“Conference Stay”

Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Worsley
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Had a one night stay here the night before a conference to avoid a long early morning drive from Hull.

Arrived at 9pm so I was unable to appreciate the grounds on arrival. Very friendly and efficient welcome from staff at reception.

Had a second floor room. Despite what I had read here I never asked for a "room with a view" and ended up with a view of a court yard and the gym windows. Room was a fair size, clean and well presented. Big king size bed with lots of pillows so was very comfortable. Had read reviews warning about noise but it really wasn't a problem. Had a good nights sleep. Only gripe is terrible mobile coverage in the room. No signal at all - had to go into the car park to ring home. There is no Wi-Fi in the room either - free or otherwise.

Breakfast was very nice - good quality and lots of it. Staff in the restaurant were excellent and helpful. Lovely setting and great views out of the window. Before the conference started took the opportunity to have a walk. Lovely grounds to wander around for half an hour.

Conference room was a bit warm. Again Wi-Fi problems. The free Wi-Fi didn't work at all and I couldn't find anyone to give me a code for the conference Wi-Fi. Ironically it was in an IT conference. In 2014 this really needs to be sorted - everyone sat with iPads and laptops were complaining that they couldn't get online. Can't complain about the food and drink in the breaks and at lunchtime - again excellent quality.

Overall a very nice stay - one I hope to repeat. Very relaxing but the Trafford Centre is a short drive away if you want it.

Just sort out the Wi-Fi

Room Tip: Will definitely try to get a room with a view of the golf course next time - having seen how nice it...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,219)

Reviewed 15 April 2014

My family stayed here on a pre wedding golf break and I can't praise this hotel enough. Great rooms (welcome cup cake is a nice touch). First hotel I've ever stayed in that has a great selection of magazines in the room - wish more would do this. The staff cannot be praised highly enough, excellent, friendly service. My husband needed access to a computer to get a visa to senegal, he spent so much time behind the concierge desk that I thought he had a new job, the best men were also allowed to type up and print out their speeches. Many thanks to the reception staff for their exceptional help.

Also, the food was very good, not always the case in these big hotels. Breakfast could not be faulted, and I have to agree with an earlier review - it certainly was the best Cosmopolitan I've ever had (and I've had a few).

It was a pleasure to stay here and we hope to do so again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Our second stay at this hotel and it was just as good as out last visit. Comfortable room with comfortable bed and pillows.

A word of warning. This hotel majors on wedding receptions and it can get very busy in the car park and the bar.

Yummy full english breakfast set me up for the day

Room Tip: Rooms on the 4th floor have their own dedicated lift
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at the Marriott for two days attending a conference.

The check in staff were very welcoming and made sure that you knew where everything was located.

The executive room was very spacious, well appointed and the bed extremely comfortable. All the meals were very good. My only minor grubble, being top marks for free wifi in the public areas, but £ 15 /day if you want to use the wifi in the room is unacceptable in this day and age.

Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

My husband & I stayed here on 5th April 2014 for a weekend without the kids,it was everything we hoped for. Lovely room, comfy bed, fab spa, the best cosmopolitan I have ever had, we were spoilt for choice at breakfast. We will 100% go back here!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank melissap31
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Myself and my husband attended a large function at the Worsley Marriot this weekend. Although we live very close to the hotel it was my first visit and I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel itself is quite beautiful, the staff are very polite, professional and friendly and our room was brilliant. We decided to stay overnight and treat ourselves and I was glad we did. Our room had a super king sized bed, patio doors (it was on the ground floor), was plenty big enough for a short stay, and was nicely decorated and spotlessly clean. A larger bath would have been nice but that's only on the wish list.
I have attended many similar functions at different hotels and I have to say the food is usually average when the staff have so many to cater for. However, the food at the Marriot was really good. Only one person on our table got a tough piece of beef, everyone else was almost licking their plates! When there are 200 people to cater for this is no mean feat.. Service was great and again the staff couldn't be faulted.
We didn't use the pool/gym but we do intend to come back and make use of these facilities.
The reason I haven't given this hotel 5*s is due to the fact that you have to pay a ridiculous amount for Wi-fi (there is no free Wi-fi anywhere in the hotel), and also the price of both food and drink on the bar/restaurant menu is too high. I know it's Worsley and it's a nice hotel but people don't like to be charged £25.00 for a bottle of wine that costs £5 in the supermarket. When we return we won't be eating in the hotel for this reason. It wouldn't however, stop us from returning.
Overall, a lovely stay!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The property is in a beautiful setting and first impressions were very favourable. Check in was friendly and efficient. Slippers and dressing gowns were soft and fluffy which made them a pleasure to wear, not like the stiff ones that you often get in other hotels. Rooms on the top, fourth floor have additional amenities of air conditioning and i-pod docks which other rooms and suites do not have. They are also much quieter than rooms on other floors due to the lack of noise from above.

We had a couple of problems whilst staying here which we would consider quite serious. However, once staff were informed, management were immediately involved and handled the whole situation in a very professional and competent manner. Had it not been for this our rating would have been much lower. A special thank you must be said to the young man who initially handled our complaints (I think his name was Peter?) and Bernard, Director of Operations to whom they were referred.

Other than these issues, in our opinion, rooms including the bathrooms are a little dated but others may like the traditional, country feel to them. Marriotts are not our first choice when away from home and it has been a while since our last visit to one so we were disappointed to discover that minibar facilities have now been withdrawn at Marriotts. Evening turndown service was literally that - the bed was turned down. We were expecting a more comprehensive service where the room is given a basic tidy and amenities replaced. It is also a little odd that there is no path for pedestrians to walk on when leaving the property, meaning that you have to walk on the driveway. It is possible that there is another way in/out that we didn’t notice, but we encountered several other people doing the same thing and there are signs for the motorist to watch out for them!

Having said all this, it is the staff that make a property and you can often overlook any let-downs when that’s right, which it most definitely was. We would stay again if the need arose.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms are quieter and have air conditioniting and i-pod docks.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worsley
Novotel Manchester West
#4 of 20 in Salford
AC Hotel Manchester Salford Quays
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays

Been to Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!