“Saturday night treat”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My husband decided to treat me to my tea and we ended up at The Barton Arms. Even though it was very busy we were located a table staright away. The food and service was great my husband sastisfied his steak craving which was done to perfection and my goats cheese tart was delicious. Highly recommended.

There are newer reviews for Barton Arms

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I often eat here with family and friends as it is local to me.
The place is clean and modern, and the staff friendly, helpful and polite.
The restaurant service is very good and the food is tasty enough and good value for money.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

As a family of four we dine quite often at the Barton Arms - the quality of the food is excellent and the pub is clean and nicely situated. Children are also welcome and provided with crayons and colouring paper.

Unfortunately today the same high standards were not in evidence.

On arrival we were told the electronic tills were not working and meals could not be ordered straight away.

Prior to our meal arriving the next table was taken by a wheelchair bound man and his friend/assistant. She went to the bar twice to order meals from the menu and each time was told it wasnt available. They upped sticks and went to the Bridgewater Arms.

We waited more than 20 minutes after our main course for the table to be cleared (it wasnt !). I then had to leave our table to attract the attention of the waiter and a waitress twice for our children's desert (which had already been ordered and paid for). It then arrived in a plastic pot (with the date and time printed on it), plonked into a saucer. The waiter actually tried to serve the deserts with all the food plates from the main course still on the table - unbelievable.

Crayons and paper were not provided - no-one asked how we liked our meal.

The customer should not have to pursue waiters for service, nor ask for a table to be cleared.

2  Thank pammiekins37
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I've been to the Barton Arms a few times over the years. This is easily the best experience I've had of this great pub. We ordered of the set menu which had great options and choices for everyone. The lattice fries where delicious and the staff and management, very friendly. We even stayed for desserts, and the Chocolate Brownie is to die for!! Great kids menu too.
Cant wait to go back again!!

2  Thank nosynnetkram
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We went to the Barton Arms after being recommended by a friend. Although it was a Monday, the pub seemed very busy and had a great atmosphere. We were seated and looked after by a friendly waiter who couldn't seem to help enough. The range of real ales was outstanding, 5 or 6 on offer, the waiter even offered me a sample of each one.
The food was of restaurant quality at little over pub prices.
I had the set menu, almond Brie starter followed by steak pie.... Fantastic. My wife had parfait then "the best ribeye she has ever had".
The waiter also recommended a lovely glass of cabernet sauvignon to compliment the steak, all this in a pub!
Thank you to the Barton arms for a great evening, and thank you to my friends for the recommendation. Two new "regulars" acquired!

1  Thank Tradlet