“A superb hotel/holiday experience!”

Kalithea Mare Palace
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Kallithea
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“A superb hotel/holiday experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

Absolutely first rate. Food was the best. Buffet spread was enormous and varied daily. The complex although large is spacious, uncluttered and immaculately kept. All the staff were efficient, friendly and engaging. The one and only complaint - extremely hard beds and poor pillows. If you can get beyond that, we couldn't recommend it more.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank lhzangmo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Bocholt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

we spent a lovely week at this hotel - All inclusive. The complex is very big, there are 3 pools and 2 restaurants, very nice entertaining program fo children every evening, very clean, food very good, personal very friendly, speaks geman and english
There is a small private beach, quite rocky, but beautifull, water is very clear, you can see fishes, but not too much sand and for kids not so fun. This beach is not so easy to reach on foot if you are older or you have cardiac problems, but there is a nice tourist train that can be used to ascend and descend, it comes frequently; we have rented a car and enjoyed a wonderfull beach just 15-20 km away, Tzambika, excellent for kids, lots of sand and the sea it is not deep.
as i was there, the trinks were not so variate, beer, softdrinks and wine from dispencer, crowdy at the bar at cocktail´s time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank bocholterwanderer
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

We stayed at this hotel with friends September 2012 and we loved it. The pools were lovely, so many dotted around the complex, it took us days to find them all. There is a lovely decking area overlooking the sea which we loved, as it was close to the pools and bar but relaxing away from the main pool area. The food we found very good, I am a fussy eater but in both Restaurants many choices of dishes and always cooked well and served hot, in fact we have not come across this standard of food in AI hotels before. The bars were nicely spread out over the complex. yes you did have to wait to be served at one bar, but hey your on holiday chill out abit, special mention to Cleopatra in the Safari bar who was lovely , we sat here last thing at night on the open decking area and Cleopatra knew which drinks we wanted before we asked , the evening entertainment was great, again the best we have had in an AI hotel, with diffrent acts on in the diffrent bars each night. We paid a small supplement for a sea view room, and it was lovely, massive balcony, and good size room. The drinks on the AI were very good, compared to those we have had on other holidays, round the pools beer and soft drinks on tap, and in the bars good selection of beer, and spirits also first time ever for me Baileys (or a very good substitute). We enjoyed it so much we have booked again for Septamber this year.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank becks23_10
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2012

Me and my wife found this hotel to be great the night time entertainment at the Poseidon bar was brilliant including Abba the Beatles and the Drifters tribute bands.The bar staff were the best at a hotel we have ever had after only one night we were on first name terms and they remembered which drinks you had.They even brought your drinks to your table.
At breakfast,lunch and the evening meals a waiter was always there to ask what you would like to drink.
The food was great at the Athena restaurant with a large selection and we never went hungry.
The room was very spacious and kept very clean.
A good choice of pools and never a struggle to get a sunbed,didn't have to get up at stupid 0'clock to reserve one.
We only visited the beach once and you do have to pay for drinks here but we preferred the Mythos pool bar close to the sauna and this also had an indoor pool and snack bar and didn't get as busy as the Aphrodite pool.
Not the ideal hotel if you don't like walking and a lot of steps as the place is huge with two hotels merged into one but there is a free mini bus to the beach.
There are also bus stops right outside the hotel to visit Rhodes town or Faliraki which cost just over 2 euros each.
We will definitely be going back as we found the the Greek staff to be so much more friendly than the spanish or turkish staff we have encountered in the past.
Stayed here with my wife in October 2012.

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 626
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jtf40
Milano Marittima, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

The hotel is not very friendly for swimming in the sea, bad small beach under the rock.
The quality of food is very very low, awful, my 2 kids had a problem with their stomach, and we went to the hospital alone, noone of the hotel was interested about us. The diagnosis of the doctors was salmonella after clinical and microbiological exams. For the rest i don't care if i have this behaviour from this hotel. For the rest i suggest to everybody to come to rhodes that is a wonderful island a paradise but be carefull when you choose a hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank alk45
Gloucestershire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2012

My fiance and I stayed here for a week Last year, Check-in was quick and efficient. I have been to many All inclusive hotels and I was not dissapinted.

The complex has lots of options for food ,there is a lunch buffet at the Athena restaurant and snacks and cakes are served throughout the day in the numerous pool bars,
Fantastic selection of drinks including a good choice of cocktails.

The downside to this holiday is that we did have to wait a while at the bar to get served and the entertainment was poor!

The location is not great but we hired a motorbike for the week, which I recommend doing to see more of the island.

Rooms are very big and clean, it was worth paying a little extra for a room with a view of the pool.

The hotel offers a great choice of pools and it was never hard to get a sunbed.

I would stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

I must admit that I was very impressed by the reviews that were on this site and had looked at this hotel serveral times earlier this year so eventually decided to book. This hotel has won an award for the most outstanding feedback recieved in 2011 (I dont possibly know how) but like to tell you how I found this hotel.

We arrived 5th September- not in the reception but thru a side door on the side of the hotel- check in was quick but felt like we were left to our own devices and was reallu given any information about this huge hotel. The grounds were massive and I did not plan to exercize and drag myself around the hotel in the blistering heat. The hotel is two hotels in one which I found confusing. There was only one reception- and I felt like there wasntt much on the grounds other than rooms, a couple of pools and a couple of resturants.

THE ROOM
Our room was quite spacious and I must admit was generally clean (compared to other hotels I have stayed in). The only thing was I woke to find dead (and crawling) red ants in my bed- all over my pillow and this didnt just happen once. They were even up my nose!! lets just say I was pretty mortified and hardly slept a wink.

THE POOLS
Well what can I say- there was the main pool that was over crowded and no sun beds available- cold and no lifeguard- The other pools were ages away from the bar and only had beer on tap. I did not go all inclusive to drink lemonade all holiday and was fuming to find that you had to pay for anything other than watered down pop, beer and vile wine whilse at the pool area. I felt like I had been ripped off.

THE FOOD AND DRINKS
DISGUSTING was not the word- seeing as the grounds and photgraphs are so beautiful on the website, the food was appaling. I am vegetarian and do not eat fish however I am not a fussy eater. The plates smelt like damp dog, the mixed salads were a smelly mush, the food was coldl and was very low standard. The only thing they had for vegatarians were pizza now and again and chips that were covered in salt. I hardly ate anything on holiday and felt sick everytime I entered the resturant. We ended up eating out and even went into rhodes just to get a mcdonnalds. One night we went for dinner in the resturant and I tried something different some kind of spinach andcheese pie- Iv never felt so ill in my life nor experienced projectile vomitinf before so that put me off eating there after that. The drinks like i said were watered down and some were not free. You could see the water e=resting on the top of the wine and was vile. The cocktiles were minging and not worth a try.

THE STAFF
VERY RUDE- there was a lady who worked in the resturant that told us off because we came for breakfast 15 minutes before they stopped serving and tutted at us because we sat at the table with no knifes and forks. The staff in the bar were slow and rude and just ignored you whilst you stood there waiting to be served The all inclusive stopped at 23.00 but they were trying to charge you for drinks at 22.50. They were not friendly at all and was hardly any staff around and felt like you was an inconvience.

THE ENTERTAINMENT
Shocking if you like opera and greek dancing then its right up your street. Very little entertainment- like I said you were left to your own devices.

Was my worst holiday ever, and I have stayed at some less beautiful hotels but atleast they had nice staff. This hotel is all show but no action. It all lokks very nice but it is very boring, quiet, not for young couples, rude ignorant staff and far to big for what they have to offer. Not worth the money and I needed another holiday when I got home just to get over that one- we were counting down our days for our retun flight.

oh yes and one more thing- we never seen our thompson rep once- not once- not even when we were waiting for our coach to go to the airport- ridulous.

Room Tip: all rooms are pretty average
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claire B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kallithea
Rodos Palladium
Mitsis Alila Resort & Spa
Grecotel Rhodos Royal
Grecotel Rhodos Royal
#8 of 72 in Faliraki

Been to Kalithea Mare Palace? Share your experiences!