“So much promise.....”

Dining options: Reservations
Telford, United Kingdom
“So much promise.....”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

A quiet Tuesday night in Broseley at the Pheasent and what a nice looking establishment we were shown to our table and presented with a comprehensive menu with plenty of variety, I skip the starters and go straight for a main course the braised pork belly with parsnip and sage mash accompanied with a cider and stilton sauce. The pork slices were presented and cooked well and the accompanying veg provided colour, my taste buds drooling with anticipation as I spy the pork crackling my knife passes through it as if it was going through warm butter.....hang on isn't this crackling isn't it supposed to offer some kind of resistance, oh dear pork without proper crackling is not pork belly, first disappointment of the night, the second unfortunately comes courtesy of the next course, again the lemon tart with chantilly cream sounds too good to be true and frankly it is, the lemon tart comes poorly presented with the undercooked pastry falling off the back and the wafer thin lemon topping looks like it's been hand pressed by the chef I'm sorry to say it did look like the last lemon tart in the shop quite sorry in its appearance.......so overall some good bits like the decor but unfortunately ruined by some unforgivable mistakes.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank fierychorizo

Broseley, United Kingdom
“Friends meal out”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We went for a meal here yesterday and everyone of our group of six had a great meal, even our friend who is a chef said it was good! High praise indeed well done and thank you

Much Wenlock, United Kingdom
“Not what I expected!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

To start with I must mention that there were 12 of us, always a hard one for any venue. I had much anticipation about eating at Signatures, most who I knew that had been before were really impressed.
We all sat down and chose our dishes, the variety offered was quite surprising. I chose a prawn cocktail starter with a pasta main. The starters arrived in good time, considering the restaurant was busy. A few people had pate, some had breaded goats cheese and other options. All good portions. My starter I felt wasn't that good 'vfm', but it was tasty enough, and the prawns were washed well so no salty taste. The bread served with it was a little stale, not as fresh as I would have anticipated. The salad served on all our plates wasn't that inventive or colourful, simply a few leaves.
The mains came, again, in good time. Mine was a blue cheese and smoked chicken pasta dish, with chilli in the sauce. Served with fresh bread this time. I would have preferred some vegetables personally, instead of extra carbs. The flavours were good but I couldn't taste the smoked chicken as it was overpowered by the blue cheese. Shame!
Overall, I will visit again to try other dishes, but I do think they could do better considering the prices charged - especially the prawn cocktail!

Telford, United Kingdom
“Wow ”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Well where do I start.
Firstly the place is spotless, well decorated and quirky.
I came for lunch with my boyfriend on Sat 19th.
The menu is superb- and great early bird deals on certain days and great Sunday lunch offer- will be back to try that.
All dishes sounded very tempting and all priced very well.
Great to see that they source from local business's too.
We ordered the pate and the goats cheese bruschetta for starters - both were fantastically presented and taste beautiful too.
Again with mains- very happy, very full but couldn't resist the puddings- surprise surprise- delicious.
Great portion size and all homemade which is a bonus.
Very very happy customers - staff very friendly. And know how to please people.
Also the toilets are fabulous!
Will be returning shortly! Shame the mother moved from down the road else we'd be in there all week to try everything!

“Good veggie selection”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We visited here a couple of weeks after it reopened. Have to say the food was really high quality, fresh and tasty with excellent vegetarian selection, away from the cheesy broccoli bakes! My husband opted for the steak which he said was delish however the accomplishments were slightly on the small size. I think due to being a relatively new team staff were a little disorganised and slow however I believe it will be fixed with experience and time, certainly nothing to put you off. Also I think staff should be more aware of drinks running out/low and having to grab their attention. Overall a great little restaurant to bring broseley alive and wish them every success.