Stayed 2 nights on DBB in August and overall had a wonderful stay! The service at reception was excellent, and although our two rooms were a little walk away this was not a problem for us, (and actually allowed us to walk off the delicious dinner we had!) The dinner on the first night was very good, with efficient service from very helpful and friendly staff. (Especially the F&B manager who served us)
The second night however was not quite up to the same standard - for example we asked for the fish and chips to come without mushy peas, and it subsequently came WITH mushy peas! They did offer to correct this though when mentioned. We did also feel a bit neglected when we were ready to order dessert and were avoided for about 20minutes by the waiting staff, who kept walking past avoiding our gaze!
These were only small points however, and the rest of our stay was most enjoyable - the bedrooms were a good size and very comfortable, and the leisure facilities are well maintained and modern too. There was a wedding on on the Staurday night, but this didn't affect us at all and we hardly even noticed it was there!
Would very happily stay at this hotel again and would definitely recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alexandra House is a modern contemporary hotel, boasting 152 en-suite bedrooms and banqueting, wedding and meeting space for up to 250 people across 22 bespoke spaces, ideally located just 5 minutes from junction 15, M4 motorway. For business guests we are perfectly situated in Wroughton, overlooking Swindon within easy reach (5 mins. drive) to Nationwide - Pipers Way head office, Windmill Hill and Blagrove business parks, home to companies such as Openwork, RWE, BP Castrol, Nokia Siemens, MAN truck and Catalent. Set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds within the beautiful Cotswold countryside, this Wiltshire hotel is a fantastic choice for the discerning leisure visitor, close to an array of world-class locations including Avebury & Stonehenge World Heritage Site, Longleat Safari Park, the Roman Spa city of Bath, Lacock village, home to Lacock Abbey where Harry Potter was filmed, McArthur Glen outlet shopping village and the start of the ‘Ridgeway’, an ancient Iron-Age track, which is possibly the oldest road in Europe. Stone Age man once walked along its route - not only long before the likes of Stonehenge came into being, but even before Britain was an island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Superbreak UK, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your De Vere Alexandra House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra House Hotel Swindon
- Alexandra Hotel Wroughton
- De Vere Alexandra House Wroughton, Wiltshire