All reviews mikes bar rhodes town greek dancing free air con entertainment times a week rooms are very basic three star bbq night pool bar lunch and dinner dressing table ten minute walk kalithea springs well worth a visit main bar cleaned every day air hockey
Reviewed 1 September 2013

My partner and I stayed on the 22nd August 2013 for 1 week.
On arrival check in was prompt.
The room we were allocated was adequate and was spotlessly clean with the cleaners, cleaning, each day and changing the towels and linen three times a week. While we were here I needed a hair drier and iron recepton supplied these for the whole week with no extra charge.
We found the food to be excellent! Everyday was a different choice and we never had a problem and everyday we had a wonderful meal.
Breakfast
Different choice of breads, lots of different cereals, different sponge cakes, feta cheese and cheese and ham selection. Lots of different jams and honey. Fresh fruit with greek yoghurt. Hot selection was boiled eggs, fried or scrambled eggs, chips or potato choice, bacon, 2 different types of sausages, tomatoes. Most days there was croissants but one day they had eggy bread which was lovely.
Choice of coffee, tea, fruit juice, water and fizzy drinks.
Only down side to breakfast was that the toaster was very slow and only worked one side. Investing in a new toaster would be beneficial although there is lots of choices of bread so its not the end of the world.
We were always out for lunch but it is similar to the evening meal.
Choice of different soup everyday, Fresh bread, Salad bar with our favourite taziki with as much feta and edam cheese you can eat! Choice of at least 3 meat dishes and 1 fish dish. There was always a pasta choice with a different sauce each day. Potato choice and fresh vegetables. In addition to this 3 sweet dishes and 3 varieties of ice cream was always on offer. You would have to be a really fussy eater not to enjoy the food. I would also like to add that the food was beautifully seasoned and never bland. The staff were excellent and the tables were cleared promptly and always cleaned.
The wine and the beer in the restaurant is lovely (beer strong) and is on tap and you help yourself.
Soft drinks are the cheaper version but you get what you pay for as with anything.
There is a choice of 5 cocktails and found the tequila sunrise and green valley to be the best.
The reception staff are extremely helpful and offer advice on places to go. They are always happy to help with anything you need.
Things to do.
Main road is main bus route to Rhodes old town and falaraki. Lots of nice beaches kalthea beach is lovely and is 1.60 euro on the bus. Its 2.20 euro to get to Rhodes.
Rhodes old town what can I say it is magical you can feel the history! Lots of shops and markets, beautiful harour. The acropolis is worth a visit but its 5 euro on the bus we walked it instead and only took 20-30 minutes. There is a touist infomation shop in Rhodes that will give you free maps and advice on what to do.
Water park - Excellent can spend the full day there, lockers are 6 euro but you get 5 back when you return the key, bus there 1.60 euros with a free bus back, check times on the wall before you go in. There is a steep hill to climb ;-/. You dont need to take a packed lunch as the food in the park is reasonably priced, Debs top tip, Nachos were stunning, also the shop were you get the locker keys sells sandwiches which are extemely cheap
Motorbike Hire - Recommend you do this at least one of the days its £25 euros the roads are easy to ride and you can visit many places. Equally car hire if there are more of you.
Kalithea Springs - Costs 3 euro but if you get there early you can get really comfortable sunbeds with cushions. The beach and surrounding area is stunning with natural waterfalls. The toilets are excellent and there is a beautiful buildings and gardens to look around and plenty of shaded places to get out of the sun. If you dont get there early it is still worth the visit as there are other sunbeds all around the site. Food is expensive but if you pop out there is a van that sells beautiful sandwiches and hotdogs and the man is lovely.
Lindos is also beautiful its 50 mins away by car. Bus goes from Rhodes for 5 euro each way.
Lindos is very hot though so be prepared there are also a lot of hills to climb but the views are stunning.
This hotel is in an excellent location with local bars if you fancy a change. Maddussa bar had excellent cocktails.
Overall we had an excellent holiday we would reccommend this hotel and would definately return.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Debbie A
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My husband daughter aged 5 and I stayed here from the 7th August 2013 till the 21 August 2013.
All I can say is ignore the bad reviews.
We have an apartment in the gardens and although the room was basic it was clean and meet all our needs.
Food - limit choice but always found something to eat. BBQ are put on about 4 times while we were there.
Staff - all the staff were lovely and friendly. Stellios the dining room manager was lovely to my daughter and made a real fuss of her. My daughter loves warm milk and the hotel helped me get it for her at least in a morning and evening.
Rooms are cleaned every day and cleaners were really friendly.
The only downside to this hotel was nearby beaches. They are quite a walk and we only found 2. One was shingles and the other was sandy but about half hour walk. This was not really problem as my daughter wanted to stay by the pool most days.
I would recommend this hotel as a really great cheap place to stay. Couldn't really fault the hotel.
Very good location for access to Rhodes town and falariki. Bus run along the main road really regularly and are cheap, however if 4 of you are going to Rhodes or falaraki I would recommend a taxi and it would be faster and the same price as a bus.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank oakleylisa
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Me and my partner have just returned from here after staying for a week. I agree the rooms are pretty dated and basic but to be fair you only really use them for sleeping. The rooms were extremely clean so no problems there. Only problem was we only had one plug socket that was no where near the bedside table or the dressing table it was in a very random place, but wasn't a major issue. We both really enjoyed the food, sometimes there was a few things we didn't fancy or like but there was such a choice we always found something! (The different soups were lovely and a definant must try). The pool was always clean and never over crowded, we always managed to get a sunbed. The drinks on the all inc basis were limited and watered down but it couldn't have been to bad as we drank them all week. Staff were helpful and friendly. Its true theres not many english people but it wasnt a problem at all we met some lovely people! Overall we really enjoyed our stay and wpuld definantly go back again!!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Hello,
My wife and I have just enjoyed two weeks,half board, in this hotel ( 3-17th august 2013). We stayed in room 218 ( and room 222 in 2012).
We cannot fault this hotel. Location is perfect. You are central to most of the islands best bits. I recommend car hire if you are able, as the whole island has many great things to see and explore.
Reading through a few of these articles people mention thin walls where they can hear next door showering etc..This is because the bathrooms have airs vents through to the next bathroom for ventilation. Not thin walls. They are made of solid concrete and tiling over that !!
Also, if you go self catering, you are housed away from the main building,so likely to get noise from traffic etc. Like everything in life.You get what you pay for.
Back to the main hotel area... The rooms are clean and you get a fridge/television and even a hairdryer. If you want to make a brew for yourself the receptionist will supply a kettle for no charge either.
The maids were pleasant and friendly.
The meals were fine and varied to cater for most nationalities. Dimitrie, the head waiter was very approachable and always acknowledged us,asking how we are doing etc ( "Not bad" Dimitrie ha ha !!)
The whole hotel is fine and a comfortable place to stay for your holidays and great value for money.The staff there could not be more helpful in catering to your needs during your stay.
I have been to Rhodes nine times, and this hotel twice.If it was as bad as some people say, all i would ask is..Why would someone return to the same hotel?
I would go next year but we really have to try somewhere different !!!

Room tip: Just ask reception. They will do their best to help if you are not happy in any aspect of your stay. They really do try (not like when you ask a shop assistant to look in the back for something you want,and you just know they are just standing behind them doors on their iphone,with no intention of looking.Then they come out and mutter "Sorry !"
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 18 August 2013

As a family of 5 and rooms not being big enough we specifically requested through the site we booked on that we were put next to each other, upon emailing the hotel they knew nothing about this as it had been put through to them as separate bookings. However, the hotel manager did his best to get us as close as he could and this we could not fault at all. The rooms were nice and cleaned to a high standard, what more can you ask for when they are simply used to sleep in. The hotel was fairly basic but again clean and the staff particularly the manager, maids and bar staff were very friendly and always happy to chat. The restaurant manager appeared a little on the strict side and we did witness two occasions where he shouted at guests, however, we were unsure what had happened so cant really comment too much on it. He was friendly enough with us and others but he didnt seem the type that you would want to fall out with particularly at the beginning of your holiday. The pool was nice but quite unusual as it varied in depth quite suddenly, overall clean as were the surrounding areas, never busy and always plenty of sunbeds. The only negative comment I can say about this hotel is the lack of variety of food and the poor quality of drinks included in all inclusive. Yes we managed to eat every day and I have to say they are catering for a range of nationalities, ie, british, russian, german, swedish and so on. However, there was literally just one stand of choices on for both lunch and dinner, the salad bar was very basic and the deserts were pretty basic too. Some days my son only ate cheese on bread rolls but again, I appreciate that children can be fussy and they are trying to cater for alot of different tastes. The drinks unfortunately were not up to much either, my children did not like any of the soft drinks which I found amazing as I have never experienced this in all my years of all inclusive. The alcoholic drinks available were pretty limited but as we only went for a week we made the most of it. Overall, the hotel is nice, the rooms are clean the staff are very friendly and helpful and the location is pretty good too. If they improved the food and drinks and put on a little more entertainment I would have rated it a '4' and would probably return but otherwise it would be just a 'hello' if I was to return to Rhodes again.

Room tip: The ground floor rooms dont have balconys and most are just a view of bushes, it feels a little like going into dungeons when getting the lift down as its below the hotel reception area
  • Trip type: Travelled with family