Stayed on B n B basis for 2nights - room large and well equipped with everything you would need - large bathroom with bath and shower -small TV, nice tea making etc , very clean and tidy , WIFI can be a problem however across Dartmoor will be so! , you can log on if you need to downstairs at reception.
Breakfasts were excellent , great choice of English and cereals /fruit -all brought to you including toast and hot drinks - the staff service throughout the pub/restaurant/ hotel was fantastic and clearly very well trained in highest standards.
We chose to eat in the restaurant one evening - the food is 1st class and of fine dining standards - we will certainly dine again and stop over. Booking likely for the restaurant as very popular.
A great location and super value for money for a nice weekend away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea Trout Inn is a traditional South Devon Inn dating back to the 15th century. Situated in the picturesque South Hams village of Staverton near Totnes the Sea Trout Inn hotel and restaurant is an idyllic country retreat. There are 10 well appointed en-suite rooms available for bed and breakfast, perfect for couples and business people alike. The Sea Trout Inn offers an ideal place to stay, relax and wine & dine with friends, family or business colleagues. The restaurant serves a mixture of a la carte and pub classics all sourced locally and as seasonal as nature intended. Our frequently changing menu uses the superb ingredients on our doorstep from South Devon farms and fisheries. Choose to dine alfresco on warm summer days and snuggle up beside the log fires in the winter months. Wonderfully positioned between Plymouth and Exeter we are an ideal base to explore the South Hams with plenty to keep you entertained. Take a trip on the South Devon steam railway from Staverton to the remarkable town of Totnes, set on the beautiful River Dart. Explore the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of Dartmoor National Park or visit Agatha Christies Greenway. We are a dog friendly Inn and encourage guests to bring their dog with them. South Devon is the perfect place for walking with breathtaking scenery right on our doorstep. The Sea Trout Inn, Staverton Totnes is perfect for a restful weekend break, pub lunch or a romantic dinner. A welcoming and friendly place for all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Sea Trout Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Trout Hotel Staverton
- Sea Trout Inn Devon/Staverton