“Good standards as expected”

Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Worsley
Preston, United Kingdom
“Good standards as expected”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We had a brief family visit here & as expected the Marriot provided good standards all round.
We checked in with friendly receptionists only to find our room (227) had been prepared for two guests not four. After a call to reception this was soon rectified with a suitable apology...we all make mistakes, it's they are rectified that matters.
The room was spacious, clean & tidy with plenty of tea/coffee, biscuits etc.
The swimming pool, sauna, steam room etc we're all a welcome distraction from our busy working lives.
We didn't eat there so can't comment on that side of things.
All told a pleasant location, reasonably close to Manchester city centre...well worth a visit.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed with my family in this hotel for one night.Iusually prefer to stay in Marriott for my offical and un official visits with my collegues and family.
I had worst experience this time when I stayed at this hotel.
Check in time was 1400 Hrs.When I reached there with my family at 1600Hrs,the room was not ready and we have to wait 1hour and 30 min in the lounge.For this high class hotel this was very disappointing.
I requested for 2 double beds but they offered me only one double bed.I called the room booking before leaving and requested for 2 double beds.
Finally after argument I got room with 2 double beds.
The cleaning spaecially of the toilet was extremly poor and it was so smelly that my son started vomiting.
There was nor air con only one table fan and was not enough.
It was quite suffocating in that room ,we have to open the window.
My wife asked for the sugar and were provided with only 4 small sachets!
Overall experience to stay at Marriott this time was Extremely Extremely DISAPPOINTING.
This trip ruined the enjoyment of kids to stay at Marriott.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ghulam Q
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed for two nights on what had to have been two of the hottest nights in the UK! However, there was no air conditioning, only an open window and a table fan. For a hotel of this stature this was disappointing. To add to our discomfort, the ice machine was broken however the Staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and accommodating and brought ice to our door.

All of the amenities were up to the usual Marriott standards and the breakfast buffet was superb.

Room Tip: Only stayed in one room so unsure of helpful tips
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CathySpain2013
Bernard W, Manager at Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us here at Worsley Park, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued guest; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. As a gesture of our good will, we would like to offer a complimentary upgrade for your next stay. Please contact me directly when you are ready to make your next reservation.

Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.
Ballymoney, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stay here very frequently & are delighted that you have listened to some of us regulars &!) included free wifi in the rooms for Silver members.Unfortunately whilst we are pleased it continues to irk generally & spoiling otherwise great reviews.Perhaps this too will be reconsidered as you are definitely not a budget hotel.Again we had a fabulous stay & even though the hotel has several sporting groups & weddings,things ran smoothly.
The staff are friendly & many are there for a long time,which I always feel is a good sign.it is very handy to motorways & Manchesters attractions & another lovely meal in The dining rooms.Scallops & suckling pig is delicious,& don't forget the hand cut chips-yummy !
See you next month!

Room Tip: We love cobbles rooms.wifi free in public areas & in rooms for Marriott silver +.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2014

On arrival the receptionist was most friendly and I was allowed to check in early.

However when going to pay, the bill was £96.00, despite my booking saying £85.00. I mentioned this and the lady said it was £96.00 due to advanced booking. I got my phone out, checked the email and it confirmed it was £85.00. The lady honoured this and asked me to forward the email for their records.

The room was lovely and we received the extras we had requested. The view of the gardens was beautiful too.

I personally think wifi should be free, but this was not the case in the rooms.

I would certainly go back, but as above, would be careful when going to pay - checking the amount!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a couple of nights. Lovely hotel , great room and food first rate. Totally spoiled by a completely out of date policy of fleecing guests for wifi. Considering the cost of the stay, to do a ryanair and charge for wifi is dreadful and it's highly unlikely we'll do Marriot again until they enter the 21st century.

Shame on you

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Comfortable rooms, nice shower, tea and coffee making facilities were great (including to go cups which came in handy upon checkout)

The staff had also provided happy anniversary balloons and cake for us, which was very nice and showed that they look at additional requests upon reservation.

There was a wedding party on at the same time as our visit, and i didn't feel like they had taken over or were affecting the relaxing nature of the stay.

Seating area outside to have a pint was lovely, very relaxing and with the sun out, it made it a very nice spot.

However, three criticisms (and they all relate to ££):

1. Breakfast costs was ridiculous, to the point where we bought some fruit from a local shop and ate in our room.
2. Charging £15 per 24hrs for Wi-fi is ludicrous - it's 2014!
3. Drinks were also very expensive. Before going out for food, myself and my partner had two pints and two glasses of red wine. Total cost was £23. I appreciate the hotel should charge extra, but I felt that £23 was incredibly expensive.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay, but, if we were to return, i'm sure we'll be loading our suitcase with a case of beer, a bottle of wine and some breakfast (all of which will probably be bought for less than £23! :p)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worsley
Novotel Manchester West
ibis budget Manchester Salford Quays
The Midland
The Midland
#14 of 118 in Manchester

Been to Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!