My wife and I stayed at this hotel at the end of April/beginning of May 2013. It wa our first time in this hotel, although we did stay in the area some ten years ago. We stayed as all-inclusive guests although the Hotel does cater for other choices of accomodation.
The Hotel is very well appointed, being clean and well decorated. It occupies a good position 6Km. from Rhodes town and 4Km. from Falaraki. The reception area is impressive and spacious with comfortable seating areas and splendid views over the pool and beyond to the sea and the skyline of Rhodes Harbour and Town.
When we arrived,having bookesd a “promo” room through Teletext we were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded, immediately, to a room with a sea view for which there is normally a supplement. Ourselves and our baggae were quickly and smoothly transferred by electric car to our room. The room was loveley with a nice balcony and the promised sea view across some of the Hotel's pools and gardens. The adjoining villas had small private heated pools to their rear. The room was spacious with adequate space in drawers and cupboards and was furnished with two single divans in double-bed formation as well as a setee and stool. There was a safe (free of charge) and a mini bar. The bath was also a jacuzzi with a shower (part of the upgrade).
The pool areas were spotlessly clean and with plenty of sunbeds (free) with parasols.The parasols are fixed in the ground and so a great deal of manouvering of the sunbeds is required if shade is important. This proved a bit inconvenient so we moved after the first day to the terraces. These provide a remarkable tranquility and relaxation. We spent most of our time there during the day.
The various parts of the hotel are reasonably accessible although there are many steps and ramps. If you take the time to study the layout it is possible to minimise the climbing by using lifts and sloping pathways.
There is a charming secluded beach with sunbeds and umbrellas but the only way to and from it is by steps from the hotel grounds. The beach is partly rocks and some shingle with access to the sea in a small cove.
The restaurant is spacious and comfortable with seating outside if required. The food was good and well prepared but,unfortunately, even when we arrived as soon as the restaurant opened the food was never hot always tepid. Breakfast provided a good range of food; bacon, eggs, sausages (not english),continental fayre,salads and bread.
Again,though,the cooked food was barely warm. At lunch and dinner there was a reasonable variety of food with chicken, veal, fish and salads. We were surprised that on most occasions there were only chips and usually no other form of potato was on offer although there was a great variety of other cooked vegatables to choose from.
The range of drinks both alcholic and non alcholic was excellent and included with the all inclusive package. (branded names like genuine Baileys and Metaxa were available).
The service was excellent but there were clearly not enough staff ,especially at peak times and in the evenings. This made for some frustration and long waiting times for sevice. It was Holy week and just at the beginning of the season. Nevertheless in this respect the hotel fell short of what might be expected of a five star rating. The mini bar was never stocked and we had to remember to take bottled water to our room each day. The managers were conspicuous by their absense.
The entertainment was mostly disappointing. On quite a few evenings the advertised programme was not provided. There was one singer live for a couple of hours on one evening. The standard universal mini disco did take place each evening and was well organised and vibrant.
The most disorganised feature of the service was the free WiFi. It was so intermittent as to be totally useless. Internet access was rarely possibly and for a few minutes, sometimes seconds,only. The IT personell seemed totally unable to put this right. It was possible to access the internet in the room by ethernet cable and a laptop, and we informed that the sister hotel adjacent also had free wifi for the use of guests at this hotel.
Transport around the area was provided by taxi, bus,or hire car. A telling piece of information in the hotel brochure advised “ Bus times are subject to frequent changes without notice.” Taxis often encourage sharing. Four passengers can often pay each the eqivalent of the bus fare if they are willing to share a taxi. Local bus tend to fill up very quickly and I observed at each stop on the way into Rhodes Town there were waiting enough passengers to fill the bus and more.
Overall this was a good experience, good enough to encourage us to seriously consider rebooking at some future date. A very good hotel in need of some tweaking
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kresten Royal Villas & SpaThe HotelThe luxurious newly build The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa, stands majestically on the magnificent Kallithea sloping hillside by the sea offering transpire great class, impeccable taste in seductive and stunning sea views of the Aegean, lies an ancient quarry site, (from which stone for the fortification of the City was excavated during the ancient and medieval ages), for unique privacy and relaxation.Everything composes an unforgettable picture. Aesthetically premises, breathtaking nature, warm and kind hearted people with a tradition of excellence in service, dedicated to your well being. Is situated 5,5 km from the famous UNESCO world heritage monument, medieval old town of Rhodes and within walking distance from the recently restored Kallithea Mineral Springs.Paying meticulous attention to cuisine excellence while attracting and employing friendly and helpful minded personnel, we strongly believe that “paying attention in every detail makes a hotel great”.Rooms & SuitesWhatever your choice might be… we have it…Make your choice for your accommodation in our hotel fromDouble roomsJunior Suites SuitesIf you don’t want to walk until the pool, or you want more privacy for your vacations you can choose from ourVillas with private pool:Villa Junior Suites with swimming poolRoyal Suites with swimming pool Our Arrival Offer consists ofBottle Of water, basket of fresh fruits, tea & coffee making facilities, bathrobes, slippers, towels for the beach and shower amenities. In every room you can findSatellite TV, Telephone, fridge, Safety deposit Box and Internet connection through EthernetDiningThere is a famous Greek phrase, “I agapi pernaei apo to stomachi” which means that love is getting bigger and stronger from good Food, and we are ready to offer you a wide variety of choices, top quality and the spirit of the Greek service. Our Food and beverage program was made with our guests’ satisfaction in mind. General All Inclusive Terms:The hotel offers the use of the theme restaurants, included in the ALL Inclusive program, twice (2) per week, instead of dinner at the main restaurant. A reservation is required, at least one day earlier, along with the special meal voucher provided at the hotel reception, upon arrival.Alcohol consumption is allowed to adults only. You may order two drinks per person, at a time.Dress Code: During Dinner at all available restaurants gentlemen must wear long trousers.FacilitiesDuring your Stay you will be surrounded by our state of the art Sport facilities, the newest machinery in our Gym and our variety of pools. You can take a look at our in-Hotel store or you can relax at our spa. 1 external Pool with Sea Water2 external Pools with Sweet Water1 Children’s Pool1 Indoor Pool (Heated)Tennis CourtsFootball Court 5x5Basketball / Volleyball CourtGymSpa (Not Included In the All Inclusive)Super Market (Not Included In the All Inclusive)MeetingsInterested in business? Interested in planning incentive trips for your company? Making a convention? Now combine all these thoughts with a spectacular location, and leisure facilities and you will get an unforgettable experience of business & relaxation at the same time.The Convention Centre, “Golden Hall” is an autonomous building with its own separate entrance and lobby, seats 500 participants and it is equipped with state of the art simultaneous translation facilities as well as divisible smaller meeting rooms, a business center, VIP lounge, press room and a bistro styled coffee shop, makes it ideal destination, for incentive groups.EntertainmentYour entertainment during your stay is as important as your relaxation & dining experience.Except the usage of our facilities for athletics like tennis, basketball, football, volleyball and our gym, Our Animation Team is at your disposal with:Children Activities & playgroundMorning gymnastics & daily activities. Mini Disco for our little customers& Spectacular Shows for your evening entertainmentWeddingsHoneymoon Memories are simply moments that refuse to be ordinary. Falling in love is the magical moment of everybody’s life and our resort is a honeymoon destination, simply once experienced never forgotten.The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa is ideal for an unforgettable wedding ceremony and reception, for special memorable moments, for quiet and relaxing Holiday.SpaFeel free to relax in our new spa facilities and treatments from day 1. Our professional trained staff and our newly made spa facilities are waiting for The biggest star of your vacations…You! A variety of treatments and a world of body relaxation have opened their doors for you.Our Superb Mediterranean Spa gives you the opportunity to indulge yourself with using its exclusive natural products, and unforgettable service. A wellness center with fully equipped gymnasium and Spa with steam bath, sauna, different massage - wellness treatment rooms and an indoor Pool, shall be at your service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kresten Royal Villas Hotel Kallithea
- The Kresten Royal Villas And Spa
- The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa Rhodes, Greece