My family and I have just spent 21st - 30th December in a VIP Lodge. A big decision for our family to spend Christmas away from home... a first for us. Our stay was magical, and I know we have now met the REAL Santa, we visited him in his little house at Gwel an Mor and even sat in his sleigh and stroked his reindeer. We have stayed before and knew the quality and cleanliness of the lodges and were not disappointed. A Christmas Card and two beautifully wrapped gifts were under the tree for our arrival, along with doggie treats and toys for our dog. As it was my grandson's birthday on the day of our arrival I rang ahead to ensure the hot tub was ready for a birthday dip and staff had ensured this was done!
Eva in the Spa is as attentive and welcoming as I remember and her treatments are total bliss. A previous review offered a helpful tip with the wood burner which was a great help!
We visited the Panto at the Hall for Cornwall on 23rd which was brilliant!
We had a lovely take away delivered to our lodge and wondered why we have never done so before, the food was excellent.
Christmas lunch in the Barn (second sitting) was a slight disappointment, but it was the first year this had been held there and so I am sure next time it will be a little more polished.
All in all possibly our best Christmas for years and of course we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gwel an Mor is Cornish for "View of the Sea." We are a 5 Star luxury self catering holiday resort which sits high on hills above the Atlantic Ocean in Cornwall.Our grand Scandinavian style holiday lodges blend beautifully into landscaped gardens and the surrounding countryside. Truly inviting with a relaxed but luxury style, the two and three bedroom lodges have everything you may need – down to the hot tub on your private terrace and log burner in the living area. Alongside the traditional wooden lodges, we also offer the contemporary style of the Residence. Launched in 2012, these exclusive eco lodges provide the ultimate in high-end holiday accommodation, complete with underfloor heating, mood lighting, DVD and music players and WiFi. You'll even find a plasma TV in the bathroom. Our Clubhouse boasts a fully equipped gym, indoor pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna while outside there is a children’s play area, tennis courts and a putting and croquet lawn.For more grown-up indulgences, The Wellbeing Spa offers an extensive menu of pampering facial, body and cosmetic treatments designed to relax, revitalise and rejuvenate you using marine inspired products. With a great reputation amongst visitors and locals, the Terrace Restaurant at Gwel an Mor is an informal bistro style venue with a locally sourced, innovative menu. With an emphasis on using the best seasonal ingredients the Southwest has to offer, the Terrace even offers a take away service so you can indulge in the comfort of your lodge. One of the truly unique aspects to a stay with us is the chance to meet some of the local wildlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Gwel an Mor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gwel An Mor 5 Star Holiday Hotel Portreath
- Gwel An Mor Portreath, Cornwall