Kalithea Sun & Sky Hotel
US$148
Rodos Palladium(Kallithea)
US$140
Eden Roc Resort Hotel & Bungalows(Koskinou)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$178
Agoda.com
Romantza Mare(Kallithea)
  • Pool
All reviewsmikes barrhodes towngreek dancingfree air conentertainment times a weekplenty of sunbedsthree starrooms are basicbbq nightpool barlunch and dinnerten minute walkdressing tablewell worth a visitkalithea springsmain barcleaned every day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We have just came home from the Ka;ithea Sun and Sky I took my two grandchildren aged 8 and 11. Rhodes is a beutifull place and I have been going for a few years now. This time I was dissapoited for the following reasons:-
1. There was know entertainment for the children. There was games machines which was overpriced and so I spent a quite a lot keeping them entertained.
2. There was only entertainment for adults three times in the week, must say I have seen better.
3. The food was not very good, thankfully they had salad at every meal and we like salad.
4. The room was not very big and the bathroom was awful, the shower holder was broken so we had to wash ourselves then hose ourselves down. Wouldn't have a bath as it didn't look to good.
5. There wasn't any tea or coffee, thankfully I had bought a travelling kettle and brought a tin of coffee from the corner shop.
6. We couldn't put anything in the fridge as it frooze everything.
7. The safe boxes were downstairs and not in the rooms. Must admit though I did find that handy after a time.
8. Had a charge at the hotel on travellers checks. Be aware I didn't find any shop that would change them and the hotel charged 4 Euro in the 100Euro.
9. Wasn't much fruit mostly melon (which we do like) but it would have been nice to have a bigger variety as other hotels do.
The good points:-
1. Beautifull beach with plenty of marine life nearby.
2. The Roman Baths and the lovely Bay a short taxi drive away.
3. Rhodes Old Town is a lovely day out.(I did notice a child begging whih I did find quite distressing have not see this before)
4. The beutifull hot wrather and nice walks.
5. The staff were really good and did try. The rooms were kept clean but the sheets and towels were only changed three times a week.
All in all I have seen the effects of the Euro this year more so then any other year. It won't stop me going again but not to Kalithea Sun and Sky.

4  Thank MindyGreece
Reviewed 14 August 2011

We had booked 3* All inclusive accommodation. On arrival we were allocated 2 of the apartments (not within the hotel) for our party of 8 - could have cried! They were poorly maintained with cracked floor tiles (our 6 year old daughter fell within 5 mins and cut her foot), broken bath which was unsafe , and the stairs leading to the apartment were always slippy (which my husband fell down and cut his leg! - NOT A GOOD START, and certainly not 3* accommodation).. We complained to reception and were pleased that 1 family was re-located the next day to the hotel, and the other party, the following day. We found the staff to be very accommodating, helpful and pleasant, and following the shaky start, really enjoyed our holiday thereafter. We were disappointed, however, that there was no kids club or much entertainment at night - this could have made all the difference. Food was enjoyable and we always found something to eat.

Room Tip: Would not recommend allocation to the apartments - wouldn't even let my dog stay here!!
1  Thank Louise C
Reviewed 12 August 2011

Stayed 2 weeks end of july, me, mrs + 2 children.

Rhodes – fantastic weather, every day blue sky, it even was kind enough to rain 1 morning at around 3am, whilst we were all sleeping. Downside, everything ridiculously expensive due to euro crisis and greeks hiking prices. Eg. 45mins on banana boat ride for us was 70 euros

Hotel – great location, whilst not on beach, they were 15 mins away, choice of 3. bus rides to falaraki and Rhodes town no prob and we did boat trip to lindos (bit overrated as it was just a beach unless you wanted to climb a mountain in mid day sun to see coliseum). Stayed in basic room at back of hotel, no noise probs. Good mix of guests – mainly german and uk and Italian youngsters. Pool was ok, although I would suggest the manager gets the scum line in the toddler pool cleaned and the scum channel 4 ins wide round main pool had a sticky green layer on it (body fat)

Food – all fine, never had to wait for anything too long and quality was good. Plates and plastic cups a little tired, but otherwise ok.

Staff –again on the whole great. Manager note – you have a great asset in litka the Czech waitress, always a permanent smile on her face. Downmark was the head waiter elvis presserly haircut man, who had the superior job of taking guest room numbers. I saw him nearly come to blows with 1 chap and he then started making stroppy silly faces behind the guys back- very unprofessional. Elvis could do with a bit of aforementioned litkas charm rubbing off on him.

All in all, for what we paid more than happy with hotel, I would recommend to friends, but expect to pay big money for anything above and beyond in rhodes!

Room Tip: tap water drinkable. we used it for 2 weeks, no prob
3  Thank marty090567
Reviewed 12 August 2011

We have just returned from 2 weeks at Kalithea Sun and Sky and had a really good time. Had never been to Rhodes before but loved the Island and lots of lovely beaches/bays. Rhodes town definitely worth a visit and easy to get to by bus from the main road. Lindos also a good day out which we hired a car for and easy to get to. We also drove to 7 springs which is free and worth a visit and also only a bus ride away (or a long walk) is Kalithea Springs which has a lovely bay to swim in and great views! Also went to Jordan, Oasis and Antony Quin Bay - very scenic and enjoyed the swim.
The 2 local beaches are also lovely, the bigger bay by paradise hotel quite busy and the next about a 15 min walk which was quiet and great for snorkelling.

We were staying in the main hotel building which we found fine, simple but clean and comfortable. Air-con also works very well to keep cool in the night. Also hairdryer in the bathroom which apparently the bungalows dont have. Towels and sheets changed every 3 days and rooms cleaned well.

The pool was fine, never busy - very relaxing, and sunbeds always available. Also a grass area by the pool with trees to get in the shade which was nice. Table tennis next to the pool which we played on alot - as well as pool, volleyball and tennis.

We were all inclusive and found the food fine, some people moaning but its value for money! Breakfast was the same every day but they couldnt have put much else out, fry up, croissants/cake/bread, fruit, cereals and fruit juice/tea/coffee. Lunch and Dinner similar with a couple of main options with potatoes/chips/mash/rice and veg. (not always chips which some people moaned about). Also cold pastas/salad/tzatiziki etc. Few desserts and always jelly, water melon and ice cream.

Drinks were ok but my children missed the real coca-cola/pepsi but wasn't a problem. Several soft drinks and beer and wine at meals. Also from the bar cocktails and spirits, not a massive variety but once again not a problem.

There wasnt much entertainment, just Monday - Greek Dancing, Wednesday - karaoke (sounds cheesy but was actually quite good) and Friday - Singer and Guitar. Other nights we played cards or went for a walk but would have been nice to have some background music on those evenings.

Overall we really enjoyed our holiday and although there were little things that could have been improved its good value for money! If you want 5* pay 5* prices!

The hotel is also having a massive redevelopment at the end of the season to hopefully be ready by next summer to make it a 4*.

Reviewed 5 August 2011

We went as a couple and what we liked was:
1. Weather sunny & hot all the time.
2. Sea clear take a mask & snorkel to look at fish.
3. Rhodes walled old town, bars, shops, harbour & restaurants.
4. Boat trip to Lindos (pretty town) beware or walk to Acropolis its very steep and they now charge 6 euros each (not worth it) to get in do have lunch in one of the beach side restaurants average lunch price 8.50 euros.
5. Cleaning staff work hard to keep rooms & hotel clean.
6. Mythos beer good quality.
What was not good.
1. No safe in room and they charge 25 euros a week to use safe at reception.
2. Room very basic i.e clean bed, sheets, bathroom, cupboard and thats it no tea or coffee in room.
3. All inclusive ends at 11pm.
4. All inclusive spirits absolutely awful as are cocktails and suspect I would not advise drinking them.
5. Food basic and at best school dinners as a chef left overs are recycled i.e mixed veg is russian salad next sitting cold meats go on pizza, or carbonara.
6. Pool ok but beware pool extractor has a grill cover which young children can get their hand stuck in.
7. Plastic glasses for bar drinks I hate them and their old and worn I asked for a glass but they stopped using them as they were being broken.
8. Families beware No childrens entertainment and a swing and plastic play house's does not make it family friendly. (Paradise Village hotel nearby does do childrens entertainment and activities I checked it out when I was there)
9. Duty manager when we checked it was not very helpful quite rude and abrupt and when we asked about meal times he knew them and recited them verbally not offered a print out of the times.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple