“Great Business Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Worsley
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Great Business Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I spent two nights at this hotel while on business in Manchester. I was impressed when i turned into the drive of the hotel, It is a lovely setting just minutes of the motorway. I found the reception staff very pleasant and helpful. My room was comfortable and had all that i required. I used the pool and sauna which is of a good standard.Following my stay i have booked a weekend break for my family later in the year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Manchester .UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

went for a girls trip, really had great time,room was good for the two of us, some rooms have a patio,.but all are OK. walked around the ground, fantastic, also golf course on the premises.18 holes I was told.The gym was brilliant, great pool, and good equipment, plus really helpful staff.We did not have dinner at the hotel, but friends did and said it was really good value, (from the specials i think). Breakfast was great, help yourself, and was included in our rate, Drinks on expensive side, but a member of the marriott club showed her card, and big discounts, so drinks were great value.I think it was a gym card she had, so make sure you take yours, or borrow one, from marriott gym member, Went to :Georges: nearby for some drinks, that was great, also Old hall nearby, We ate at restaurant, Danielles at walkden, fantastic. 5 mins away in taxi,15/20 mins walk back, as downhill. all in all really nice weekend break, and finished in the swimming pool, which again is excellent.

Room Tip: ask for room , with patio, and maybe join marriott travel , its free and you get points ever time yo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Penrith, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely weekend at this hotel, staff were friendly enough, room was fantastic, only disappointment was breakfast on our 2nd morning, we were rushed in the side room where we were told to help ourself to tea and coffee on the big table in the middle of the room ( the previous morning we had it brought to our table) 1 pot of tea was brought between 30 odd people!! So we had to keep waiting for them to bring more. They were not very fast at replenishing the food on the buffet either, which was a total contrast from the previous morning, although we did appreciate that it was incredibly busy! Would certainly go back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bernard W, Jan L at Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Kathryn R

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay at Marriott Worsley Park. We are sorry to learn of the problems you experienced with the breakfast service on your 2nd morning this has been highlighted to the Food & Beverage team.

We are delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay and will consider returning to us in the future.
Weedon Bec, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The hotel is just a few minutes off the motorway, set within its own grounds - 200 acres. I am not interested in golf but I understand it has its own 18hole championship course.The reception staff were OK - standard Eastern European cold efficiency - does no-one teach them how to smile?? The room was excellent and I was able to check in straight away. I was there for a pamper day and to use the spa so started off in the Leisure Club and used the cardiovascular equipment, free weights etc. Then I went for a swim in the indoor pool and used the steam room, sauna and whirlpool - all crowded even on a weekday. I had then planned to have a bite to eat before going to the Spa of Senses as I had done when visiting previous spas but had to get dressed again as the restaurant is used by the golfers - all male and they have clearly never seen a single woman eating alone before and neither have the staff. A most uncomfortable and disappointing experience. The food was poorly presented and tasteless and I had to wait so long for my pudding I had to cancel it in the end as I was due in the spa for my treatments. The spa was OK but with a grand name like the Spa of Senses I expected more although the treatments I had - facial and massage - were excellent. As I had missed pudding I ordered another one on the way back to my room and again the staff looked at me as though I were something from outer space - a woman on her own?? Again I had to wait a long time and the ice cream was melted which make me wonder if it is the waiting staff who have the problem as the kitchen clearly has the food ready in time. So the main question - would I go again? Sorry but no.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Bubbles73uk
Dunblane, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This hotel is a 4* establishment and looks and feels like a 4*. It has beautiful grounds, a lovely courtyard, welcoming reception area, well proportioned rooms and a great sized swimming pool. We had adjoining rooms, nos 100 and 102 on the ground floor. 100 had 2 double beds and 102 had a king size bed. Room 100 had patio doors opening out to a reasonably private garden area. Room 102 had windows that could be kept open as they didn't open too far. This made sleeping at night comfortable in 102. As the patio door in 100 had to be kept locked, the room was that bit warmer. Both rooms had 2 armchairs with a table and chair, cupboard unit with flat screen tv & tea/coffee facilities. Both bathrooms were clean and well stocked.

The breakfast was a buffet style with a very large choice. At weekends you can have a waffle made to order; during the week you have to make do with asking for pancakes. Some of the staff in the restaurant were very friendly and helpful.

Other reviews have commented on being able to hear your neighbour if you have an adjoining room and I can see what they mean. With the door between the rooms closed, we could hear each other quite clearly; I wouldn't want an adjoining room with a stranger next door.

The hotel was well placed for us to the west of Manchester as we visited Castlefield, Salford Quays, Trafford Park, Trafford Centre, MOSI and Wales.

I think the hotel do try hard to give their guests a positive experience. They were very willing to move us if we didn't like our rooms. They need to work on the little things. I asked reception not to provide one of the rooms with a complimentary newspaper as we didn't need 2. This only worked the next day. They had to be told again. I also asked them to let housekeeping know not to disturb the pile of pillows on one of the beds. Again, this message only got through once and we got back the next day to discover housekeeping had tidied up the pillows.

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel until our final night. We presume it was wedding guests and accept the hotel has no way of knowing who will be staying but there was a group of people who showed a complete lack of respect for fellow guests and talked, laughed, shouted, banged on doors and slammed doors until 3.15 in the morning. When we mentioned this on checking out we were told they'd had a lot of complaints and even security had been unable to get them to stop. As this happened on our last night it spoilt my overriding memory of our holiday and this hotel.

As far as I'm concerned you don't stay in a 4* hotel and expect to endure guests who have no idea how to behave and use the place as their own personal drunken playground. It is because of this and the little details that the hotel only gets 3 *s from me. Sorry Marriott.

The receptionist was very apologetic about the guests' behaviour and assured us the manager would phone. If he does and offers recompense I'll come back and let you know.

Update - The manager phoned and apologised. He offered us suitable recompense. As the recovery was good I've upgraded my rating to 4 *s.

Room Tip: Ensure your ground floor room has windows and not a door. Unless you're using the intercontect...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while visiting the area. Couldn't fault anything, had a lovely meal in the courtyard at night, great breakfast the next morning. Will definitely try and come back for a longer stay soon and try out the leisure club...hopefully the weather will be as good!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jake145
Newport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

First time stay at this hotel for me on a two day golf break with evening meal and breakfast.Cannot find fault with the whole package,the food and accomodation was excellent.The staff were very helpful and the rooms were very clean and tidy.
We all enjoyed the golf and the course was very nice (weather was great which helped) to play.
I am sure we will be going back for another break and i can highly recommend staying here for a golf break or if you need a base while in the area.

Room Tip: This being my first stay the room i had was very good.It was on the third floor and there was no out...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bernard W, Jan L at Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Dave H

Thank you for taking time to post your review and for choosing the Worsley Park A Marriott Hotel & Country Club following your recent golfing trip and the weather during your stay was kind to you. We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for the recommendation

We look forward to welcoming you back to us in the very near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worsley
Novotel Manchester West
King Street Townhouse
King Street Townhouse
#1 of 115 in Manchester
Premier Inn Manchester Salford Central Hotel

Been to Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!