“Brilliant coffee shop and meeting place”
Review of Harris and Hoole - CLOSED

Harris and Hoole
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great coffee, good food, brilliant service. Add those to great decor, lovely staff and it's a perfect place to go.

1  Thank Keith H

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I thoroughly love the concept of the coffee shop. While certainly overpriced I still came and enjoyed a great coffee once in a while. Unfortunately the staff is horrible. First time I thought it was a one time experience, but it isn't. Today I sat at the end of the room to enjoy a quiet break. Nothing like that. The most appalling banging from the kitchen was going on. I have never experienced something like that. Even the wooden blanks used to serve food in the end were thrown out into the floor! I mentioned the incredible noise to staff without any result. Besides waited 20 minutes for my coffee. That's it now. I will not go back

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Excellent coffee and I agree with them it is the best in the town. The food is always fresh, varied and delicious and served in a friendly welcoming atmosphere. Very different to the other "greasy spoon" options available in the town. Always busy, so I can't be alone in how I feel about the place. Not the town's cheapest option, but you have to pay for quality and I would say it represents good value for money. Long may it continue.

1  Thank Bob A
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I love the Crowborough H&H. It has a really 'local' feel about it. The coffee shop is inviting and you get a good atmosphere. There are often tables free but busy enough to give an atmosphere. Choice of tables and chairs and sofas. The coffee is fabulous albeit expensive (more than high street chains) and the service can be a little slow. Don't go there if you are in a rush. Take it slow and enjoy the ambience, again food is delist but expensive. Coffee and lunch won't get you change of a tenner. There is a loyalty card which is worth getting. One toilet.

1  Thank SlayerKat
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great place for lunch, been twice now in the last week should have been before, very helpful friendly staff. Great coffee , lovely atmosphere.

1  Thank Apple107