“A pleasure to stay there”

Novotel Manchester West
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Worsley
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 7 March 2014

From the moment I walked in the staff where brilliant, being helpful, courteous and friendly. they are a credit to the hotel from the receptionists, bar staff, restaurant staff and the housekeeping staff they were all equally as good.
I was with a group staying overnight for a concert and had thought it would be the average 3* but very pleasantly surprised. The bedrooms were large and an extremelly well lit bathroom and quiet.
Breakfast were excellent and a fantastic choice whilst sitting in a spacious restaurant with the tables not crammed too close together.
The only negative I have is the hotel signs are hardly visable when you have turned off the M60 after travelling northwards. My satnav told me I was there but I did not see the Novotel sign until I had driven past it and had turned round. It needs better signage from the M60.
I would definitely choice to stay privately at this hotel if I needed to again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Mike B, General Manager at Novotel Manchester West, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you very much for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Novotel Manchester West.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 23 February 2014

2nd stay at this hotel which is ideally located for m60, trafford centre etc. Room very spacious, comfy beds, nice bathroom. This stay was spoilt by noisey neighbours in the next room, making that much noise even hotel staff had to knock 4 times to be heard! That said hotel came straight down to sort and not their fault! That said we were woke up at 8am by housekeeping (do they not know who is in what room and when they check out) then at 8.30 then 9am. Very odd!!! Nice pub walking distance for cheap eve meal. Breky was nice plenty choice. Thought upon check out could have been asked how stay was but overall good hotel quiet location

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Mike B, General Manager at Novotel Manchester West, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thanks for your review. I am glad you had a good stay with us.

See you on your next trip hopefully!

Kind regards, Mike Britt

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Worth writing a review for.
Firstly i would like to thank the staff for being so friendly and helpful during my two days at this hotel.
The room was HUGE, with a lovely walk in wardrobe type area and bathroom with bath and shower.
I do have one problem that the air-con was broken during my stay but i was offered a fan to cool down the room a little bit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Mike B, General Manager at Novotel Manchester West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Many thanks for your kind review. I am glad my team made your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 31 January 2014

My Husband and I arrived at the Novotel Manchester West at around 11am not expecting to have a room ready to check in to at this time. We explained we were visiting for a funeral and had to be at the funeral for 11.40am, expecting only to drop our luggage off but they allowed us entry to our room.

We came back from the funeral late afternoon and stayed in the room until we went out to eat on the evening at the local pub next to the hotel.

The hotel room was clean, the bed was king sized and comfy and the room also had a two seater sofa which was a nice bonus as most hotels I have stayed at usually only have one chair by the dressing table. The TV was a modern large flat screen too.

I have to say the breakfast we had was one of the best I have had. The food was all freshly cooked and displayed perfectly. There was ample hot cooked breakfast items to choose from as well as the selection of pastries, cheese, salami, cereals and juices. Was absolutely scrummy. The sausages were quality sausages and not cheap bulk buy sausage, the bacon was thick cut and perfectly cooked and the mushrooms were cooked in butter I think.....delicious! I have to say one thing that did please me at breakfast though was the glasses for the fruit juice......most hotels I have visited have 'egg cup' sized glasses for the juice......these were proper sized glasses.

The staff were all pleasant, well groomed and made our stay a pleasurable one.

Will have no hesitation in visiting this hotel again when in the Manchester area and will recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail1969
Mike B, General Manager at Novotel Manchester West, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Mike B, General Manager at Novotel Manchester West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Firstly worth mentioning that our original booking was for 4 people (2 couples) but one couple could not make it for (serious) health reasons. The hotel was fabulous (thank you Tina) in that they were very understanding and organised us a refund for the couple that could not attend.

This was our second visit to the hotel on a New Years Eve bash and wont be the last. Once again the entire stay was an absolute pleasure. Lovely warm rooms, hot shower, relaxing in the room and getting ready for the party. Love the fact that you can plug your mp3 player (my iPhone in this case) to the TV so you can enjoy a bit of music whilst getting ready - it's even piped into the bathroom via a separate speaker which is well quirky.

The party was again a great success. The room was dressed very smartly by Roz and all the guests were fed with almost military precision ran by just two very pleasant members of staff. We were all done by 9.30pm and so fully able to enjoy the music and dancing until the early hours.

Had a great nights sleep (nothing to do with the booze!!!) and turned up for breakfast at about 10.30am to find the same members of staff on duty, still very pleasant and still very efficient. There was a short wait for a table but this was not a problem as we could see how busy the place was.

Tempted to say the experience was rotten to deter a rush for places next year but this would be wrong. I'll be booking again as soon as possible.

Room Tip: They're all good.