Could not fault this place. Had a lovely stay for our first anniversary. The service was impeccable, the bedrooms were beautiful, gardens extremely well maintained and the food was really high quality. In fact we dined the previous night at a Michelin starred restaurant and preferred the food at Old Downton Lodge. We like to try new places and there are every few places we go back to twice but this would be one. Location is also extremely beautiful, we recommend taking a walk to Downton Castle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fascinating. Intriguing. Mesmeric. Pure escapism just seven miles from Ludlow, in some respects, Old Downton Lodge defies description: It is not a hotel, nor is it really a bed and breakfast or a restaurant with rooms. Each of the nine bedrooms are unforgettable – stylishly converted from historic farm buildings surrounding a flower bedecked courtyard, each is quirky, luxurious, packed with history and designed to make you smile. The hospitality is relaxed and genuine. The food – served in a dramatic dining hall - is exceptional and the wine list inspired. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms, LateRooms, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Old Downton Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Downton Hotel Downton On The Rock
- Old Downton Lodge Downton On The Rock, Shropshire