“Amazing B&B”

Ranked #1 of 1 Wroughton B&B and Inns
England
“Amazing B&B”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

What an amazing surprise this gem is! The perfect B&B for the discerning traveller. A large country manor house, surrounded by peace and tranquility on the downs just 10 minutes from Swindon. Grand comfortable public rooms and cosy country bedrooms, with a bed to die for.

The welcome is equally amazing and I cannot praise this establishment enough. If you are considering accommodation in the Swindon area, you will struggle to find anything that compares!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Surrey
Reviewed 9 February 2013

This was a second one-night stop for my wife and me. Nancy runs this B&B most ably and professionally. You are welcomed with tea and home made biscuits or cake in the beautifully appointed lounge, and the breakfasts are exquisite, served in a wonderful dining room with (in February) a log fire in both rooms.

On both our stays we loved the different rooms we were given, which include a well stocked hospitality tray and bathroom. I slept like a log.

Overtown Manor is a little more expensive than many B&Bs, but it's worth every penny. Anyone who fancies a touch of luxury and a warm welcome should sample it there.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Absolutely great stay here for 3 nights on a business trip. Nancy is an attentive and friendly host. I don't generally stop to write reviews but this establishment is deserving of success. Overtown Manor is a model for how B&Bs should operate.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Birmingham
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Wonderful B and B in a manor house on a farm setting. Lovely large super king bedded room with quality bedding and bathroom facilities. Superb breakfast with extensive choice of quality food. Thank you to Nancy for a warm welcome and to Yana for looking after us during our stay. Sincerely hope to return in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I reiterate all of Angie's comments and add that, from the moment I arrived, I was made to feel very welcome by Nancy. This warm hopsitality continued throughout my short stay at the Manor. As Angie said, you come back from a days work and can wind down with a cup of tea and slice of homemade cake in front of the open fire in the Drawing Room. The rooms are spacious and the beds very comfortable. In the mornings, breakfast is cooked to order and you are offered a range of other choices. I cannot recommend this B & B highly enough to business travellers, as well as those on leisure trips.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Hockley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2012

A colleague & I were on a business trip in Swindon this week & spent 2 nights at Overtown Manor. I can only echo the high praise of other reviewers. The easy option on a business trip to Swindon is to stay in one of the big chained hotels where many of the conferences are held. After a long meeting the short 10 minute drive out to Nancy is the start of a truly unique experience. The stress of the day completely dissolves with one of Nancy's large pots of tea & a slice of home made cake. The rooms are spacious & spotless, large white towels, sumptuous bed, pillows & quilt all make for a very comfortable stay. Breakfast the following morning far exceeds anthing you would get from a chain hotel and sets you up for the day ahead. Forget the easy option, take the 10 minute drive, you will not regret it! Thanks Nancy, see you next time I am in Swindon.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My excellent stay at Overtown Manor has finally made me joing up to Trip advisor so that I can share this wonderful B&B with you all. I travel a lot and I feel that this will be the first of many reviews of hotels. And I bet that few will match the excellence of Overtown Manor.

Arriving at Overtown Manor through leafy country lanes you find your self driving up a gravel drive lined with old stone mushrooms and you come to a stop right out side the beatiful histoic manor house. A couple of steps, again guarded by the giant stone mushrooms lead you to the front door. Nancy, the owner, welcomed my girlfrined and I in. Asked us if we need any assistance with our bags and showed us to our room.

It was early August and Overtown Manor usually closes for a few weeks in the summer so that Nancy can spend time with her two children but because of a mistake on my part with double booking myself in September I asked if we could change the dates to the first week in August. Nancy, with no hesitaiton changed my booking. Since, thery are usually closed this meant that we had the choice of the four rooms as no one else was staying at the manor that weekend. We had the place to ourselves.

Once we had settled in to our luxurious room, which came with homemade cookies, Nancy said that there would be cake and tea or elderflower cordial available and since it was a nice sunny day would we like it in the garden – before the rains came again?

Homemade chocolate sponge cake with refreshing elderflower cordial in beatiful mature garden was a perfect way to start our weekend break. While having cake Nancy checked on us and asked if we had plans for an evening meal. We hadn’t and she recomneded a nice little italian in town close by. Nancy even offered to book it for us. We graciously acdepted and the meal was delightful.

We stayed at Overtown Manor for two nights and vistied the local area. We visited Stonehenge and Avebury and before we set out each morning we were welecomed by a full cooked breakfast (chocies where made the previous night), homemade muffins and banana bread (still warm), fresh fruit, cerial, toast and coffee and tea… what a way to start the day.

Nancy looked afterwards superbly and on our second evning we arrived back and since we were the only guests there missed Nancy, who was busy in the garden with her children. We went to our room and showered and changed for the evening. On leaving the room for our meal we found a tray of homemade cakes and elderflower cordial waiting outside of our door, Nancy did not want to disturb us. We brough thte cake in and decided that woud be perfect desert when we came back.

I cannot recommend Overtown Manor highly enough and Nancy certainly desrves all of the 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JonnyAllan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wroughton
Alexandra House
Holiday Inn Express Swindon West M4, Jct 16
Village Hotel Swindon
Village Hotel Swindon
#8 of 25 in Swindon

Been to Overtown Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!