“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 1 Wroughton B&B and Inns
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed here the night before an interview in Swindon and couldn't believe the luxury! Would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tiverton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

We needed to find somewhere to stay near to Swindon and we were so lucky to find Overtown Manor. It was a last minute booking so we booked through laterooms.com which made it incredibly good value.
The bedroom we stayed in was large, beautifully furnished and with a large en-suite bathroom. The choice for breakfast was excellent and everything was delicious. The whole ethos of the place is sumptuous luxury. Nancy couldn't have been more helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I was fortunate to find the website for Overtown Manor after looking for somewhere to stay while attending a conference close to Swindon.

As soon as I arrived I was made to feel very welcome. The bedroom and en-suite were both large and extremely well decorated, and the breakfast in the morning was delicious. I would have no hesitation in recommending this b & b to anyone, whether travelling alone or with a family.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Could not be faulted, highly recommended, worth the trip just to stay here.

• Stayed October 2011
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

The second we arrived at Overtown manor we felt like we had arrived home. I travelled with my little baby and mother and Nancy could not have been more helpful and accomodating - she even provided baby shampoo and changing mat! The house itself is beautifully decorated, clean and homely the beds comfortable and the breakfast outstanding, especially the coffee! You must stay at this fantastic B&B my mother and I are already making plans to stay again next year.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

I booked Overtown for two nights dinner, bed & breakfast for both my grandparents as part of my grandfather's 85th Birthday trip to STEAM. My husband and I joined them for dinner on the saturday and have to say how blown away i was with just how wonderful this place is.

Nancy helped me with planning quite a lot of this trip and nothing was too much of a bother- I really feel she went well above and beyond to help arrange such a special trip. Both Nancy and her family really were so hospitable and you receive a very warm welcome when staying here.

The food was amazing and if I could eat her creme brulee for the rest of my days I would die happy! My granparents said that breakfast was a real feast with enough choice of fruit salad, cereals and yogurts for those not wishing to indulge in the fantastic cooked breakfast. My grand dad also could not stop talking about the 'massive' slice of cake that he had with tea or how kind Nancy was to them all.

Both the bedrooms and guest areas strike just the write balance of comfort and style whilst maintaining the charm of the manor and the gardens are just a joy. This place would be wonderful at any price but I really think Overtown Manor represents exceptional value for money.
If you ever have the chance to stay here- DO!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sian1984
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

Having chosen Overtown Manor on the basis of some already excellent reviews my girlfriend and I stayed for a lovely couple of days during a holiday in Wiltshire. It far exceeded our expectations.

The Manor itself is set in beautiful countryside and has been carefully and tastefully converted into a B&B from the farmhouse and family home in which the proprietor, Nancy, grew up. Nancy herself is friendly, welcoming, helpful and an excellent cook (prior to opening the B&B she was a professional chef); providing a superb breakfast and the option of evening meals prepared with locally-sourced ingredients (including home-grown vegetables and herbs).

The bedrooms are large and well-furnished so although it still has the feeling of a family home (the family are lovely), there is privacy if you want it! The countryside all around is chock-a-block with historical sites, pretty little villages, country pubs, restaurants and walks of all lengths and levels of challenge, which Nancy is happy to recommend should you find yourself unsure of where to start.

I couldn't recommend it any higher and we firmly intend to return as soon as possible. Thank you Nancy (and family) for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lexlang
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wroughton
De Vere Alexandra House
Chiseldon House
#12 of 24 in Swindon
Blunsdon House Hotel, BW Premier Collection
DoubleTree by Hilton Swindon

Been to Overtown Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!