“World's best hostess”

Overtown Manor Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Wroughton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My wife and I returned to Overtown Manor for a weekend break, having stayed there one night a couple of years ago. This time we invited my wife's sister and her husband, hoping they would be as delighted as we were the first time. No problems at all - they are now as knocked out by the experience as we are! The rooms are perfect, the setting idyllic, Nancy the hostess is so welcoming and lovely. I should also add she bakes the best cakes, which you can sample as you arrive! And the breakfasts cannot be bettered - locally sourced food perfectly cooked.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Imagine everything you would like to find in a Bed and Breakfast and then add some!
Nancy and her family have created a little piece of paradise.
I visited Overtown Manor for a small business event and it was brilliant. There is nothing to complain about - bedrooms are so comfortable, hospitality and food is way beyond homely and the location made for a briliant place to work on our strategy.
On the other hand, you could come here as a couple or on your own and be just as well looked after.
If you miss this wonderful place on your travels through Wiltshire, you could be described as mad!

Room Tip: Nancy is the best host I have ever met - ask her and she will look after you
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 May 2013

I stayed at Overtown Manor this Wednesday evening as I had an all day meeting in Swindon on Thursday.

Rather then staying at a ‘template hotel’ I opted for a B&B outside the town centre as I really needed a good night’s sleep and somewhere very comfortable to stay. Overtown Manor is a gem. Lovely welcome with cake and coffee as well as home made flapjacks and biscuits in the room. A nicely appointed room with free WiFi, small flat screen TV, hairdryer, toiletries (including cotton wool and ear buds), big towels, dressing gown and extremely comfortable bed. It is also blissfully peaceful and took around 20 minutes in rush hour to get to my destination. So much nicer than a standard corporate hotel.

I’m vegetarian and Nancy and her team prepared a delicious breakfast with local bread, poached eggs and local mushrooms. She also organised a packed lunch for me which saved time and included home made banana cake!

They are now offering day long meeting packages which must be idea for businesses in Swindon looking for a more interesting offsite meeting space with delicious home made food. I will stay again when I’m in the area.

Room Tip: I stayed in the attic room which overlooked the front of the farm and was very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
overtownmanor, Owner at Overtown Manor Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2013

Thank you for your kind review. It helps to know we are doing the right thing but we are always trying to find new ways to make your stay here more enjoyable.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

This place is off the beaten bath and a welcome quiet respite. Nancy the owner is charming, helpful and approachable. The house is impeccably maintained and they even made me a large pot of tea and cakes when i arrived. A welcome treat after thundering along the M4! Breakfast was equally wonderful with all farm-tp-table-ingredients. If you like countryside, wild cowslips and open fields and want a taste of real England, this is home sweet home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the front if you want to catch the afternoon light as you listen to the b...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We stayed one evening at the B&B as we were passing through. Such a welcoming, homely place with a special personal touch from the hosts. Homemade biscuits in the room, four poster beds, and fantastic breakfast to accommodate all requirements. Glorious setting, with horses and a pool outside of the bedroom window.

Wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2013

What a fantastic experience!

The manor was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The included breakfasts were hearty, lovingly prepared, and made with locally-sourced ingredients. Best of all, the owners made me feel right at home, with never-ending tea and cakes,and cookies and warm drinks delivered to my room (spontaneously and free of charge!). The owner also offered loads of helpful recommendations, gave me a lift to the train station, and offered multiple times to drive me to local sights.

I recommend Overtown Manor without reservations and look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2013

What an amazing surprise this gem is! The perfect B&B for the discerning traveller. A large country manor house, surrounded by peace and tranquility on the downs just 10 minutes from Swindon. Grand comfortable public rooms and cosy country bedrooms, with a bed to die for.

The welcome is equally amazing and I cannot praise this establishment enough. If you are considering accommodation in the Swindon area, you will struggle to find anything that compares!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wroughton
Alexandra House
#2 of 25 in Swindon
Swindon Marriott Hotel
Swindon Marriott Hotel
#10 of 25 in Swindon

Been to Overtown Manor Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!