I have stayed here before and find the location and facilities excellent and it is convenient for touring the Cotswolds. I have never paid full price and do not know what it is! In the past I have had dinner and B&B for £79 per night for two people and on my last stay I paid £98 for 2 nights B&B. The rooms are excellent, the beds are very comfortable and the breakfast was very good, particularly the bacon!.
Small quibbles. Free internet is provided but one has to ask reception for a 16 digit code which gives one 30 minutes access and then a new code is needed. I was not on a business trip but if I had been I would have found this procedure very tedious. I paid £25 for an upgrade package of "A Bottle of Wine and Chocolates" etc which was, to be candid, disappointing. A 1/2 bottle of undrinkable red wine and a box of 4 chocolates! Also 2 small bottles of water, a can of cherry fizz and 2 nice towelling bathrobes. A bit much I thought. Get a bargain price on this hotel and skip the "Extras" and you will be happy. Also, the hotel telephone system charges 70p/minute for local calls! Anybody who is charging that when mobiles are free or Max 35p a minute isn't going to get business I think!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alexandra House is a modern contemporary hotel, boasting 152 en-suite bedrooms and banqueting, wedding and meeting space for up to 250 people across 22 bespoke spaces, ideally located just 5 minutes from junction 15, M4 motorway. For business guests we are perfectly situated in Wroughton, overlooking Swindon within easy reach (5 mins. drive) to Nationwide - Pipers Way head office, Windmill Hill and Blagrove business parks, home to companies such as Openwork, RWE, BP Castrol, Nokia Siemens, MAN truck and Catalent. Set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds within the beautiful Cotswold countryside, this Wiltshire hotel is a fantastic choice for the discerning leisure visitor, close to an array of world-class locations including Avebury & Stonehenge World Heritage Site, Longleat Safari Park, the Roman Spa city of Bath, Lacock village, home to Lacock Abbey where Harry Potter was filmed, McArthur Glen outlet shopping village and the start of the ‘Ridgeway’, an ancient Iron-Age track, which is possibly the oldest road in Europe. Stone Age man once walked along its route - not only long before the likes of Stonehenge came into being, but even before Britain was an island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Alexandra House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra House Hotel Swindon
- Alexandra Hotel Wroughton
- Alexandra House Wroughton, Wiltshire