“Lovely hotel with fantastic breakfast”

Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Worsley
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel with fantastic breakfast”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my mum while visiting the Coronation Street tour. The hotel was lovely and bright and the rooms were of a high standard. Beds were super comfy and pillows were fab. I tend to take my own pillows when I go away but didn't have to use them here. At £198 for 2 nights with breakfast included I think this is a bargain for what you get. Would definitely recommend it and would stay again. The only disappointment was I booked the room on an advance purchase rate and thought I had paid in April when I booked it. When we arrived I was told payment had not gone through so therefore had to pay then and there for it, which I was not expecting and the same had happened to the guy in front of me. It would have been courteous to let me know at the time of booking that it had not gone through, but nevertheless we had a fab stay in a fab hotel and a great weekend overall.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kirsty96

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night on Sunday Driver package with 31 other society golfers. Arrived at 1pm too early for rooms but checked in promptly and given 20% discount card.
Played a round of golf on a thoroughly enjoyable and tidy course. Enjoyed a couple of post golf drinks at pub prices £3.10 a pint) before going to rooms. Our room (207) was nest and tidy with two double beds and everything we needed.
Three course dinner choice was excellent. Wine after discount was £20 a bottle, so fairly reasonable. Main course was just warm and lacking fresh vegetables which seemed to appear at other end of table and finished before reaching our end. Sweet was perfect.

Next days breakfast choice was superb with great choice of yoghurts cereal and fruit plus of course the usual cooked English.

Golf good as before and snack fish and chips after lovely.

Overall, pretty good and a place and deal I would certainly recommend and even return again.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Yorkshire1245
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

On a recent business trip I booked into this hotel, not for the first time. The reception staff and restaurant/ bar staff were polite and friendly as they have been before. The surroundings are glorious. However my visit to the Leisure club this visit was disappointing. There was a very large build up of 'grit' at one end of the swimming pool, (I later found out it was at the end near the golf changing rooms). There were also no tissues in the changing rooms, resulting in previous users make up products left on the surfaces by the mirrors. And what happened to the roll of paper that used to be in the toilets / changing room area. People were having to use toilet roll if they needed tissue.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sue_175
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Great staff particularly bar restaurant, breakfasts very efficiently run, massive range of foods available ,booked last minute, room perfect..hotel interiors lovely and relaxing, a very busy hotel, but clearly has no impact on service.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DIETDUCKS
Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Booked a weekend for my partners birthday dinner bed and breakfast, only arriving to our suite it was lovely and a special treat of a birthday cake and balloons awaited us. Great location with lovely grounds and bar terrace. We would however only return on bed and breakfast basis as the food for lunch and dinner was poor with service really slow. On sat night in restaurant they gave excuse of large parties in for our 45 min wait for starters, it's not my concern how many other people you have in hotel I am a customer too and expect great service. Then the steak was wrong type we ordered and so fatty we couldn't eat it! On Sunday night in golf club the food was good however the fish was undercooked. Breakfast was lovely however. On checking out I was overcharged for dinner and when I said this I didn't even get an apology, the manager Vicky on duty was certainly grumpy. I would stay at hotel again as lovely location however miss the food out.

Room Tip: Junior suite ground floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alison K
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Impressed with staff on telephone whilst booking and on our arrival
Lovely hotel ,found it clean ,welcoming and overall a lovely enviroment .
Room was a good size well equipped ,apart from the fact that we drink more tea than allocated ,But asked at reception and received more .
My only real really problem was Pillows although lots of them were too soft for me ,but Bed was large and comfy .
Despite being i presume near full ,with weddings etc taking place we found the hotel calm and relaxing ,Yes drinks are above average price but food reasonable and well cooked ,presented and served without a long delay .
Hope to be able to go again shortly

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank batoutofcley
Clitheroe
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

For a break including golf if you play,this is a great location for a break.
Rooms on the fourth floor were excellent and some nice personal touches made it all the more enjoyable.Golf course is in good nick,and has some challenging holes making it a good test of your skills.
Food ,bar and staff all enjoyable and can recommend this hotel for a great relaxing break.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Peter B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worsley
Novotel Manchester West
King Street Townhouse
King Street Townhouse
#1 of 116 in Manchester
Holiday Inn Express Manchester - Salford Quays

Been to Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!