I pride myself on being honest in my reviews so here goes. We went for 2 weeks in May 2013 for my daughters wedding at nearby Kalithea Spa which by the way is beautiful.
We wouldn't have chosen this hotel as it is very big and we prefer a smaller more intimate setting but as we were travelling for "purpose" with others we went.
Positives first-you will not meet better staff anywhere-without exception they were helpful, polite, friendly and knowledgeable-an asset to the company.
The food was outstanding -considering the size of the place the choice was very extensive and again the staff were brilliant-the only downside on the food was the way that some guests treated the facilities-dissrespectful,demanding, greedy and I have got to say this tended to be "nationality specific".
The rooms were spotlessly clean albeit basic and we were in a family room that needed updating -I think the word functional best fits
The all inclusive was fine and kept me and mine satisfied with constant drinks, ice creams etc so no complaints there.
The day entertainment was ok but I do question the need to have every activity accompanied by very loud music-no need!
The evening entertainment......hmmmm! Dancers were exceptional-Of the 3 singers Anna was very good-tall bloke was ok but the 3rd was a bit like Frankie Valli on speed.
The evening entertainment was varied and overall quite entertaining although not necessarilly in the way intended- (Michael Jackson meets Frankie Valli doing Thriller). I also know that they have a new entertainments manager-Indy-who seems to be shaking things up so fair play to her.
The DJ though was quite simply the worst DJ I have ever come across-only understood English when it suited him and insisted on playing Eurotrash 140 beats per minute remixes constantly-He is a definite weak spot.
Would I go again? To the island, its scenery and its people-Yes...To this hotel-If only for the staff and the food -Yes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This place is temporarily closed due to full reconstruction process. Amada Colossos Resort, a four star plus hotel, is a new colossal project in the island of Rhodes and is opening Summer 2017 to offer the ultimate experience of Ultra All Inclusive. With 699 luxurious rooms and suites and villas at the front of one of the most beautiful beaches in Rhodes. A worldwide gastronomical experience with 16 restaurants and bars including an authentic Greek, Italian and an Asian restaurants, 5 swimming pools, 2 mini clubs for children and one full-scale water park with 6 waterslides. Be the first to experience a holiday larger than life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Amada Colossos Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Louis Colossos Beach Faliraki
- Hotel Louis Colossos Beach
- Louis Colossos Beach Hotel
- Amada Colossos Resort Rhodes, Greece