge and well furnished with a nice veranda outside. Everything is modern, comfortable, and convenient. This is not your typical cramped English B&B accommodation! The location is at the end of a quiet lane, about a 10-15 min walk to the beach, pubs, etc. in the village. It is convenient to the coast path and the mining trails as well. I basically parked my car and left it there until I departed.

The breakfast is served in your room, which worked out fine as there was both a table inside and one on the veranda outside. Sitting outside with the fragrance of all the flowers enjoying an excellent breakfast is definitely the way to start the day. The food was great, very well prepared and excellent quality. Give the house special a try, poached egg on toast with rocket and chili oil.

If I were pressed to find an imperfection, the best I could come up with would be a very minor comment on the parking, which is a bit of a challenge but that's Cornwall for you. It is the trade-off for the quiet, secluded location. It took me some maneuvering to get it right as both the lane and parking space are a tad unforgiving. Cellular service is a bit spotty in Portreath, something to keep in mind if you need to call for directions. Copper House is at the end of the Lane, a very sharp left onto Primrose Terrace if satnav takes you up from School House Rd.

I am already looking for a good excuse to go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Hi there,
I was very glad we could accommodate you that weekend and glad that you enjoyed it enough to write a review. Many thanks. As you discovered, we are perfectly placed for some lovely walks and also some fabulous bike rides. I'm glad the weather was fine enough to have breakfast outside and at the moment, it is wonderful in the evenings as well. Thank you too for your kind words about my breakfasts. Very fresh, good quality local ingredients are plentiful in Cornwall and my guests appreciate that.
I do hope we see you again in the future.
Linda