I was here on a business training event.
The hotel is without any character. It apparently is a converted hospital, and gave me the same feeling, though without the smell of disinfectant! I felt more and more like I wanted to escape.
The rooms were modern and OK.
The staff were mixed. The reception staff were friendly enough, but failed to mention that you could not charge anything to your room without making "special arrangements" - how difficult would it be to take a swipe of your credit card when you checked in?
The bar drinks appeared to be priced with company expense accounts in mind - really over-priced! The food : well we had a buffet for lunch which was OK, and then selected our dinner from a huge menu, but the food was average at best.
Another real issue is that apart from in the car park and certain pockets (generally outside) there is NO mobile phone reception at the hotel.
I would definitely not stay here out of choice!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alexandra House is a modern contemporary hotel, boasting 152 en-suite bedrooms and banqueting, wedding and meeting space for up to 250 people across 22 bespoke spaces, ideally located just 5 minutes from junction 15, M4 motorway. For business guests we are perfectly situated in Wroughton, overlooking Swindon within easy reach (5 mins. drive) to Nationwide - Pipers Way head office, Windmill Hill and Blagrove business parks, home to companies such as Openwork, RWE, BP Castrol, Nokia Siemens, MAN truck and Catalent. Set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds within the beautiful Cotswold countryside, this Wiltshire hotel is a fantastic choice for the discerning leisure visitor, close to an array of world-class locations including Avebury & Stonehenge World Heritage Site, Longleat Safari Park, the Roman Spa city of Bath, Lacock village, home to Lacock Abbey where Harry Potter was filmed, McArthur Glen outlet shopping village and the start of the ‘Ridgeway’, an ancient Iron-Age track, which is possibly the oldest road in Europe. Stone Age man once walked along its route - not only long before the likes of Stonehenge came into being, but even before Britain was an island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, Superbreak UK, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Alexandra House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra House Hotel Swindon
- Alexandra Hotel Wroughton
- Alexandra House Wroughton, Wiltshire