I had never been to an all inclusive resort before and if I'm honest, I was skeptical. After hearing stories of buffets that consisted of chicken nuggets, luke warm "bolonaise" and endless lines I didn't have many expectations but the buffet aspect of the hotel turned out to be one of the best features. There was a wide selection of food that was refreshed regularly and was never cold. The food was tasty and had something for everyone there. The drinks were also strong and made with care.
We paid for an upgraded sea view room which I felt was well worth the money. The room was spacious and was decorated well - no rickety old wardrobes, all nicely fitted. We had an iron and a hair dryer included which was nice and the robes were lovely. Our balcony looked over the sea and again, this was very spacious.
The staff were fantastic, in particular the animation crew. Panda and Mitch were really great and really helped us have a good stay. Eleni and Maria are also wonderful members of staff.
We had a lovely stay at this resort, the only downsides were:
* You had to pay for the loungers at the private beach and also had to pay for food on the beach even though it's all run by the same resort.
* At times the restaurants were busy and it was difficult to get a table.
* No free wifi anywhere in the resort and no wifi at all in rooms? For a 4* resort it's unbelievable.
On the whole we did have a lovely time and it's only €12 by taxi to old/new rhodes town. You are within walking distance to the Kalithea springs which is also handy.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kalithea Horizon Royal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kalithea Horizon Royal Hotel Kalithea
- Horizon Royal Hotel Kalithea
- Horizon Royal Kalithea
- Kalithea Horizon Royal Rhodes, Greece