“Great Hotel”

Elysium Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Kallithea
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We just finished our first trip to Rhodes and stayed at Elysium, which I had booked via Expedia with no issues.

Location:
We found the location to be good, enabling us to get around easily. There is a bus stop in front of the hotel, but we prefered to rent a car from the Sun Rent a Car company located at the hotel. We rented a Hyandai I10 for a decent price and highly recomend that anybody on this island rent a car, so you can go where you want to go.

This hotel is located about 15-20 minutes via taxi from the airport, which cost us about 28€. It is also 1 km from the water park and amusement park and a 10 minute drive from the city of Rhodes itself. It is about 5 km from Faliraki, which is worth visiting in the evening. The trip to Lindos from here took us about 30-40 minutes. We went to 7 Pigeas (Seven Springs) and the Butterfly Valley easily from here as well.

Hotel rooms:
We had ordered the deluxe rooms off of expedia but to our surprise, our room got bumped up to a suite (for free of course). The room was large, modern, well maintained, clean and had a great view of the pool, restaurant and sea. I was very happy with the room.

Food:
We only ate the inclusive morning breakfast which was excellent and had a wide selection of food. I also noticed on my last day that do not allow the stock to run down, even near closing time, and they went over the time of 10AM by quite a bit. We were going to try out the evening meal, but we preferred to go out and eat in the Rhodes old town. In the morning, try and go before 9:15, as it gets pretty busy after 9:30.

Staff:
The staff was very professional and friendly and have done a good job as far as I saw, and should be proud. Hopefully they are all well compensated and treated well in return. The cleaning ladies all were really nice, the restaurant staff was friendly and helpful and the people at the front desk were great. My fiancé got sick from the water park and couldn't make it down to eat on my last day, but one of the staff down at the restaurant (Dimitra) was awesome and had food sent up to the room for me, plus checked into getting us a doctor if we needed it. She was very helpful and friendly! Thanks Dimitra! (From The Canadian greek guy).

While I speak greek, the staff all seemed to know english fairly well. When I left, they had no problem calling a taxi for us or letting us stay in the lobby for hours if we wanted too (we didn't) and they never tried to push false charges on us or anything like that. The Sun Rent a Car guy was also courteus, and didn't try and harass us with some trumped up "extra service charges" or anything either, as I have experienced with other rental car companies in the past. Overall, I was very happy with the service.

Supermarket:
There is a small supermarket on site. The prices were not bad especially for a hotel, and they had a good stock of useful items. The two ladies working the counter were very nice and helpful as well. As I said earlier, there is a small strip mall near the Water Park with some shops, including a Pharmacy, and there are several large SuperMarkets on the way to Rhodos if you need.

Internet:
I never got onto the Internet here because I assumed it cost money and I never asked, something I regret doing because it looks like it was free...Next time.

Pool/Beach:
We never swam in the pool, but there were always people swimming and around it until about 7pm or so, and it looked nice. They had a guy who spent about 2 hours each morning cleaning it, so it is maintained, plus there is a life guard on duty. I expect you probably need to get out here by 11am to get a chair though. Instead, we preferred to go to the beach. The beach is awesome, with very clean water and sand. The hotel keeps the beach chairs clean as well and the chairs are free to use. I swim a lot in the hidden beaches around Argos Greece, and this was cleaner. I didn't have my diving mask with me, but it looked like if you did, you might find it interesting to snorkl here too.

Tips:
I really recommend getting a car if you are in Rhodes, it will make your life easier as you can go check out the sites on your own. This hotel gives you easy access to a lot of stuff, so just plan your days ahead. There is a bus stop outside the hotel though if you need it.

Complaints:
-My only real, but minor complaint is that the glasses for their freshly squeezed orange juice needed to be cleaned a little better.

Overall:
The best compliment I can give is this:
My parents are coming to Rhodes next year and this is the hotel I will book for them. If my fiance and I return in a year or two, I will stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank L D
harmony_el, Customer Services at Elysium Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review. We are really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you liked the service provided by our staff. Please rest assured that we will pass to everyone your nice comments. Thank you also for recommending our hotel to your parents. It is really rewarding for our efforts to receive such excellent feedback. Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,
Elysium Resort & Spa
Customer Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,738)

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My girlfriend and our 11-month old son and I just returned from a 7 night stay at the Elysium Resort & Spa. We cannot rate it highly enough. We did pay for an Elite Club Suite -- as far as I can tell it was the one on their website that looks directly out over the sea. It was a great room. The hotel is modern and it is right on the beach. All the facilities are in good working order apart from the Wifi reception is spotty, but which was frankly not a problem once we got used to it. The hotel was close to full towards the end of our stay but there was plenty of room for everyone (we didn't even need to put towels down by the pool before breakfast!).

The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful -- the only sour face I saw all week was the big fish in the goldfish bowl by reception. I'd particularly like to thank Marilesa and Nadia for looking after us at breakfast every morning and most evenings for dinner. The cleaners always came early to our room when we asked them to, on account of our wanting to get it tidied up before baby had his mid-morning sleep.

Also well worth a visit is the Noble Restaurant on the top floor. You do have to pay a bit extra but it is well worth the money and the standard of food there is fantastic.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Last week we've just returned from our honey moon. We stayed in Elysium for three days and it was absolutely perfect. Since the we've arrived and all throughout our stay were offered wonderful attention. When we god to our room it was breathtaking the room has been decorated with roses sweets wine and traditional treats. Our reaction was wow for 5 minutes couldn't believe how lovely the room was, overview over the beach and sea, large suite with two bathrooms one of them included jacuzzi. The had offered us an upgrade to the nicest suite i've seen, returning from the beach the surprises continued we had a lovely letter from the management and staff congratulating us along with complimentary bubbly and again desserts made with a contemporary twist. That was best day of our life after weeding, we were smiling constantly. In the evening we dinned in the Noble Restaurant sophisticated food, wonderful presented by the waiters Alexandros and Anna, accompanied by breathtaking view from the roof of the hotel and.......LIFE PIANO music. Both me and my husband are artists he's musician and I dancer so the music was very much appreciated. The waiters had an elegance on presenting the food, wonderful. Here again we've been pampered with complimentary starters drinks and desserts. It felt like a dream. The reception staff was fantastic attention to detail as well as great costumer service offered at a high level. They were so friendly and really went the extra mile to make our stay perfect and put a smile our faces. Thank you reception team and Management for this sublime stay. Will definitely come back.

3  Thank Ioana D
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We visited this hotel as a family (with two teenage children aged 16 and 19). The staff were very helpful and service in the restaurant and pool bar was excellent. The gym and spa services were excellent perhaps a tad pricey (spa) but not to be missed. The beach is a pebble beach and is also the see gets very deep very quickly which might not be ideal for young children, the pool was excellent one of the best pools we have ever been to as a family, the pool suited children and adults with lots of different depths. Our only criticism would be that the internet range was quite limited away from the lobby and pool bar. The rooms would benefit from tea/coffee making facilities.

Room Tip: Main hotel is less noisy
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank zuccherellifamily
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Me and my husband, we spent our vacation in this wonderful hotel from 06 June till 16 June 2014. We stayed in Elysium Resort & Spa for the second time, first was in August 2010.We stayed in deluxe sea view room in the main building on the 3rd floor. The room was very good and comfortable with the big balcony. Hotel has good spa, I enjoyed massage there. The beach is nice and the swimming pool is big and nice too. Food in the restaurants was good and various. All stuff was very friendly, we want to say special thank you to MARILENA who works in the restaurant for special attention to us, she took care of us in the restaurant and invited us to have breakfast in Senses cafe on the top of main building, it has a wonderful view. MARILENA works really very good and she is always attentive to guests, she is really one of the best. We also want to thank NADYA who works in Noble restaurant and Senses cafe for her attention to us. We liked our vacation very much and we want to come again. Sincerely yours Elena and Vladimir

Room Tip: Main building, 3rd floor, room 1336, the balcony is very big
1  Thank _298507_13
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The hotel looks great and the people working there are really friendly. The food is also really good. Rhodos and Lindos are easily reachable by bus from the hotel. The hotel beach has very clean and calm water, perfect for swimming. However, the beach is not as "sandy" as I expected.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Marina G
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

We spent 1 week at the Elysium Resort & Spa in June 2014. We stayed in a deluxe sea view room on the 1st floor. We had a nice view of the pool and the beach. There are 8 floors to the hotel, and 3 buildings. The main building is where the more expensive rooms are, as well as all the restaurants, lobby, spa, mini market. The second building is called "Helios". If you are not in the main building, you should ask to be in the Helios building because you will be closer to the main bldg. the 3rd building is the farthest from everything.
Our stay included breakfast only. I found the breakfast buffet to be very good (7-10am). Some guests had the option of their hotel stay to include lunch or supper as well. One night we decided to have supper at the hotels main restaurant (emerald). You should know that it will cost you 30 euro each person. For this amount you have access to the supper buffet + you can choose from 1 of 3 main meals. Word of advice- the main meal is not good. Your better off filling up on the buffet, which is pretty good.
WIFI: if you think wifi is going to available everywhere, you're wrong. We found out that wifi is not available in the rooms. We got lucky and we had some wifi on our balcony, but for the most part the wifi was weak everywhere. It was Probably strongest in the lobby. So just be aware of that.
The resort has a spa, but it's very pricey.
The sheets that they use on the bed feel like thin paper. Not sure why the bedding is so poor, but if bedding is really important to you, maybe bring a flat sheet.
The resort has a really good mini market that sells food, drinks, beauty products, basic essentials, tourist shop stuff. There's also an expensive clothing/accessory store.
We rented a car and was able to park it in the resorts lot. Renting a car was a great idea. The roads are safe and wide enough.

Overall we had a great time in Greece and at the Elysium. I would definitely recommend it. It's a very nice hotel, despite some of the things I mentioned.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Deenie30
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kallithea
Rodos Palladium
Amada Colossos Resort
Amada Colossos Resort
#11 of 20 in Kallithea
Sentido Port Royal Villas & Spa

Been to Elysium Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!