“The Copper House - Portreath”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Portreath
The Copper House - Portreath
Ranked #1 of 5 Portreath B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Penarth, United Kingdom
“The Copper House - Portreath”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

The Copper House will make a perfect stay if any of the following apply:

- You appreciate good design in a 'Grand Designs' sort of way
- You feel you can relax in a spacious and comfortable environment with great views
- You are touring the beautiful but rugged north Cornwall coast line
- You need a great night's sleep in a big big bed
- You want a gourmet breakfast served to your room or balcony (depending on the weather)

One star is lost because Portreath isn't the best village in Cornwall but if you have a car and are happy to drive around then I can thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Paul W
Laughter L, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Hi Paul,
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you appreciated the 6 foot bed and our breakfasts. We are lucky that both our rooms have wonderful views and the terraces are there so our guests can enjoy them in the day and at night. Looking out at the stars at night is wonderful with no distracting street lights. So many of our guests have spotted shooting stars and they can't believe how quiet it is here too. It is a shame the weather wasn't good enough for you to have breakfast on the terrace but perhaps another time?
Kind regards
Linda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Wow, what a lovely place! Incredibly clean, very comfortable bed, beautiful deck overlooking a large well maintained garden and delicious home cooked breakfast brought to our room at whatever time we wanted.
All the food was home made, even the butter!
Ive stayed at a lot of hotels and b&bs but the hosipitality we recieved here was by far the best! First class!
We would definitely stay here again when visiting cornwall. Perfect location for exploring!
Thank you!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Johara1
Hi there,
Many thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I really appreciate all your very flattering comments. I love being able to inform my guests where the produce for their breakfast comes from and if I don't make it myself, then I source it locally from farmers shops. To say we were first class is praise enough but the ultimate praise is to say you would return. Please do and we look forward to it.
Kind regards,
Linda
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2013

This is a B&B with a difference - a stunning new build home, all mod cons, terrace overlooking the garden and splendid breakfasts served in your room or on the terrace. These included home made croissants/bread/marmalade/butter and eggs straight from the hens in the garden. Linda and Andy were most welcoming, couldn't do enough for us, and this included turning the car round in the somewhat tight driveway. So if you are going to Portreath, this is a must.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank waihi79
Laughter L, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Hi there,
Thank you so much for your review and apologies for the late response. I am so pleased you enjoyed our breakfasts and our house. We always offer to turn cars around for our guests as it can be tedious to to have to do it every morning. Andy loves having a 'go' in different cars and he knows the space so well, it is no bother for him. I hope you both felt rested and relaxed from your stay here and we enjoyed having you very much. We hope to see you again in the future.
London, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

We stayed here for two nights recently to attend a friend's Wedding nearby and were incredibly happy with our choice.
Linda was an absolute delight, incredibly warm and welcoming. Our room was gorgeous - large, bright and beautifully decorated, with a sun trap terrace overlooking the stunning garden.
Breakfasts were delicious and served in our room and nothing was too much trouble for Linda or Andy. Thank you for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Laughter L, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this review, 30 August 2013
Hi Esther,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a lovely review. We really appreciate it. It's always lovely when someone says they felt at home at The Copper House. Our ethos is that for the time you are here, it is your home but with an added extra - you are cossetted and looked after and hopefully, leave here feeling a little more relaxed and rested than you felt on your arrival. Thank you for compliments on breakfast and it was a pleasure to have you here. I hope we see you again.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

We were given a warm welcome when we arrived at the Copper House after a tiring day on a coastal walk. Linda and Andy made us feel at home from the very start and brought us much needed homemade scones and cream tea on the balcony overlooking their beautiful garden. The accommodation is of a very high standard with nice individual touches throughout. The bed was very comfortable, and it was lovely to have a soak in the wide bath. The breakfast was one of the best we have had. It arrived on time and was beautifully presented. The homemade sausages and marmalade were delicious, with fresh eggs from the hens.Linda and Andy are excellent hosts and I would thoroughly recommend a stay at the Copper House.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Hi there Debra. Thank you so much for writing a review and I really appreciate all your kind words. I am pleased you felt at home and enjoyed the room and facilities. I think our extra deep bath is always especially appreciated by our walkers. It is lovely to relax in after a day of hard exertion. Thank you too for saying our breakfast was one of the best you have had. I am so pleased you should think so and we are very lucky to have such good produce locally. I do try to source everything locally that I can't make myself. The bread, butter, jams, yogurt and marmalade are all home made and something I enjoy making - they also taste so much better as I think my guests agree. I am so glad you would recommend us to others because that, in the end, is what counts. I do hope we see you again at The Copper House and you would be most welcome.
Praze an Beeble, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Myself and my brand new husband were lucky enough to stay in suite 1 for our wedding night. Right from the beginnning of my email enquiries it was clear that Linda was a warm and friendly woman who was so kind and keen to give us the perfect stay. She even stayed up until after midnight for our arrival. When we walked into our room we were stunned at how fabulous it looked, even better than the photos we had seen online. The decor was fabulous, the view from the terrace was outstanding and the bed was incredibly comfortable. We even had a bottle of bubbly, champagne truffles and a wedding card on our table left for us. The breakfast was out of this world. Linda's homemade croissants are to die for, deliciously light and melt in the mouth. So many beautiful homemade ingredients including apricot marmalade with vanilla, bubble and squeak as part of the huge veggie breakfast and a mind blowing fruit salad too! Such a shame our stay was so brief, we could have stayed a lot longer and been very happy bunnies. We were just so glad to have been so spoilt for our very special time away together. Linda is simply fabulous as is The Copper House. We will definitely be returning in a year's time to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traci P
Hi Traci. Thank you so much for your review and I am very pleased you thought The Copper House provided a perfect end to your perfect day. I couldn't wish for a better compliment. Thank you too for your enthusiasm about our breakfasts. We pushed the boat out a bit as it was a wedding breakfast and I am so glad you enjoyed it. It was a nice change to do a vegetarian version of a 'full english' and I am always happy to provide my guests with a choice of vegetairan or vegan choices if they request it in advance. I hope one day we see you again, maybe on an anniversary, and I wish you much happiness and success together. Kind regards, Linda
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband & i booked 7 nights at the Cooper house and we loved it that much we stayed an extra night and would have stayed longer if we could ! The warm welcome from Linda was most reassuring and we even got homemade scones which were delicious. Our room was spacious,clean and very comfy. The decor is so modern and very homely. Amazing shower and bathroom. The private terrace just adds that extra touch and overlooks gorgeous garden and wildlife. The beds are so comfy we both slept so perfect every night ! Good parking and easy to find, a fridge in the room filled with goodies was great & we enjoyed the breakfast every morning was delicious and very well presented. Linda and Andy are lovely and made us feel so comfortable their hospitality is out if this world I could write so much more about our stay at the cooper house was so wonderful if your looking for a place to relax with luxury this is the place ! Are we going back again YES with out a doubt :) from Jamie & Sam Thresher

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Duck2212
Laughter L, Owner at The Copper House - Portreath, responded to this review, 11 August 2013
Hi Sam & Jamie. What a brilliant review. Thank you so much. I loved having you both and missed you when you were gone (have a look at my The Copper House facebook page ). Thank you both so much for my flowers and card. The flowers are still going strong and admired by all. A really delightful gesture from two delightful guests. I am so pleased you had a lovely time here and I loved your enthusiasm about everything. I am very happy you thought the bed and bathroom were great and we were good hosts. You were very easy to be a good host to. I do hope you visit us again, maybe on your next anniversary?! I look forward to it very much.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Portreath
Penventon Park Hotel
Tregenna Castle Resort
Premier Inn Camborne Hotel
The Driftwood Spars B & B
Beacon Country House Hotel

Been to The Copper House - Portreath? Share your experiences!