Spontaneous decision to go away for the night to Ludlow. Although Old Downton Lodge was quite a way out from Ludlow Centre, it was well worth the trip. We stayed in room 8, which had a lovely old four poster bed. The room was very comfortable and tastefully decorated. We had no problems at all with service and were content to enjoy ourselves without over-attention. The breakfast was excellent. We would recommend this hotel to anybody wanting a quiet and luxurious stay in Ludlow and its beautiful surrounding countryside. Highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fascinating. Intriguing. Mesmeric. Pure escapism just seven miles from Ludlow, in some respects, Old Downton Lodge defies description: It is not a hotel, nor is it really a bed and breakfast or a restaurant with rooms. Each of the nine bedrooms are unforgettable – stylishly converted from historic farm buildings surrounding a flower bedecked courtyard, each is quirky, luxurious, packed with history and designed to make you smile. The hospitality is relaxed and genuine. The food – served in a dramatic dining hall - is exceptional and the wine list inspired. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Old Downton Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Downton Hotel Downton On The Rock
- Old Downton Lodge Downton On The Rock, Shropshire