2,193 results
All reviews greek restaurant private pool bella vista bar jacuzzi bath on arrival pool bar main restaurant the salt water pool rhodes town sister hotel lower pool the italian a la carte bar staff sea view bottle of water chinese night junior suite
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

The hotel was beautiful and rooms luxurious. We were upgraded to a room with our own splash pool and it was fantastic! The food was stunning and there was a wide range of options at every sitting.
Be aware that men are only permitted in to the dining room for the evening meal wearing long trousers.
Air conditioning was excellent.
The pool area was always clean and had ample, padded sun loungers.
If you get the chance to dine besides the pool of an evening then do it.
This was our 25th wedding anniversary and it was made extra special by the staff and just the general stay at the hotel.
Can't wait to return

Date of stay: September 2012
1  Thank Lisagbailey
Reviewed 29 August 2013

As a holiday, the journey/transfers were very slick. 8 hours to leave home in Hertfordshire to being in our room in Rhodes is not bad! The setting of the hotel is lovely and the views are great. The top, deep pool was generally quiet as kids tended to go to the lower pools. How the rooms can be rated as 5 star was beyond me. They were clean,basic and not as nice as many 4* I have stayed in. Food was good but be prepared, if british, to have your natural queueing ethos pushed to the limit by others who have no etiquette. The entertainment is shocking!! It just seemed like an afterthought. if a 5* hotel want dancers/performers, then they should employ dancers/performers not people who happen to just like to dance. However, these poor kids didn't have any setting,stage or adequate lighting as the Hotel obviously didn't take this part of a holiday very seriously. A beautiful unused ampetheatre is literally neglected !!! Oh and the only well presented entertainment was at the hotel next door which you had to pay 10euros each for the privilage. Yes the hotel was nice and quiet but value for money,no. Also be aware that the hotel is situated next door to a sewage works and although the prevailing wind tends to blow away from the works, on about 5 days the smell of raw sewage seeped through the entire complex .

Room tip: .ask for a sea view
2  Thank Simon P
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed at the Kresten Royal this August on an all inclusive basis. We were very impressed with the hotel upon arrival, the building itself is brand new and immaculate and there has clearly been some time spent on the interior design. We were even more impressed when we were carried away to our rooms by a porter on a golf buggy! The rooms are fairly standard, very clean and generous in size and there are Jacuzzi in each of the bathrooms. The Junior suite was barely any bigger that a regular room so proved a waste of money. Luckily we opted not to get a suite with a private pool as, throughout the entire week we did not see anybody use them. They are very exposed to other guests and a bit pointless given they are a stones throw away from the hotels larger, and uncrowded main pools. The food at the hotel is lovely in the main dining room and the drinks menu is generous for an all inclusive. The a la carte restaurants were less impressive. I would not recommend taking a young family here as the entertainment is next to non existent, however, for childless visitors such as ourselves this was bliss. If you want nothing more than a location to eat yummy food and do nothing in the sunshine for a week then this place fits the bill.

Room tip: Don't bother with a suite
4  Thank Bryony M
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We travelled to the Kresten Royal on 7 August 2013 for our two week annual holiday. On arrival the hotel looked stunning, however this is where 'stunning' ended. We were booked into a junior suite - the other couple who travelled with us were booked into a double room - the only difference in the rooms was a larger bathroom (with a window) and a three seater sofa bed instead of two seater, so where the term 'junior suite' comes from I have nil clue! Anyway, to get to the cafeteria situation, where you had to eat for 10 days of your holiday (you are given 4 visits to the a la carte restaurants for a two week stay). The food was varied and there was more than enough for everyone, however the cafeteria (as that was what it was, not a restaurant) was grossly understaffed - the staff that were there were, from what we could see, worked extremely hard......too hard for a five star as it made us feel uncomfortable. The beer was awful, so much so that we had to buy some from the shop. What I find irritating is the 'dress code' for men, how laughable is this?? Long trousers for dinner, any normal person would assume this means trousers, not dirty jeans that look like they have been worn every night for the last month, which is what we witnessed night after night. The guests at this hotel left a lot to be desired, marauding around the place with plates piled high with food, a lot of which was thrown away. The greed and bad manners left us speechless, and don't get me wrong, I am not a snob, I am a normal working person with manners, that is all, so if you are the same, and you just expect people to behave reasonably then do not book this hotel, I know it is not the hotels fault that people behaved as they did but surely if people were throwing food around and spilling it onto the floor continuously then management should have approached them to ask them not to do it? My son fell over three times at meal times, slipping on the spilt food and drinks. The thing that left the worst taste was the fact that my daughters purse was stolen, yes, stolen, and I can say this with certainty. I shall elaborate - my daughter left her purse on her bed before we went out to the pool, when we returned the purse had gone. I assumed that it had been bundled up with the sheets and taken by housekeeping for laundering, I went to the reception to ask if this had been the case, the girl on reception rang housekeeping and enquired. She was waiting for a call back so we said we would come back in the morning, which we did, with the Jet 2 rep (who happened to be in the hotel at the time, we thought it would be better, as he was greek and could explain fully what had happened) and spoke to the same girl on reception, who looked at us as if we had never spoken to her before! So, once again she rang housekeeping, and we waited this time, she said that no purse had been found. The rep dismissed the thought that the purse could have been stolen and even said that he would buy our daughter another purse but not put the 40 euros in it. The rep basically said that there was no way that the purse would have been stolen and that to get the police involved would be a bit heavy handed. Obviously, I hoped that the purse would turn up when we were packing, unfortunately this was not the case. My sons wallet (they are twins) also went missing on this trip, he is adamant that it too was in the room however we cannot be 100% of this, however we ARE 100% sure that our daughters purse was in the room when we left, and when we returned it was not there! The maids leave the door open when they are cleaning, maybe it was an opportunist theif? Who knows?? What I am appalled at is the complete disinterest of the management at the Kresten, I had, in essence, reported a theft, and NO ONE WAS INTERESTED!!!!!! I was glad to return home. I have given two stars, one star is for the overworked staff at the hotel and another is for the pools. Also, a note to the manager who likes to reply to comments left on trip advisor. Don't bother responding to this as you didn't take the time to respond to our concerns regarding our daughters purse!

Room tip: don't choose a room in this hotel!
6  Thank Barry E
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We arrived at 31. July back from this hotel. We was satisfied with any smaller problems, which I'd like to recommend to the Hotel Management.

- as we arrived to the first time to our room it was not 100% clean. A last washing of the tiles missed - honestly we missed it all of the days we spent there
- the pools were for me too cold. It was not pleasant to stay in it - just get in, cold up yourself and fast back to the deck-chair
- there was no clear sign where to find the beach - we found it only at our third day. But the sea was absolutely alrigh, great wiew, good warm

The people (especially Christos and Carolos in the bars) were very friendly. The food was rich and varied. All we missed that we could not eat at both thematical restaurant becouse we only staied 5 days... I think it was small-minded in a 5-star-hotel.

What we found excellent is the cat family near to the salt-water-pool. We are big cat-friends and spent a lot of time with them - of course we found magical the small kitten near the main restaurant - I just read here that somebody cared it an took him home- I'm very glad about it and hope he'll have a nice and long life :-)

But my specials were that cat family- I'm wondering what's happening with them? If you have newer information (or perhaps are on Holiday actually at Kresten Royal) I'd be glad to hear about them - that is a so good cat-mother with her kitten - it is very seldom as a cat -.

Altogether Rhodes is very nice and we're planning to come back - but in a time where the temperature is below 25 degrees C

Date of stay: July 2013