All reviews rhodes town free air con rooms are very basic bbq night pool bar dressing table kalithea springs main bar cleaned every day beer and wine boat trip to lindos bars and restaurants plenty of choice all inclusive hotel enjoyable holiday family holiday damien

Hello,
My wife and I have just enjoyed two weeks,half board, in this hotel ( 3-17th august 2013). We stayed in room 218 ( and room 222 in 2012).
We cannot fault this hotel. Location is perfect. You are central to most of the islands best bits. I recommend car hire if you are able, as the whole island has many great things to see and explore.
Reading through a few of these articles people mention thin walls where they can hear next door showering etc..This is because the bathrooms have airs vents through to the next bathroom for ventilation. Not thin walls. They are made of solid concrete and tiling over that !!
Also, if you go self catering, you are housed away from the main building,so likely to get noise from traffic etc. Like everything in life.You get what you pay for.
Back to the main hotel area... The rooms are clean and you get a fridge/television and even a hairdryer. If you want to make a brew for yourself the receptionist will supply a kettle for no charge either.
The maids were pleasant and friendly.
The meals were fine and varied to cater for most nationalities. Dimitrie, the head waiter was very approachable and always acknowledged us,asking how we are doing etc ( "Not bad" Dimitrie ha ha !!)
The whole hotel is fine and a comfortable place to stay for your holidays and great value for money.The staff there could not be more helpful in catering to your needs during your stay.
I have been to Rhodes nine times, and this hotel twice.If it was as bad as some people say, all i would ask is..Why would someone return to the same hotel?
I would go next year but we really have to try somewhere different !!!

Room tip: Just ask reception. They will do their best to help if you are not happy in any aspect of your stay. They really do try (not like when you ask a shop assistant to look in the back for something you want,and you just know they are just standing behind them doors on their iphone,with no intention of looking.Then they come out and mutter "Sorry !"
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 18 August 2013

As a family of 5 and rooms not being big enough we specifically requested through the site we booked on that we were put next to each other, upon emailing the hotel they knew nothing about this as it had been put through to them as separate bookings. However, the hotel manager did his best to get us as close as he could and this we could not fault at all. The rooms were nice and cleaned to a high standard, what more can you ask for when they are simply used to sleep in. The hotel was fairly basic but again clean and the staff particularly the manager, maids and bar staff were very friendly and always happy to chat. The restaurant manager appeared a little on the strict side and we did witness two occasions where he shouted at guests, however, we were unsure what had happened so cant really comment too much on it. He was friendly enough with us and others but he didnt seem the type that you would want to fall out with particularly at the beginning of your holiday. The pool was nice but quite unusual as it varied in depth quite suddenly, overall clean as were the surrounding areas, never busy and always plenty of sunbeds. The only negative comment I can say about this hotel is the lack of variety of food and the poor quality of drinks included in all inclusive. Yes we managed to eat every day and I have to say they are catering for a range of nationalities, ie, british, russian, german, swedish and so on. However, there was literally just one stand of choices on for both lunch and dinner, the salad bar was very basic and the deserts were pretty basic too. Some days my son only ate cheese on bread rolls but again, I appreciate that children can be fussy and they are trying to cater for alot of different tastes. The drinks unfortunately were not up to much either, my children did not like any of the soft drinks which I found amazing as I have never experienced this in all my years of all inclusive. The alcoholic drinks available were pretty limited but as we only went for a week we made the most of it. Overall, the hotel is nice, the rooms are clean the staff are very friendly and helpful and the location is pretty good too. If they improved the food and drinks and put on a little more entertainment I would have rated it a '4' and would probably return but otherwise it would be just a 'hello' if I was to return to Rhodes again.

Room tip: The ground floor rooms dont have balconys and most are just a view of bushes, it feels a little like going into dungeons when getting the lift down as its below the hotel reception area
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank WirralKinny
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Just returned last night with my husband and we.ve had a fab holiday. All the staff we met were brilliant , Mike, Damien and Simon on the bar worked very hard but when you take the time to get to know them are really nice people and always had time for us. There didn.t seem to be many English while we were there but managed to mix with other nationalities very well and we met some really nice Italian lads( up the Vale )The food was mostly good only on a couple of occasions we could not really find anything that we liked but that is purely due to personal taste and I think that is why there is nearly always chips on because most nationalities like chips and would have something there to eat. If you want to sample real Greek food we asked the night reception man and he recommended a place called Gianni's (think that's how it was spelt) It is a bit of a treck up the hill across the square, head for the lit up church, turn left then ask one of the locals who are sitting outside . Well worth the walk (and I don't really do walking , Ladies wear flat shoes) they speak English but it's a bit hit and miss whether you get what you think you've ordered but sit back relax and you will enjoy it. Vagelis the manager of the Hotel is always pottering about and talking to his guests and staff and is very approachable. Our room was good, the mattress was hard but we asked for a mattress topper (you can also have extra pillows if needed) it came the next day and then it was fine, the décor in the bathroom is a bit strange but that is all about personal taste and was always clean. You do get what you pay for and we certainly had our money's worth. The tip I would give to anyone travelling here is to be nice to the staff and they will reciprocate and then some. Stop worrying about superficial things slip into the Greek way and you will enjoy this Hotel.

Room tip: After reading reviews I e-mailed the hotel 2 weeks before going and asked for the main building, I didn't get a reply but we were in the main building. I didn't see the other accommodation but we did meet people who had been put in there and asked to be moved which once again the Hotel did. It seems that if it is in their power to help with your request they will.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jenny c
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We travelled as a party of nine at the end of June - we were slightly dubious on reading the reviews after booking - however 1 week before we arrived we had a few queries and had to contact the manager - all I can say is how these issues were dealt with gave us ease in knowing we had made the right choice.

The rooms yes are a little dated however they were spotless and the maids were absolutely fantastic - we had a great rapport with these ladies even though neither of us could speak the other's language - they are a credit to this hotel.

The restaurant - what can I say about Stellios? Yes he can be a little abrupt on the offset however he has to deal with some very rude guests and some very slow staff - once you give yourself the time to get to know him he's a very sweet and caring guy and only wants the best for "his" restaurant. The food on the whole was ok - the salad bar was quite repetitive but there was always something for all 9 of us each day.

The pool - this was always clean and never had a problem with sun beds.

The bar - the guys here are great and don't understand why people think mike n Damien were rude - they always made conversation, you get out of people exactly what you put in - the people who wrote these slanderous reviews must be only rude themselves.

Unfortunately my daughter was diagnosed with chicken pox 4 days before we were due to return and we had to stay for an extra week - all I can say is, all of the staff here from the manager to the gardener (who also has a daughter called Hannah) were absolutely fantastic and I can not praise them enough.

I was sad to leave and will be returning in the future - these guys are great.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank them all!

Room tip: Brilliant service
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Chrisdude60
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

Visited sun and sky in July 2013 and shared a room with a close friend.
The rooms were what would be expected for the amount we paid. Very basic but always kept clean, air con system free. The only complaint regarding the rooms was that we only had access to two plugs which became a nightmare with two girls sharing a room with hair dryers and straighteners.
The food again was very basic but what to be expected for all inclusive and the price we paid for the hotel. The food is probably the best all inclusive experience we've had in Greece.
The bar and reception staff, and the student waiters were all very friendly. However the way the management spoke to the students in front of the customers was damn right degrading and uncomfortable to watch. As young kids they were completely humiliated in front of everyone for the most simple of mistakes. Found this to be very unprofessional!
Overall a good hotel with lots to do - tennis courts, table tennis, pool tablets, volley ball courts and of course a clean swimming pool area. Never a rush for sunbeds or overcrowded pool area.

Date of stay: July 2013