The Kresten Royal Villas & Spa
Average 3/5
Virginia Hotel(Koskinou)
Average 3/5
1,935 results
All reviewsgreek restaurantprivate poolbella vista barjacuzzi bathmain restaurantpool barsister hotelrhodes townthe salt water poolthe italian a la cartelower poolbar staffsea viewmeat or fishjunior suitebottle of waterlate breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Came back on 6th October after a 10 night stay at The Kresten. First the good points, the actual hotel is very nice, everything quite new as it has only been open since 2011. We had a deluxe room with a sea view, which was very spacious with a lovely en-suite with a Jacuzzi bath! Both swimming pools are good but freezing cold. The staff were all great, friendly and polite. Now the bad points. The food was very poor, always luke warm which I personally hate and immediately put me off. The dining room was more like a canteen with only paper napkins, even in the evening when you would expect linen napkins in a 5 star hotel. Every time we sat at a table there was always something missing. You were very lucky if there was a salt and pepper often only one or the other. At breakfast they would bring cups and saucers but never teaspoons, we found where they kept them and used to help ourselves! The maid service in the rooms was not very good, very little cleaning done. The one teaspoon was in our room for the whole holiday never washed and by the tenth day was brown! One day we had tidied our beds a little so that day the maid never touched them. The only good thing she did change the sheets about three times. We would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank ossieSolihull
Reviewed 18 October 2013

From the minute we pulled up outside the hotel I was impressed and so were the rest of my wedding party when they arrived a week later. 33 of us stayed in total 2-16 oct. Hotel was beautiful, staff were friendly, food and drinks were nice(and I'm fussy).

We were upgraded to a junior suite with private pool with it being our wedding which was lovely and the staff couldn't have done more for us. They helped us welcome our guests in style with champagne at reception whilst they were checking in and moved their rooms to make things easier for those with little ones. Penelope on reception and Elena in the restaurant had great customer service skills and always had time to smile and speak to us. The staff work day and night and are always professional.
Yes the pools are freezing and there is little entertainment but I didn't see this as an issue at all. Rhodes Town is a short taxi ride away with lively bars and great restaurants and the hotel has the beach where the sea was lovely to swim in. Visit kalithea springs is a must its a beautiful place (our wedding venue) and we all went back the day after to eat and go snorkelling.
I honestly couldn't recommend this hotel enough and we will be visiting again to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My Husband and myself stayed at this hotel for 7 nights. The reason we chose to go to Rhodes was to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. We arrive4d at the hotel around 11.00pm after an hour transfer which was meant to be 25 mins so were pretty tired so did not do much investigating that night but did manage to get a drink in before the bar closed at midnight. We were quickly taken to our Junior suite with a sea view. The room was excellent very clean and spacious with tea and coffee facilities in the room (not what you get in many all inclusive holidays). We had a look out of the window and could just make out the sea, as it was dark. However when we awoke the next morning wow we had a fantastic view which I think was one of the best in the hotel. There was not really a beach to walk on only rocks, but two great pools with lots of sunbeds.The staff everywhere were really friendly except for one girl in the main restaurant. The food was of a good quality and plenty of choice, again you don't always find this in an all inclusive. The cocktails were very good with a large choice including fizz mmmmm. The only down side was the lack of entertainment in the evenings. We can't comment on the spa as we did not use it, but did use the massage chairs. There was not much to do outside the hotel but there was a good bus service into Rhodes Town and Falaraki. We don't usually return to a place and if we do tend to stay somewhere different, but we would actually return to this hotel as we had a great time there.

Room Tip: Worth going for a full sea view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swallington
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed at the Kresten Royal from September 28 to October 8th.Having read some recent reports I have to add my own experiences. I do agree that it is not a 5 star hotel in the sense that a UK hotel would be categorised as 5 star; I was warned about the differential between Greek and UK grading previous to my visit. However, as a modern resort style hotel I found it to be perfectly acceptable for a week's break . The food is not of the highest standard and one week's buffet meals are enough, there is bound to be a degree of monotony; the Italian restaurant was however fine in my opinion. I found the hotel to be efficiently run, we had a problem with the room safe which was addressed within minutes, staff were always pleasant and friendly and the standards of cleanliness and safety (fire precautions etc.) seemed to be high. I was pleased with the size of our room and the view from the balcony over the bay (we were in the main building). I would use this hotel again bearing in mind realistic expectations, our all inclusive holiday was very good value for money

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Recorder44
Reviewed 14 October 2013

went to kresten royal june 2013 . not as clean as previous year but staff very pleasant and helpful. still had relaxing week. room not as pleasant as previous visit .
food okay but after 1 week was repetitive. staff always helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family