The hotel is more a conference centre than a hotel. It tries very hard to be a hotel but falls down on some basic points. Tables not cleared in the restaurant of breakfast dishes, tepid tea/coffee/toast which you can only assume is because staff were prempting requests and had them on standby.
The jacuzzi, pool, steam and sauna were all very clean and an extra which you come to expect. What you don't expect is to be told on checking in is to use the towels from your room for the pool, tell us you've done this and then we will get you extra ones. Why not just give you towels at the leisure reception area? The photos are deceptive in the size of the pool - only 11 people allowed in the wet area at any one time.
A surcharge of £2:50 per credit/debit card use is charged by the hotel.....let's hope this doesn't creep in everywhere.
Arrival instructions were very good. Room was clean and quite with all the expected extras - free wifi/iron/hairdryer etc.
The showers, both in the room and the changing rooms, fluctuated between tepid, cold and boiling hot. The temperature dial was for show and didn't really have an impact on this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alexandra House is a modern contemporary hotel, boasting 152 en-suite bedrooms and banqueting, wedding and meeting space for up to 250 people across 22 bespoke spaces, ideally located just 5 minutes from junction 15, M4 motorway. For business guests we are perfectly situated in Wroughton, overlooking Swindon within easy reach (5 mins. drive) to Nationwide - Pipers Way head office, Windmill Hill and Blagrove business parks, home to companies such as Openwork, RWE, BP Castrol, Nokia Siemens, MAN truck and Catalent. Set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds within the beautiful Cotswold countryside, this Wiltshire hotel is a fantastic choice for the discerning leisure visitor, close to an array of world-class locations including Avebury & Stonehenge World Heritage Site, Longleat Safari Park, the Roman Spa city of Bath, Lacock village, home to Lacock Abbey where Harry Potter was filmed, McArthur Glen outlet shopping village and the start of the ‘Ridgeway’, an ancient Iron-Age track, which is possibly the oldest road in Europe. Stone Age man once walked along its route - not only long before the likes of Stonehenge came into being, but even before Britain was an island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Superbreak UK, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your De Vere Alexandra House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra House Hotel Swindon
- Alexandra Hotel Wroughton
- De Vere Alexandra House Wroughton, Wiltshire