Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
1,277 results
All reviewsgolf courseleisure facilitiessteam roomtwo double bedstrafford centrechimney barlovely hotelgolf clubwedding partybeautiful groundsreception staffpublic areasbuffet stylebreakfast was excellenta lovely staylovely roomsaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Disappointed as I am a frequent hotel stayer due to business, but this was a quite night away not to far from home.
I use the Marriott at Worsley for business so I was looking forward to my first stay.
Checked in no problem, then off we go to the room which I paid extra to upgrade on my booking as I wanted the exec room and features, only to find the room I had been allocated had people in it, which was very awkward when I let myself in with the room key! Don't expect that in a Marriott.
Trudged back to reception to be told they had overbooked and the room I had booked I could not have, and they DOWNGRADED me, that's a first in all my years of stopping in hotels, a downgrade, again I wouldn't expect that from a Marriott!
To be fair the reduced my room rate by £25 but had I of know I would have booked somewhere else.
Had room service which was absolutely excellent, as was breakfast in the morning.
All very very good with the exception of the 'downgrade' and as for the £25, I won't comment on that, it was getting on and we were not going to look for another, but this is poor for a Marriott. I will certainly use and recommend Marriotts as they are excellent, just a pity this occasion wasn't quite what I booked.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you book, they double book the room (or did with me at least)
1  Thank hubz72
Bernard W, Manager at Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience with us here at Worsley Park, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. Please contact me directly when you are ready to make your plans to visit us again, I would like to meet you and make sure we make this up to you.

I would still like to speak with you regarding your experience and would welcome you to contact me, please once again accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Bernard W

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed here one night as it was relatively close to Manchester airport.
Staff were very busy when we checked in due to two large weddings being held on the night however were very attentive despite being flat out.
Rooms are extremely small however bed was nice and pillows superb.
Concierge was extremely helpful and provided maps and areas of interest efficiently.
Did not get a chance to eat at the Hotel
The only real negative is that with the cost of the room it should include WiFi however Marriott must use the WiFi to increase revenue

Reviewed 9 August 2014

.....and as we are from out of town, stayed two nights here. Rooms are excellent, much more spacious than we expected, really comfy beds. We went out for dinner close by, as we were meeting other relatives from another hotel. We all had a great get together in the bar pre-wedding and after midnight too. Staff were excellent.
Breakfasts on both mornings were great. Fabulous surroundings and golf course if that's your thing.
We would certainly consider staying here if we were flying from Manchester Airport in the future as it's not that far away.

Room Tip: Mobiles only worked in reception area or outside
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BaxterFamily
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

after an exciting morning shopping for an outfit for my daughters wedding we decided to celebrate by having lunch here as it looked such a lovely place. we seated ourselves and then after 10 minutes without anybody approaching us we went to the bar to order drinks and ask for menus. we were given menus and told that somebody would come to the table to take our drinks order. A further 10/15 minutes passed and we went back to the bar to order drinks and we're again told to go back to our seat and somebody would come. A waiter came a few minutes later and apologised saying they had a funeral reception in another room and that's why they were busy We ordered our lunch and the drinks. The drinks arrived some 20 mins later with the waiter asking "would you like me to open your wine" and then "would you like me to pour it for you". The food arrived over half an hour later. The wine was decidedly average and the food marginally better. you would assune that the extortionate prices are for the service but on this occasion it was non existent Staff seemed very poorly trained to be working in a restaurant of such caliber. could definately do better.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us here at Worsley Park, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club. I apologize that your recent visit to Chimney Bar was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. On your next visit we would like to do something special for you.

Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Bernard W

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed 2 nights as was visiting a venue in Manchester so opted to stay out of the centre.This was a good choice and would stay here again if in the area ,the reception staff were all very helpful and our room was pleasant and spotless.
The swimming pool was excellent and not overcrowded although it has a lot of members .
Breakfast was better the first morning but only because there were fewer people and the staff had time to serve us tea and coffee whereas the second morning you helped yourself but people kept wandering off with the pots to their tables also with the milk but that is the thoughtlessness of guests .
Bed was very comfy and bedding of good quality. Ice machines situated on all floors didnt work very well but a phone call to reception was dealt with straight away and ice delivered