Booked this hotel last minute as a suprise to take my wife away for the weekend of our wedding anniversary.
The location is in the counrtyside just outside the village of Wroughton, we did get lost as our sat nav lost its GPS signal.
Check-in was very efficient & extremely polite with all aspects & facilities of the hotel explained to us.
Bedrooms were really nice & lookeda exactly as the hotels image gallery showed.R
Restaurant & Bars - as we were arriving late on Fri evening I contacted the hotel direct & asked if we could transfer our pre-booked evening meal for the Sat evening, which they said was ok straight away, no fuss or hassle.
We had a bar meal Fri - good menu selection & food delivered quickly, hot & tasted good.
Sat night we eat in the restaurant which only has a Set menu, no Al La Carte choice.
This was a little bit limited , but enough choices for us, although we did hear some people complain there wasn`t enough choice.
Bar service was differential, in that, not enough staff on as there was a wedding reception on sat night , so had to wait at bar with nobody around.
Used lesiure facilities & again really good & staff extremely helpful.
Overall this was a good trip & we would recommend it for a short break if you can get it at a reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alexandra House is a modern contemporary hotel, boasting 152 en-suite bedrooms and banqueting, wedding and meeting space for up to 250 people across 22 bespoke spaces, ideally located just 5 minutes from junction 15, M4 motorway. For business guests we are perfectly situated in Wroughton, overlooking Swindon within easy reach (5 mins. drive) to Nationwide - Pipers Way head office, Windmill Hill and Blagrove business parks, home to companies such as Openwork, RWE, BP Castrol, Nokia Siemens, MAN truck and Catalent. Set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds within the beautiful Cotswold countryside, this Wiltshire hotel is a fantastic choice for the discerning leisure visitor, close to an array of world-class locations including Avebury & Stonehenge World Heritage Site, Longleat Safari Park, the Roman Spa city of Bath, Lacock village, home to Lacock Abbey where Harry Potter was filmed, McArthur Glen outlet shopping village and the start of the ‘Ridgeway’, an ancient Iron-Age track, which is possibly the oldest road in Europe. Stone Age man once walked along its route - not only long before the likes of Stonehenge came into being, but even before Britain was an island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your De Vere Alexandra House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra House Hotel Swindon
- Alexandra Hotel Wroughton
- De Vere Alexandra House Wroughton, Wiltshire