“Overpriced 'fancy' nosh!” 3 of 5 bubbles

The King and Thai
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Broseley
Price range: US$30 - US$41
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Overpriced 'fancy' nosh!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Overall a lovely place. Car park terrible to park on when full (parked in a bush area)! Firstly, purchased some drinks (very overpriced) a pint, two spritzers & a coke (no change from a twenty) had to wait to be seated but had some lovely thai crackers. Sat down & looked at menu, I thought they'd bought the wrong one out. There were only four starters, which is a shame as I love thai fish cakes (there weren't any). The mains are priced from 11.95-17.95 each! An absolute rip off for apparent thai cuisine. I've been to much better thai restaurants that don't need to charge an eye watering £60 for two people to eat a starter & a main with sides. I was embarrassed at the prices (since my bf was paying) I really don't think it needs to be so much because a fancy chef is cooking it. The food was tasty, but there wasn't a red thai prawn curry option, which I love. Not much for people who don't eat meat but fish. The portions weren't much either. I wouldn't go back.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MorningsEleven

Msida, Malta
“Excellent food, well presented and fast service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were the first to dine at 6pm, my partner had the prawn toast and I had the pork balls which were served on skewers with a nicely spicy sweet chilli dipping sauce.
The king prawns looked first rate, my partner (she is a self confessed prawn addict) was pleased with them.
Main course was pad thai x 2, which we both enjoyed.
Our usual cup of coffee rounded off a nice meal out.
The toilets were spotlessly clean, although something could be done about the outbuildings and car park space to make it more appealing to visitors, since it is a destination venue.

• Visited August 2014
Telford, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We have visited the King & Thai several times now and it is fast becoming my favourite restaurant. Cannot fault the service, food or presentation. I would love to go here every weekend if possible.
Would recommend anyone who loves fresh, tasty and beautiful looking food to try here, it's an experience you won't forget and will leave you dying to go back there!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Excellent service and beautifully presented”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Went here with 3 others and we were pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere. The staff were exceptional in their attention to service. I was disappointed no one was converted to the taste of Thai food after the starter. The main meals were average compared to the starter and sweet. The presentation was beautiful for all 3 courses.

The price was on the high side but overall I was impressed.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Fab!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal here. The food and service were both excellent. We can't usually manage 3 courses but here you just have to. Can't wait to return.