We stayed here a few years ago and decided to come back for a long weekend in March. We already knew the place was good, the location is stunning, a quiet little village with beautiful countryside views. We got a great deal with dinner, bed and breakfast with a two course dinner every night! The food was stunning. I can't fault it, top marks to the chef they have. We mostly ate fish which was beautifully cooked and also I have to say the creamy white wine garlic sauce was delicious, should have asked for the recipe. Stunning. I also have to say that the staff were great, very friendly, helpful and knowledgable, well run team. Was sad to leave come the Sunday morning. We will definately be returning and recommend to friends and family. If you want to real in the countryside, have great food, great service and great walks (We walked from the here to Dartington Shops) then this is the place for you. I can't wait to go back. Thanks all at the Sea Trout for making our stay wonderful. Was lovely to be back in Devon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Trout Inn is a traditional South Devon Inn dating back to the 15th century. Situated in the picturesque South Hams village of Staverton near Totnes the Sea Trout Inn hotel and restaurant is an idyllic country retreat. There are 10 well appointed en-suite rooms available for bed and breakfast, perfect for couples and business people alike. The Sea Trout Inn offers an ideal place to stay, relax and wine & dine with friends, family or business colleagues. The restaurant serves a mixture of a la carte and pub classics all sourced locally and as seasonal as nature intended. Our frequently changing menu uses the superb ingredients on our doorstep from South Devon farms and fisheries. Choose to dine alfresco on warm summer days and snuggle up beside the log fires in the winter months. Wonderfully positioned between Plymouth and Exeter we are an ideal base to explore the South Hams with plenty to keep you entertained. Take a trip on the South Devon steam railway from Staverton to the remarkable town of Totnes, set on the beautiful River Dart. Explore the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of Dartmoor National Park or visit Agatha Christies Greenway. We are a dog friendly Inn and encourage guests to bring their dog with them. South Devon is the perfect place for walking with breathtaking scenery right on our doorstep. The Sea Trout Inn, Staverton Totnes is perfect for a restful weekend break, pub lunch or a romantic dinner. A welcoming and friendly place for all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Sea Trout Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Trout Hotel Staverton
- Sea Trout Inn Devon/Staverton