Elysium Resort & Spa
Rodos Palladium(Kallithea)
US$128
US$95
Eden Roc Resort Hotel & Bungalows(Koskinou)(Great Value!)
US$63
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,749 results
All reviewselite clubemerald restaurantnoble restaurantfresh restaurantbeach barelite roomrhodes townsea viewsecond buildingmain coursemain buildingbreakfast and dinnerstar hotelhalf boardrooftop restaurantbeautiful hotelfresh orange juice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We have just returned from our second visit to Elysium to celebrate my partner's birthday from 18-25 May. The hotel lived up to it's expectations from our last year's visit (hence we decided to return). The fact that we have never been to same hotel twice as we both like to experience new places and hotels- speaks volume.

*The hotel has very tastefully decorated rooms. Public areas and grounds are kept exceptionally clean at all times. This time we upgraded to superior room (2611) and really enjoyed having the jacuzzi in the room. We will try out the Elite room next year.
*The Spa is great- we enjoyed spending the day using the facilities and this time we also opted to trying out few treatments. I had Aromatherapy massage and my partner Men's Package.
* The staff is about 80% same as last year and it was good to see familiar faces again. The staff at restaurants works exceptionally hard and I hope they get rewarded.
* They have also resolved the issue of slow and limited internet in the public areas since last year. Wifi is now available at restaurants, pool and even reaches to parts of the beach.
* Food at Fresh restaurant was even better than we remembered and was reasonably priced.
* The added daily activities such as pilates and stretching classes were greatly welcomed. I wish the info about the classes was given to us at check in as I didn't realise this was available until half way through the holiday.
* We were very touched by the bottle of champagne on arrival and surprise birthday cake.
* The invite to the Manager's Cocktail was also a lovely touch and made us feel appreciated as returning guests.

A recommendation to improve the hotel would be:
1) add another 1 or 2 exercise bikes to the gym. There was always a waiting line for the one in there.
2) extra waiter mixing up cocktails at Crystal bar on busier nights. One night we waited 30 minutes for my cocktail and vodka&coke. The waiter, who was mixing the cocktails was working exceptionally hard and was trying to keep up with the orders but the backlog was inevitable when there is a full bar and 1 of him :) So just 1 waiter in charge of cocktails is not enough in our opinion. The hotel would increase it's turnover and profits from the bar if there were at least 2 waiters mixing up the drinks at the same time during the busy period.

The only mild negative was the noise from the neighbouring hotel on the day of our arrival (Sunday). Their program finished at 23.00 though but we were a little bit put off by loudness of it after a long day of travel- specially as we were looking forward to a relaxing night in with room service. The staff were very courteous and apologetic although it wasn't really their fault- we were offered an alternative room the next day, which we didn't take in the end as the hassle of packing and unpacking didn't appeal to me. The noise from the neighbouring hotel was also much less for the rest of our holiday.

So all in all- a great holiday and we are already planning our next years visit to Elysium.
Thank you to everyone and look forward to seeing you all again in 2015.

3  Thank Kadi425
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The Hotel is super nice, everybody is friendly. Rooms are clean, food is delicious. Ocean is great. This was the best Holidays ever. To Rodes by bus 20 min ( 2 €) or by Taxi cab ( 14 €) . To Turkey Marmaris 1h 20 min by Cadamaran/Ship from Rodes or you can book it at the Hotel.
15 min. by foot to minimarkets...go 10 min further and you'll find Epsiloncenter with Pharmacy, more minimarkets, a little shopping mile with beautiful gifts, clothes, ect. ( a tip, Marmaris is cheaper).
The Food is absolutely delicous in the hotel. You find everything, italien food, all kinds of fish, mead, american breakfast ect. You need no towls from home, or hairdryer as well as shampoo ( en mass!), bodylotions or showersoap. Suncreme is expensive in whole Rodes.

Room Tip: We had Room 1521. Its in the main Part of the Hotel Floor 5. But every room has ocean view. This was a nice room with balcony and you can see the pool at night filled with lights and its really beautiful.
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I Visited Elysium in Late May with my best friend. This was Hansa down the BEST 5 Star i SAw in Greece!!!! What lovely staff, from Reception, To Bell Boy, To awesome waiters in the Dinner Restaurant!!! What an Amazing Management!!!!!!
No sad Faces, every Wish Granted, soy milk available, i Never Heard a "no, sorry we can't do that"....
Only, yes I will!!! And we will come back!
And a lot of Thanks To the sous maître for Doing anYthing we Wished. We Hardly Wanted To Leave!!! Thank you Paola for Amazing pilates & Yoga classes. I will come back with my Husband! The Food is the best you can Imagine, wonderful Variety & a beautiful Setting Where you are Served Main Course & have Buffet as Addition. Wonderful waiters Amine others: Konstantinos, michalis (the Short One ) Super awesome!!!!! Thank you Dimitra!

We had suite 2207 and absolutey loved every Second... We Hope To come back soon!!!! Evraristo para poli!!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I came here with my mum for her 70th birthday. We have stayed in a lot of 5 star greek hotels and we were very disappointed with this one. It's a very large hotel with a lot of space that seems wasted. There are a lot of sunbeds available on the beach which is good. The rooms are spacious which is good. And it'd very clean. That's where my good seems to end though. When we arrived at about 9.30 ish last Friday evening our check in was not a pleasant experience and whilst others were being told various things about breakfast and how the hotel works the guy checking us in decided not to tell us any of these things and to be fair he was not the most welcome person . Breakfast is fine with a lot of choice. But dinner is not so well organized . We went down about 8pm most nights and had to queue for about 25 minutes to get a table, now I appreciate that in May it was a bit chilly outside so everyone wanted to sit inside but still there didn't seem to be enough tables. The food in the evening was ok but when we asked if the food that was outside was the same as inside and was told of course it's all the same we we slightly surprised to find it had totally different options. So make sure you check it all out before plating up. It seems very
Disorganized in the restaurants and you get given a menu but you don't get told if you can have this instead if the buffet or if it is extra, it definitely lacks communication with the guests. It would be nice in the room if it explains all this to you. The pool tiles that they give you we also had to find out ourself how these work . Just so you know you pay a 15 euro deposit at reception who then give you a card who you then give to the pool towel man, you get had deposit back when you hand the cards back at the end if the stay, but it is little
Things like this that you should be told. If you are looking for evening entertainment then choose again as most nights they have a pianist who Also sings, but after a while just gets boring. There is no other entertainment. If you want to go to old Rhodes town which is lovely a taxi called from the hotel is 18 euro if flagged down on the street is 15 euro. The buses are always so jammed packed that they don't always stop. Overall the service needs to be much better as you pay for 5 star you expect a decent service and disappointingly we felt we did not get that here. This is our 3rd time to Rhodes but sorry we round not stay at this hotel again. It has the ability to be a great hotel but a lot more effort needs to be made by them. If you are looking for a quite hotel and to make your own entertainment then maybe this is for you but it just wasn't for us.

Stayed: May 2014
harmony_el, Customer Services at Elysium Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you devoted in providing extensive feedback with your stay with us.
The hotel has an ample space and this was our priority when designing it so that our guests feel relaxed and comfortable. Check in procedure includes a detailed briefing for the guests but there is always a Guest Relations Executive on duty to answer questions and provide assistance so that our guests enjoy their stay. Queuing in dinner is a rare exception and may happen – but not to the extent that you described – when the weather conditions are such that make guests preferring to stay more in the indoor part than to the outdoor. The Directory of Services, available in all rooms in six languages clearly describes the dining options, as well as all other procedures including the provision of beach towels. As far as entertainment is concerned, during May there was live music on a daily basis being either piano or saxophone.
We are really sorry that your stay with us was not up to your expectations.

Kind regards,
Elysium Resort & Spa
Customer Services

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Elysium for two night after our wedding, and I stayed in a different room with my maid of honour the night before the wedding, and we had an absolutely brilliant time. As I stayed both in a 'normal' room and a deluxe suite, I had a great chance to compare the offering for each.

Both rooms were arranged and maintained beautifully, with fantastic sea views. The rooms were spacious, with large well-maintained bathrooms - the suite, in fact, had two of them! The staff also made it seamless for me to switch between rooms for my wedding night by arranging to transfer all our luggage from one room to the other, and were able to check me into my new room hours before it would normally be available as I had to leave to being wedding preparations.

Breakfast with each room offered a wide range of food, from eggs and omlettes to pastries, cereal and fruit. I enjoyed the breakfast with our suite room somewhat more, however, as we could take it in the top floor restaurant, which had table service (and flavoured coffee!) and meant that you weren't fighting to get to the buffet.

My husband and I only ate dinner at the resort once, in the main restaurant (as there hadn't been enough reservations for the gourmet restaurant to be opened). It was a mix of buffet and table service, with the mains being brought directly to the table and everything else being from a wide-ranging buffet. Our only complaint about the food is that we would have liked to see more gluten-free options - I'm a coeliac and can't eat any wheat product, which meant that my options for dessert were severely limited. It would also have been helpful for the food to carry some sort of allergy symbols on the cards, as sometimes it wasn't easy to tell what ingredients a dish contained.

My husband and I booked a massage the day after our wedding, which we simply can't recommend more - our masseurs were fantastic. The sauna and steam room facilities were also lovely, although at one point my husband did have to go into the sauna before me and ask another guest to please put his bathing trunks back on before I came in. With the resort's international clientele, it would likely be a good idea for staff to remind guests that they are required to wear their swimming costume at all times when they check in to the spa.

We were also lucky enough to get the last massage appointment available on the day - and I'd called to book at around 8am the previous day. We hadn't been told that we would need to book the massages until I checked in with my maid of honour, and as my husband and I were only staying two nights it would have been helpful to be able to book our massages before we checked in, to avoid not being able to have one.

Overall, the staff were helpful, friendly and hugely competent, and we were impressed by the resort - enough so that we will definitely be returning.

The reason for the four-star review, however, was the lack and difficulty of communication with the resort before our stay. We booked our rooms in January, and despite a query with our booking, several emails and two attempts at telephoning, we were never able to get answers to our queries - or even a generic response that our query had been received - until we arrived. And as I've previously mentioned, because the massages seem to get booked up quite quickly, if you're only staying for a few days it would be helpful to be able to book any treatments well in advance of your stay.

Room Tip: Any room with a sea view is going to be lovely!
2  Thank BrookelynB