I'd definitely recommend this hotel - we had a fabulous holiday here from 5-12 May 2010 staying on a HB basis. I'll give a list of pros and cons but in my opinion the pros definitely outweigh the cons.
Arriving on 5 May the hotel had only just opened for the season - think we were lucky as our room was upgraded and for the first 3 nights we got dinner in the a la carte restaurant and breakfast on the roof terrace (which is normally only for elite club guests). Hotel was extremely quiet but this suited us perfectly - we had everything to ourselves!!
The following are the pros and cons of the hotel so you can decide if it's right for you:
- Contemporary designed hotel
-Good sized room (nice toiletries, fridge with water provided, safe, beach towels, bath robes, good storage)
-Beautiful reception areas
-Excellent and helpful staff across the board.
-Good access to Faliraki and Rhodes town by bus - 1 euro to Faliraki and 2 euros to Rhodes town.
- Drinks relatively expensive (3 euros for a juice, 4 euros 50 for a beer, 3 euros 50 for a 1L bottle of water at dinner)
-Spa extremely expensive with most 1 hr massages around 99 euros
-Quite far to walk to Faliraki (about 50 mins) and the paths not very good - nowehere really to walk to at night so I'd recommend HB or you'd really need to get a bus to Faliraki (which I didnt really like) or Rhodes town
Overall though a definite thumbs up!! If you want to see the rooms etc the hotel's own website gives you a good idea of what they're like.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right on the beach in a blue-flag awarded area next to the famous monument of Kalithea Springs and just 8 km away from Rhodes town, the newly built 5 star Elysium Resort and Spa stands in a class entirely on its own. Impeccable style and attention to detail is complemented by a blend of contemporary luxury, sophisticated services and culinary splendour. World class SPA with ESPA branded products & posh executive floors available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Bookgreece.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Elysium Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elysium Resort And Spa
- Elysium Hotel Kalithea
- Elysium Resort & Spa Rhodes, Greece