“Romantic stay in paradise”

Elysium Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Kallithea
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Romantic stay in paradise”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Last week we've just returned from our honey moon. We stayed in Elysium for three days and it was absolutely perfect. Since the we've arrived and all throughout our stay were offered wonderful attention. When we god to our room it was breathtaking the room has been decorated with roses sweets wine and traditional treats. Our reaction was wow for 5 minutes couldn't believe how lovely the room was, overview over the beach and sea, large suite with two bathrooms one of them included jacuzzi. The had offered us an upgrade to the nicest suite i've seen, returning from the beach the surprises continued we had a lovely letter from the management and staff congratulating us along with complimentary bubbly and again desserts made with a contemporary twist. That was best day of our life after weeding, we were smiling constantly. In the evening we dinned in the Noble Restaurant sophisticated food, wonderful presented by the waiters Alexandros and Anna, accompanied by breathtaking view from the roof of the hotel and.......LIFE PIANO music. Both me and my husband are artists he's musician and I dancer so the music was very much appreciated. The waiters had an elegance on presenting the food, wonderful. Here again we've been pampered with complimentary starters drinks and desserts. It felt like a dream. The reception staff was fantastic attention to detail as well as great costumer service offered at a high level. They were so friendly and really went the extra mile to make our stay perfect and put a smile our faces. Thank you reception team and Management for this sublime stay. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ioana D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We visited this hotel as a family (with two teenage children aged 16 and 19). The staff were very helpful and service in the restaurant and pool bar was excellent. The gym and spa services were excellent perhaps a tad pricey (spa) but not to be missed. The beach is a pebble beach and is also the see gets very deep very quickly which might not be ideal for young children, the pool was excellent one of the best pools we have ever been to as a family, the pool suited children and adults with lots of different depths. Our only criticism would be that the internet range was quite limited away from the lobby and pool bar. The rooms would benefit from tea/coffee making facilities.

Room Tip: Main hotel is less noisy
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank zuccherellifamily
St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Me and my husband, we spent our vacation in this wonderful hotel from 06 June till 16 June 2014. We stayed in Elysium Resort & Spa for the second time, first was in August 2010.We stayed in deluxe sea view room in the main building on the 3rd floor. The room was very good and comfortable with the big balcony. Hotel has good spa, I enjoyed massage there. The beach is nice and the swimming pool is big and nice too. Food in the restaurants was good and various. All stuff was very friendly, we want to say special thank you to MARILENA who works in the restaurant for special attention to us, she took care of us in the restaurant and invited us to have breakfast in Senses cafe on the top of main building, it has a wonderful view. MARILENA works really very good and she is always attentive to guests, she is really one of the best. We also want to thank NADYA who works in Noble restaurant and Senses cafe for her attention to us. We liked our vacation very much and we want to come again. Sincerely yours Elena and Vladimir

Room Tip: Main building, 3rd floor, room 1336, the balcony is very big
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank _298507_13
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hotel looks great and the people working there are really friendly. The food is also really good. Rhodos and Lindos are easily reachable by bus from the hotel. The hotel beach has very clean and calm water, perfect for swimming. However, the beach is not as "sandy" as I expected.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Marina G
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We spent 1 week at the Elysium Resort & Spa in June 2014. We stayed in a deluxe sea view room on the 1st floor. We had a nice view of the pool and the beach. There are 8 floors to the hotel, and 3 buildings. The main building is where the more expensive rooms are, as well as all the restaurants, lobby, spa, mini market. The second building is called "Helios". If you are not in the main building, you should ask to be in the Helios building because you will be closer to the main bldg. the 3rd building is the farthest from everything.
Our stay included breakfast only. I found the breakfast buffet to be very good (7-10am). Some guests had the option of their hotel stay to include lunch or supper as well. One night we decided to have supper at the hotels main restaurant (emerald). You should know that it will cost you 30 euro each person. For this amount you have access to the supper buffet + you can choose from 1 of 3 main meals. Word of advice- the main meal is not good. Your better off filling up on the buffet, which is pretty good.
WIFI: if you think wifi is going to available everywhere, you're wrong. We found out that wifi is not available in the rooms. We got lucky and we had some wifi on our balcony, but for the most part the wifi was weak everywhere. It was Probably strongest in the lobby. So just be aware of that.
The resort has a spa, but it's very pricey.
The sheets that they use on the bed feel like thin paper. Not sure why the bedding is so poor, but if bedding is really important to you, maybe bring a flat sheet.
The resort has a really good mini market that sells food, drinks, beauty products, basic essentials, tourist shop stuff. There's also an expensive clothing/accessory store.
We rented a car and was able to park it in the resorts lot. Renting a car was a great idea. The roads are safe and wide enough.

Overall we had a great time in Greece and at the Elysium. I would definitely recommend it. It's a very nice hotel, despite some of the things I mentioned.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Deenie30
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Kudos, overall, to the managers of this hotel -- the wait staff in the restaurant were supremely friendly, yet not superficially so, and helpful, as were those on the hotel side. (I appreciated being able to check out at 12.30.) 4th floor room was great -- ample size, as was the bathroom, great bed and shower; loved the view. The cuisine was sublime (I had dinner here as well as breakfast), the kitchen doing creative work with traditional Greek dishes as well as with sushi. Beach and pool chairs were great. (If you're sensitive to rocks, bring 'swim shoes'.) Pool is not built for laps, being several 'kidneys' joined together, but it's easy enough to make it work for that, especially as much of it is too deep for children to play in--there is a separate shallow water area. Beach towel policy (towel card w/ 15 euro deposit, which you can arrange when you check in, to be exchanged for towels at a booth near the pool) worked well. Gym facility is varied enough for a good workout. I also took advantage of [free] classes--yoga, pilates, zumba, water aquatics--with enthusiastic, friendly, and knowledgeable instructors. Spa seemed fine--more on offer than what I've seen elsewhere, including an ice 'bath' -- tho I took a tour but didn't use it.

Yes, check-in took 20 minutes or more [uniquely long, in my experience, and I was the only one checking in at the time], and check-out also took longer than expected [lots of us checking out at the same time, with an equally long line of folks who had just arrived to check in]. But they recognize that, apologize for the delays, do the best they can, and serve juice/water/champagne in recompense. No tempers; no rudeness. Yes, the wifi signal was stronger in the room at 5 or 6 a.m. and midnight, and there was a signal only with the door open or on the balcony, but it was always available in or near the lobby if I really needed it, and I was not there for that. And when housekeeping left me fewer towels than I needed, asking at the desk remedied that easily.

I would not have gone here -- I'm not a 'resort hotel' goer -- except that my conference chose it for its meeting this year. I came a few days early to relax and am glad I did so. Should I ever want a resort again, I would come back. I think the hotel underestimates its standing -- I am told it's ranked #2 on this list, but within Kallithea. I think it could easily be ranked tops among hotels in the Rhodes area, not just the Kallithea area (~15 minutes by cab from Rhodes' old town; 14 euro fixed price; or 2.30 by bus, which stops just outside the hotel and runs frequently). Will be recommending it to others.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to face the beach. I'm sensitive to sound and couldn't see anything wrong wit...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dj171950
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel with my partner on 14 june and had booked a one bedroom deluxe suite.

On arrival we were taken to the elite lounge to check in. The member of staff knew our names and we were offered refreshments. The suite was spacious and had a fantastic view of the beach and pool.(2607)

The maid service was exceptional and drinks and snacks were left in the room every day. Breakfast on the roof terrace offered many choices from the buffet or the kitchen and the staff were very attentive.
The hotel is very clean spacious and all the staff were extremely professional without being intrusive. We ate in the emerald restaurant and again could not fault the choice of buffet or choice from the main menu.

On the first evening we ate at the noble restaurant which was again fantastic.
If I had any criticism it would be the evening entertainment which was abit tame but you only have falaraki a short distance away if you want it more lively.

Rhodes town is only 15 mins in a taxi or the bus and well worth a visit.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel. The best place I have ever stayed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Stephanie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kallithea
Rodos Palladium
#14 of 127 in Rhodes Town
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
Boutique 5 Hotel & Spa
#1 of 15 in Kiotari

Been to Elysium Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!