“Decent hotel but very expensive for incidentals”

Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Worsley
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed for one night during a two day event with work. Really handy location and very tidy hotel. Drinks at the bar very expensive, especially for a diet coke drinking tea totaller like me! We had a private dining room on th evening of our stay and whilst the steak I had was good the menu we had to choose from was poor. We had all pre-chosen in advance of our stay, again menu choice pretty poor, but when we arrived the hotel said that menu had been too extensive and gave us a more limited one - not great customer service. The lunches and breakfast were buffet style and were pretty good - certainly served the purpose. The team who looked after us during the day and especially in our dining room were very good, apart from one lad who got into a debate with one of our number - not clever.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank mutsnuts01
There are newer reviews for Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Just had two nights at the Worsley Park. This is a lovely hotel set in its own golf course, with swimming pool and spa facilities. There are three restaurants to chose from to eat.
The swimming pool changing area is spotless as are the bedrooms and the hotel throughout. Staff so very helpful and friendly.
We were asked when we booked in if we would like to prepay for breakfast which we did costing us £10 instead of £16. Breakfast consisted of everything and anything that you wanted covering both Continental and English all fresh and delicious. We ate in the Sports Bar one evening, service excellent and food good. We took the grandchildren to see the Manchester United Stadium and tour and they stayed in an adjacent bedroom to ours, having a double bed each!
I have stayed at this hotel before a few years ago and for us it is the best hotel to stay in Manchester and the icing on the cake for my grandson the Chelsea team had been staying as they were to play Burnley on Monday night! although hasten to add he is a Manchester United supporter! Think a lot of the football teams stay in this hotel before any local games as it is in such a private location.
Great hotel we will be back.

Room Tip: Twin rooms are larger
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a brief family visit here & as expected the Marriot provided good standards all round.
We checked in with friendly receptionists only to find our room (227) had been prepared for two guests not four. After a call to reception this was soon rectified with a suitable apology...we all make mistakes, it's they are rectified that matters.
The room was spacious, clean & tidy with plenty of tea/coffee, biscuits etc.
The swimming pool, sauna, steam room etc we're all a welcome distraction from our busy working lives.
We didn't eat there so can't comment on that side of things.
All told a pleasant location, reasonably close to Manchester city centre...well worth a visit.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed with my family in this hotel for one night.Iusually prefer to stay in Marriott for my offical and un official visits with my collegues and family.
I had worst experience this time when I stayed at this hotel.
Check in time was 1400 Hrs.When I reached there with my family at 1600Hrs,the room was not ready and we have to wait 1hour and 30 min in the lounge.For this high class hotel this was very disappointing.
I requested for 2 double beds but they offered me only one double bed.I called the room booking before leaving and requested for 2 double beds.
Finally after argument I got room with 2 double beds.
The cleaning spaecially of the toilet was extremly poor and it was so smelly that my son started vomiting.
There was nor air con only one table fan and was not enough.
It was quite suffocating in that room ,we have to open the window.
My wife asked for the sugar and were provided with only 4 small sachets!
Overall experience to stay at Marriott this time was Extremely Extremely DISAPPOINTING.
This trip ruined the enjoyment of kids to stay at Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Ghulam Q
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed for two nights on what had to have been two of the hottest nights in the UK! However, there was no air conditioning, only an open window and a table fan. For a hotel of this stature this was disappointing. To add to our discomfort, the ice machine was broken however the Staff at the hotel were extremely helpful and accommodating and brought ice to our door.

All of the amenities were up to the usual Marriott standards and the breakfast buffet was superb.

Room Tip: Only stayed in one room so unsure of helpful tips
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CathySpain2013
Bernard W, Manager at Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with us here at Worsley Park, A Marriott Hotel & Country Club. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued guest; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future. As a gesture of our good will, we would like to offer a complimentary upgrade for your next stay. Please contact me directly when you are ready to make your next reservation.

Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stay here very frequently & are delighted that you have listened to some of us regulars &!) included free wifi in the rooms for Silver members.Unfortunately whilst we are pleased it continues to irk generally & spoiling otherwise great reviews.Perhaps this too will be reconsidered as you are definitely not a budget hotel.Again we had a fabulous stay & even though the hotel has several sporting groups & weddings,things ran smoothly.
The staff are friendly & many are there for a long time,which I always feel is a good sign.it is very handy to motorways & Manchesters attractions & another lovely meal in The dining rooms.Scallops & suckling pig is delicious,& don't forget the hand cut chips-yummy !
See you next month!

Room Tip: We love cobbles rooms.wifi free in public areas & in rooms for Marriott silver +.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

On arrival the receptionist was most friendly and I was allowed to check in early.

However when going to pay, the bill was £96.00, despite my booking saying £85.00. I mentioned this and the lady said it was £96.00 due to advanced booking. I got my phone out, checked the email and it confirmed it was £85.00. The lady honoured this and asked me to forward the email for their records.

The room was lovely and we received the extras we had requested. The view of the gardens was beautiful too.

I personally think wifi should be free, but this was not the case in the rooms.

I would certainly go back, but as above, would be careful when going to pay - checking the amount!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Worsley
Novotel Manchester West
Holiday Inn Manchester MediaCityUK
The Midland
The Midland
#13 of 119 in Manchester

Been to Worsley Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!