I have stayed here twice with my partner on a weekend break without our little one and it is a lovely hotel in general, both rooms we've had have been quiet, modern and clean. Good selection of channels on the large TV (great when you have a little one who normally hogs it!), and the bar food and evening meal were lovely.
Breakfast is a little disappointing, but certainly nothing inedible, pleasant enough and staff are generally very friendly.
If you're a fan of eating in your room then I'd steer clear also, as there is not a large selection.
For the price you pay, I think this is a lovely hotel, probably not enough there for a lengthy stay, but for a quiet weekend/long weekend break it is superb, free pool and gym, with sauna, steam room and jacuzzi which are all very clean and a pleasure to use. If you have a car I'd suggest maybe venturing out to Marlborough or Avebury if its nice weather, both are a fairly short drive from the hotel. Possibly not the best hotel for an extended stay in if you have children (aside from the pool there isn't really much for them to do), as it is not really child orientated, more business and couple.
The cleaning staff must do an incredible job as both rooms we stayed in were spotless!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alexandra House is a modern contemporary hotel, boasting 152 en-suite bedrooms and banqueting, wedding and meeting space for up to 250 people across 22 bespoke spaces, ideally located just 5 minutes from junction 15, M4 motorway. For business guests we are perfectly situated in Wroughton, overlooking Swindon within easy reach (5 mins. drive) to Nationwide - Pipers Way head office, Windmill Hill and Blagrove business parks, home to companies such as Openwork, RWE, BP Castrol, Nokia Siemens, MAN truck and Catalent. Set in 20 acres of landscaped grounds within the beautiful Cotswold countryside, this Wiltshire hotel is a fantastic choice for the discerning leisure visitor, close to an array of world-class locations including Avebury & Stonehenge World Heritage Site, Longleat Safari Park, the Roman Spa city of Bath, Lacock village, home to Lacock Abbey where Harry Potter was filmed, McArthur Glen outlet shopping village and the start of the ‘Ridgeway’, an ancient Iron-Age track, which is possibly the oldest road in Europe. Stone Age man once walked along its route - not only long before the likes of Stonehenge came into being, but even before Britain was an island! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HRS, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Alexandra House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alexandra House Hotel Swindon
- Alexandra Hotel Wroughton
- Alexandra House Wroughton, Wiltshire